Author Topic: Feedback wanted. (Lord help me)  (Read 7782 times)

LeeAnne McAdam

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Feedback wanted. (Lord help me)
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »
It worked fine for me on my iPad so I am guessing it will be fine on the 'puter, too.  Great idea, love the way it looks and as an added bonus (for me), you make me laugh!  Thanks for all your hard work, Chris.
Lee Anne

Debbie Lean

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 08:04:24 PM »
Love the purple! No problems with speed or readability.
Debbie

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 08:41:57 PM »
Hey everybody,

I spent a few hours this morning getting an update section built.    I am looking for some basic feedback as to the layout, accessibility, and readability.

The important things I need to know are:

Can you read everything. (I went a little overkill on trying to make the 'updates' look good, so they have some special formatting that may not work in all browsers.  If that ends up being the case I will have to suck it up and use basic text instead)

Is it relatively fast.  (Again I used a lot of special windows trying to make it look snazzy.  If it totally kills the speed then I will have to eliminate some of it)

Do the colors make your eyes hurt.  (I was pretty flamboyant on the color choice).

I could read everything.

It was fast on IE 9 through my internet connection.

Flamboyant is a good word for the colors  :-* but I had no problem with it.

I don't want to be presumptuous, so are you looking for any other suggestions?
Sheila & the Shelties

Pam Kaye

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 08:45:46 PM »
I like it.

Fast, purple...

using Explorer.

Pam K
Pam Kaye
Cash, Cirrus and Flame
Sequim, WA

Mary Kapner

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 08:51:28 PM »
I loved the purple!  Beautiful on my I-Pad!
Mary Kapner
"Poodle This!"

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 08:53:34 PM »

Absolutely!

Much easier to make changes now while it's still in development :)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 09:33:09 PM »
I have made a few more improvements. 

*When you hover over a month it will now say 'No Updates' if there is nothing inside.
*Added a new page for future changes and another for past updates.
*Changed the colors a bit.  Still purple.  But not  :oPurple :-*     

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 10:13:49 PM »

Absolutely!

Much easier to make changes now while it's still in development :)

I was going to send these privately, but maybe others have comments or disagree with my thoughts:

I think some of the concerns people have is to be able to check one place quickly for updates or changes.

I would add a tab section containing the current rule book, and perhaps under that tab have the rule book for judges as well, so if people are interested in what judges use to judge the performance, they can look at it.

Instead of having a "past update" section and "future changes" section, I'd suggest having just have one update section. Changes would be listed chronologically by date, , i.e. current changes in effect first by date, and then future changes chronologically out to date in the future.   At the end of the description of current updates or changes (e.g." bonus lines run first"), add or highlight in red or other eye-popping way: Change currently in effect as of 00/00/0000) 

Any change to become effective in the future (such as dogs have to be entered as a veteran at 8 years of age), add another eye-popping highlighted comment like: Change will be effective on January 1, 2014.  That way people will only have one section to check for changes or updates.

At the same time, add the current or future change to the Rulebook as well, perhaps highlighted in red with effective date of change.  That way people could check only the update section if they were  interested in recent changes or future changes, or read the rulebook, yet be aware of recent change or changes to be made in the future.

After the change has become effective, and been in the update section for a year (or 6 months, or whatever you decide), move it over into appropriate month and year tab the change was made.  The rule book could perhaps keep the change highlighted in red another year or so with the effective date still present.  After another year, remove the highlighting and effective date and it now becomes a regular unhighlighted part of the rulebook.

It may not even be necessary to have the monthly tabs unless you wanted people to be able to check when a change became effective, and that would be hard to do if they were looking for a specific change, as they would have to search through all the months.

So my vision has tabs:Changes/Updates, Rulebooks, NADAC, NADAC FORUM and perhaps the monthly tabs if you want to keep all changes listed by month and year.

Just MY thoughts.
Sheila & the Shelties

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 10:58:57 PM »
I like it.

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 04:37:32 AM »
MUCH better!  All of us "old folks" thank you  :D

I made the colors a little lighter.

Just on the main page.

It's better.  But still pretty...purple
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Nancy H

• Stewie JRT-Agility Blog
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 07:13:53 AM »
Hi,

I tried it with Google Crome and Safari, and both looked great!!

thanks for all your hard work :D
Nancy and Skipper JRT

Debra Slattery

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 08:43:16 AM »
I really like the layout and love the rollover on the month buttons.  I was going to say maybe they could be a little smaller.  On my laptop I have to scroll to get to October, November, December.  But after reading Sheila's suggestions, I think I may like her update/change idea better.  Despite the fact that I like the look of the buttons, it would be easier to find changes if they're all on one page...
Debra

mymixkc

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 01:06:27 PM »
I really like the layout and love the rollover on the month buttons.  I was going to say maybe they could be a little smaller.  On my laptop I have to scroll to get to October, November, December.  But after reading Sheila's suggestions, I think I may like her update/change idea better.  Despite the fact that I like the look of the buttons, it would be easier to find changes if they're all on one page...

I was thinking the buttons could be smaller too = less scrolling, but agree that Sheila's suggestion might solve that issue... also thinking the "month" buttons could be changed to "years" and still be a useful resource.

Really nice changes happening!
Diane B
MN

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 05:20:41 PM »
Update version 1.2.1 is up now.

Still playing with colors a bit trying to get something to stand out without blaring in your face and making your eyes hurt.   The 'glow' effect really makes them stand out, but is even a little harsh on my eyes.

Fire away!

Jean Sather (McCreight)

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2012, 05:46:42 PM »
Update version 1.2.1 is up now.

Still playing with colors a bit trying to get something to stand out without blaring in your face and making your eyes hurt.   The 'glow' effect really makes them stand out, but is even a little harsh on my eyes.

Fire away!
The red on purple isn't as easy to read as the others but the rest are fine.  The important August 24 announcement is great!
Jean & Tux
Montana