Author Topic: FunRaiser in Saskatchewan?  (Read 646 times)

Alanna Leach

FunRaiser in Saskatchewan?
« on: June 10, 2013, 03:22:48 PM »
As many of you know, we held a FunRaiser in south Saskatchewan last year and have another planned for August 31/Sept. 1 this year.  The point of these FunRaisers was to kick start NADAC agility in southern Saskatchewan and hopefully a group of interested people would take on the fun task of growing another NADAC trial in the area.  At this point, there does not seem to be any one who is able to take on this role.  Kudos to Karen Rust and Theresa Bellows for all they did for last year's FunRaiser.  As well, Karen worked hard to secure a lovely grassed site outside of Regina for this years date.  But, neither of these ladies are in the position to take on the trial in the future. 

My question is this ... if NADAC is willing to do the FunRaiser this year, are there any individuals or groups who plan to take the date on in the future?  If there is not enough interest in continuing on with the date, we will likely cancel the FunRaiser.  It makes me sad to have to say this, I so enjoyed hosting many of you at last year's trial.  But, it doesn't make sense to host a FunRaiser if there is not enough local long term interest in the venue.

Please feel free to share this post with others who may not be on this forum.  I would like responses to come back to me by Monday, June 17.  At that time, we will let you all know of the outcome. 

Sincerely,
Alanna Leach
Alanna Leach

Blair Bloxham

Re: FunRaiser in Saskatchewan?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 10:42:44 PM »
Alanna,  i share your dissapointment that we don't seem to be able to generate more interest in NADAC in southern Sakatchewan,  You have done more than your share in Lloydminster, as has Lois in Saskatoon.  Over the past few years, you, Kelvin, Patti, and I have travelled up to 14 hours, in your case hauling equipment, in order to try and grow NADAC by running funraiser trials.   I would happily do it again if I thought there would be some progress,  but I have seen none to date, and if there is no local support to make it work then why bother.  As it is right now, we don't even raise any funds to speak of, if at all.

Blair

Alanna Leach

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 05:40:18 AM »
At this point, it is decided that SK FunRaiser will be canceled.  NADAC is more than willing to re-visit this area again if any interest in further trial development is shown.  Thanks to all the people who helped in the past, it was a ton of fun!

Sincerely,
Alanna Leach
(on behalf of the NADAC crew)
Alanna Leach

Lois Mierau

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 10:52:18 PM »
I too am very disappointed that we couldn't generate more interest in Nadac. I know if we could get competitors out just once they would be hooked but it is an uphill battle.

Lois Mierau
Sondog Agility
Saskatoon, Sk.
Lois Mierau
Sondog Agility
Saskatoon, Sk.
Canada