Author Topic: NADAC in Virginia  (Read 1352 times)

dmadrid

NADAC in Virginia
« on: October 26, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »
Hey folks,

A friend of mine is moving to Alexandria, VA next week, and we were wondering if you all had recommendations on any NADAC clubs or trainers in the area.  She'll only be in VA for a year or so, but she would like to keep up with agility while she's away from TX.  Any info would be helpful (and if you know of any great off-leash areas, parks, or hikes, I'm sure that would be welcome, too!)

Best,
Danielle
Danielle

SpringCrew

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • NADAC Addict
Re: NADAC in Virginia
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 01:13:06 PM »
I would recommend she come to the Toys for Tots trial in Oxford, NC Dec 7-9. :-)  We get people from all over the East Coast for this trial.  I'm sure she would have fun and get to meet lot of nice NADAC folks.

I don't think I know all the clubs in that area so she can look for clubs  at http://www.nadac.com/afrm/nadac_clubs.asp?s=zip by zipcode. 
Tim Spring
If you aren't having fun you're not playing NADAC!

Roger Coor

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 07:47:43 PM »
There are some great NADAC trials within driving distance in that area.  If anyone is new or not to an area going on the NADAC web page and check out all the trials available.  I find trials I would have missed.  Also check out the clubs and see if any are within your area.
  There are some nice trials within a few hours of Alexandria.

LeeAnne McAdam

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 07:56:16 PM »
Everyone I know up that way works with the Pawzazz folks...which is of course Maryland, but depending on where exactly your friend is going to be, it might be doable.  Your friend couldn't get hooked up with a better bunch of people.
Lee Anne

Chris Chapman

• Trial Chair
    • Tails Up Agility Club - Chesapeake VA
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 04:42:57 PM »
MANY trials around that area.  Check VA, NC, MD, DE, NJ, PA on nadac.com.  I live in Virginia Beach (Tails Up Agility Club) and travel mostly north since there are so many up there.   :D
Chris Chapman
mom to tiny shelties: Following in Big Sis' Tiny Paws Piper, and Wild Child Darci
Virginia Beach, VA
Waiting for me on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge:  Lucky; Kasie; Nikki; NATCH-35 Versatility NATCH-30 All Around NATCH 13 tiny Perfect Chelsea;

Vicki Storrs

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 03:04:23 PM »
I'm probably 45-60 minutes west of Alexandria.  The geography and traffic patterns/problems of this area can make it tough!!  Pawzazz has been mentioned.  I go to Kamp Kitty in West VA, but that would be too far for your friend.  Periland, in Brunswick, MD (just on the other side of the Potomac due north of me in Hamilton), just completed their building so are now beginning to offer some indoor classes with NADAC style people, plus trials.  Your friend is not going to find anything NADAC "convenient" (minutes away), it just depends on how motivated they are, what their personal schedule is (to deal with the traffic issues), and what theyy're looking for.
Best of luck to them, maybe our paths will cross!!
Vicki Storrs
HHamilton VA
Vicki Storrs