Author Topic: Champs and Paul Kirk  (Read 1208 times)

Gro

Champs and Paul Kirk
« on: October 14, 2012, 09:35:35 AM »
Thanks so much to Sharon, Becky, Gary, Chris and everyone else involved in hosting this special event.  It definitely was an exciting but low stress event.  So much fun!

I always love  the opportunity to catch up with old friends and meet new ones but sadly it seems there's never enough time to really visit.

One of the  highlights for me was visiting with Paul Kirk again AND hearing him play his accordion.  So, so special!  It brought back many memories of past Championships and wonderful friendships.

Thank you Paul for making Champs so special this year.  You are an inspiration to all!
Gro

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: Champs and Paul Kirk
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »
Having Paul present is always a highlight for any event!!  I wish we had asked him to do the anthems in the morning!!  That makes me cry, but is also a very happy event!

Paul was an overwhelming choice for the "Exhibitors Choice" award!!  And being around Paul is such a positive happening! 

It was also so surprising when that big gust of wind blew through the arena during his run with Renzo, blowing his hat off and blowing directly at Renzo during a "discussion" between the two of them.... Mother Nature is very strong also when needed!!!  I thought Gary was going to fall off the judges stand laughing!

Paul always brings a smile to everyone's face!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Jean Sather (McCreight)

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 12:10:07 PM »
Yup.  :)
Jean & Tux
Montana

Don Cuda

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 06:33:04 PM »
Yes, it was great to see Paul and to visit with him. He was the 1st judge that I showed under many years ago and he made the trial one I will never forget.
Don Cuda

marjorie ross

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 07:42:17 PM »
YES!  Champs, AS ALWAYS, was wonderful this year.  And a Champs I will never forget!

Paul Kirk is an amazing human being in every way possible.  Many years ago, when I first met Paul, we were at a trial.  I had yet to meet him but he was playing his accordian in his motorhome.  Being a lover of almost any good music, I actually stood outside his motorhome and listened to him....it was beautiful!    'nuff said...I was totally in love with him.  (His wonderful wife is so tolerant with all of of us who love him to pieces!)

His love of life, his family, his pups is extraordinary.

Did you see the Stakes folks dancing to his music?  I was beginning to think we would just listen to Paul and dance and forget about Stakes....:)  Just joyful!  Thanks so much, Paul.  We all love you!!!

Marj & Chellie

Jean Sather (McCreight)

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 05:24:58 AM »
Well for the benefit of those who weren't there and/or haven't had the pleasure of meeting Paul, I did take a snippet of video of him playing one day (with his permission).  Hope he doesn't mind if I share it here.  I do have to apologize for the fact that it is "sideways".  Not sure what possessed me to turn my camera vertically when I was recording, and now I can't figure out how to rotate the image!  :)
And he was donating the tips to NADAC rescue, how cool is that?!?  :)

Jean & Tux
Montana

Wild Terriers

Champs and Paul Kirk
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 11:03:14 AM »
Thanks Jean - I just love Paul!!!

Karen
Karen and the Wild Terriers