Author Topic: Feedback wanted. (Lord help me)  (Read 7781 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Feedback wanted. (Lord help me)
« on: May 24, 2012, 04:10:11 PM »
Hey everybody,

I spent a few hours this morning getting an update section built.    I am looking for some basic feedback as to the layout, accessibility, and readability.

This is just a first draft so I imagine it will change a good deal before the final version is done.

Click here: http://nadacforum.com/update

The important things I need to know are:

Can you read everything. (I went a little overkill on trying to make the 'updates' look good, so they have some special formatting that may not work in all browsers.  If that ends up being the case I will have to suck it up and use basic text instead)

Is it relatively fast.  (Again I used a lot of special windows trying to make it look snazzy.  If it totally kills the speed then I will have to eliminate some of it)

Do the colors make your eyes hurt.  (I was pretty flamboyant on the color choice).

Jean Sather (McCreight)

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Feedback wanted. (Lord help me)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 04:16:50 PM »
Hey everybody,

I spent a few hours this morning getting an update section built.    I am looking for some basic feedback as to the layout, accessibility, and readability.

This is just a first draft so I imagine it will change a good deal before the final version is done.

Click here: http://nadacforum.com/update

The important things I need to know are:

Can you read everything. (I went a little overkill on trying to make the 'updates' look good, so they have some special formatting that may not work in all browsers.  If that ends up being the case I will have to suck it up and use basic text instead)

Is it relatively fast.  (Again I used a lot of special windows trying to make it look snazzy.  If it totally kills the speed then I will have to eliminate some of it)

Do the colors make your eyes hurt.  (I was pretty flamboyant on the color choice).

yes I can read everything (using Google Chrome)
It was plenty fast for me.
Colors?  Yeah, sorta made my eyes hurt  ;D  Guess I'm a "black & white" sort of person (well, except when it comes to Zack's contact performances ..... ;)
Jean & Tux
Montana

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 04:19:15 PM »
Yeah it's pretty bright.   

Think I might swing over to a fruit related technology company and copy their design. 

LJKing

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 04:24:52 PM »
Yes, the color was a bit...shocking..when it first came up. I think I like the more muted purple on this list. But heck, it's fine. It came up quickly on Firefox, no problem.

What exactly is the "update" section going to be? Updates on rules?

Thanks!

Lynda
Lynda King

Chris on Mushtown Road

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 04:35:10 PM »
It was as fast as it needed to be, not sure if more information would slow it down?
Colors are a little intense but not hard to read.

Still looks like you are a genius though.

Chris in MN
Chris in MN
Maggie, Winn and DDare

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 04:42:30 PM »
I can read it fine and I LOVE the purple!
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

arlene

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 04:42:47 PM »
Chris, the update worked fine with my browser. The extreme hue difference was a little overwhelming for my old eyes but I could read everything clearly. Under the update you had 3 posts but they weren't supposed to do anything were they? I clicked on them but nothing happened so I assumed they had no function. You have been really busy with the Forum and now this. It reinforces the old adage- give a busy person the job if you want it done right. :) Arlene
Arlene

Shirlene Clark

• Judge
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 05:03:45 PM »
Good layout and loads fast.

I am with Jean though a little bright for my tired old eyes  ;)
Shirlene Clark
Australia

Jeanne Allen

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 05:05:33 PM »
Worked for me using Internet Explorer 9.  I could read everthing.  Like the purple, but a bit to dark for me!!!
Jeanne Allen and the Blue Dogs Gypsy and Jester
Boise, ID

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 05:15:20 PM »
Yes, the color was a bit...shocking..when it first came up. I think I like the more muted purple on this list. But heck, it's fine. It came up quickly on Firefox, no problem.

What exactly is the "update" section going to be? Updates on rules?

Thanks!

Lynda

It will be everything that people usually...Converse to us about saying it wasn't posted anywhere!

So if we don't make any kind of changes it will be a pretty blank page.

Then if someone quits NADAC for a few months and gets back into it, they could see what they missed in their hiatus and be up to speed.

So bonus dogs running first would be something.   I am sure there are others.

I will probably also add a 'proposed rule change' area for the stuff that has been announced but won't take effect until later years

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 05:16:37 PM »
Chris, the update worked fine with my browser. The extreme hue difference was a little overwhelming for my old eyes but I could read everything clearly. Under the update you had 3 posts but they weren't supposed to do anything were they? I clicked on them but nothing happened so I assumed they had no function. You have been really busy with the Forum and now this. It reinforces the old adage- give a busy person the job if you want it done right. :) Arlene

Yup they aren't supposed to do anything.    Just basic text.

Although that does give me an idea.   If we had a long discussion about something (bonus dogs running first for instance) I could link to it in there.

Shirley Wallace

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 06:06:43 PM »
Looks good to me and loaded very quickly on Safari.  I will admit, the colors are pretty intense, but I kind of like them!  8)  Need sunglasses!!!  I can hardly keep up with all the things you are doing for us.  Great job!   :)
Shirley
Shirley Wallace

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Owner/Trainer GotDog? LLC
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 06:25:10 PM »
I like the colors .... but I am kind of a "purple" lover!!   ;D  Looks great and an awesome concept!!   :-*
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 07:16:04 PM »
I made the colors a little lighter.

Just on the main page.

It's better.  But still pretty...purple

Shirlene Clark

• Judge