Author Topic: points file  (Read 1518 times)

Lisa Schmit In The Zone Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
points file
« on: October 19, 2012, 04:10:56 PM »
Sharon
Is there a way to post the points excel file on the forum or continue to post them to the yahoo group?

I have my own handy dandy access queries to calculate all my dogs points, # of DRI's per class per dog etc.   
I use to just download the excel file and import my dogs into access and run my queries.
I cant do that with the forum points easily.  I understand you can download to excel, but I would have to either create new databases everytime i do it, or check all the new points and that is just not feasible.

Thanks so much !!

lisa
Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com
Agility and Conditioning Seminars/Online Training Classes

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: points file
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 05:15:30 PM »
Sharon
Is there a way to post the points excel file on the forum or continue to post them to the yahoo group?

I have my own handy dandy access queries to calculate all my dogs points, # of DRI's per class per dog etc.   
I use to just download the excel file and import my dogs into access and run my queries.
I cant do that with the forum points easily.  I understand you can download to excel, but I would have to either create new databases everytime i do it, or check all the new points and that is just not feasible.

Thanks so much !!

lisa

No, under our new system it is not feasible to post the the lists.  Everyone can get their points via the NADAC web site or the forum queries.... with the old system, you had to download a new file with each new file uploaded, just as you do now to run your personal queries.

We don't post files to the Yahoo groups anymore, that is being phased out.

New points will be uploaded within a couple days and you can have fun examining them and smiling about your successes!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 06:11:11 PM »
totally understand :

Is there a way to create a summary of each dog for each level and class in the member section of the point section?
For example
Tandem 11-01002  Elite Regular 30 points 1 (DRI over 100)
Tandem 11-01002 Open Regular 125 points

etc etc

I think forum points section is great...so please dont take this as a criticism :)
Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 06:43:23 PM »
totally understand :

Is there a way to create a summary of each dog for each level and class in the member section of the point section?
For example
Tandem 11-01002  Elite Regular 30 points 1 (DRI over 100)
Tandem 11-01002 Open Regular 125 points

etc etc

I think forum points section is great...so please dont take this as a criticism :)

Once you download your points into Excel, you can sort it in as many ways as you want or dump it into Access and run all the queries you did before... you can get the exact data as above with a couple sorts or one query.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 04:17:17 AM »
I know you are an excel wiz :),   so is there a way to only download the newest records without having to click on each individual run?

Or is the only way to do this is the download the whole file  (which over time will become huge) each time i want to import into access to run queries?

I keep an excel file that summarizes my dogs points for each class and each level to see what I need for next title/award.  I try to keep it updated after each trial.

My system was very automated before-download excel, open in access, run queries.....
 so now am trying to figure out how to automate or semi-autmate my points calculation without having to type much :)

Any suggestions?? Anyone??   

just trying to figure out a way to keep track of 5  dogs and all their points :) :) :)
Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com

Richard Wolfe

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 01:05:39 PM »

just trying to figure out a way to keep track of 5  dogs and all their points :) :) :)

Hey, Lisa.  The points are also being updated on Nadac.com.  You can still download the CSV from there.  Doesn't that do it?  Also, I haven't done it, but there is an inquiry option on the Forum points page.  Maybe you can do an inquiry and download that.

Haven't seen you and Dwayne for a while.  I hope all's well with you guys and with Chrissy.
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 03:50:13 PM »

Hey, Lisa.  The points are also being updated on Nadac.com.  You can still download the CSV from there.  Doesn't that do it?  Also, I haven't done it, but there is an inquiry option on the Forum points page.  Maybe you can do an inquiry and download that.

Haven't seen you and Dwayne for a while.  I hope all's well with you guys and with Chrissy.
I agree, Richard... I use the NADAC web site for downloading points.... just click on the csv option and there you have them.... Lisa could do an easy sort by date and delete the ones she already has and import the new ones into her already made queries.... that should give her everything she needs.  The other option would be to overwrite her existing file with the new one she downloads and then run her queries.  The results would be the same.  I guess I would always go with option 2 and just do a clean overwrite each time with the new complete file.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 07:20:54 PM »
Thanks :)   I forgot about the CVS option on the nadac site :)
Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 08:11:29 AM »
As someone also suggested,  going to the advanced search and selecting the date range of your latest trials gets you JUST those records.

The thing I miss about not having the original files is not being able to see and congratulate friends on their results as well.

Thanks :)   I forgot about the CVS option on the nadac site :)
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 09:02:05 AM »

The thing I miss about not having the original files is not being able to see and congratulate friends on their results as well.

Friends can also post their brags in that section if they choose!!  And Facebook is constant with brags! 

I am sure that friends let you know how they are doing so you don't have to check their points for that!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility