Author Topic: Pre-Elite requrements  (Read 2439 times)

Jeanne Allen

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Pre-Elite requrements
« on: March 26, 2016, 01:25:11 PM »
The premium says the requirements for Pre-Elite are 100 points in Regular.  My question, can those points come from Intro, or do they have to be from Novice and/or Open?
Jeanne Allen and the Blue Dogs Gypsy and Jester
Boise, ID

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Re: Pre-Elite requrements
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 01:32:40 PM »
The premium says the requirements for Pre-Elite are 100 points in Regular.  My question, can those points come from Intro, or do they have to be from Novice and/or Open?

All points count.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Jeanne Allen

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 03:24:37 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply!  Just wanted to double check.  So that now means Jester is also qualified for Champs!  Now for me to make a decision on if I want to run both dogs at Champs.   
Boise, ID

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 03:26:36 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply!  Just wanted to double check.  So that now means Jester is also qualified for Champs!  Now for me to make a decision on if I want to run both dogs at Champs.   

So true!  But Jester is going to settle in this year and get solid for you!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Jeanne Allen

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 04:00:37 PM »
Thanks for the encouraging words on Jester.  He has come a long way, but there is still plenty of room for improvement.  If nothing else, maybe he could be some comic relief running in Champs!
Boise, ID

AgilityRocks!

• Freya's Studio Dog Collars
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 08:21:46 AM »
This is such an awesome option!  Sissy and I may come play at Champs then!  So cool! 8)
Bree Caldwell, Freya Dog, Sissy Girl, and Leonard H McCoy (in training)
Helena, MT

Julie MacLeod

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 03:56:11 PM »
Can any of the 100 regular points come from Elite?  Or should a Pre-Elite dog have 0 Elite Regular points? 

Thanks,

Julie MacLeod

Julie MacLeod
(& The All-Americans Chrisse, Tate and Connor)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 09:08:43 PM »
Can any of the 100 regular points come from Elite?  Or should a Pre-Elite dog have 0 Elite Regular points? 

Thanks,

Julie MacLeod

Yes, some points can come from Elite, but the dog should not earned over 100 points in Elite Regular.  Once they are over 100 in Elite, they need to enter Elite.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Julie MacLeod

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 10:10:26 AM »
Excellent, thanks!
Julie MacLeod
(& The All-Americans Chrisse, Tate and Connor)

Kyle

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 09:55:49 PM »

Yes, some points can come from Elite, but the dog should not earned over 100 points in Elite Regular.  Once they are over 100 in Elite, they need to enter Elite.

Sharon

Doesn't that seem a little, well, uh, not quite "Pre-Elite" to have up to 100 points in Elite Regular....??? Just wondering....

Thanks,
Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 10:30:16 PM »

Sharon

Doesn't that seem a little, well, uh, not quite "Pre-Elite" to have up to 100 points in Elite Regular....??? Just wondering....

Thanks,
Kyle

It has worked well that way in the past.  Last year we had no requirements and several dogs had NATCHes and beyond and entered Pre-Elite.  This year we will go back to our previous requirements of no more than 100 points in Elite.  In the past if a person enters Elite prior to the champs it happens in the month prior to the event, so they aren't very "experienced".  If they enter and already have 100 points in Elite, then they would have to go back to Open in order to stay eligible.

If the dog earns more Elite points after August 1, they will count towards their total Elite level earned points and the dog would be moved into Elite.  It worked for many, many years in the past so we will go back to our older requirements.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Vicki Storrs

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2016, 01:46:11 AM »
Just a general question about this "new" requirement for pre-elite (realize you have done it this way in the past but just not last year). The requirement you mention, no more than 100 Elite Regular points earned in order to be eligible for Pre-elite, is not noted anywhere on the premium. Since there is a different entry fee for the two classes, and since not everyone is as anal as I am about reading all the posts on the forum (:o) isn't there the risk that there will be people not aware of this requirement who may enter incorrectly with the wrong $s?  Maybe I'm just being a nosy worry wart, since it's not a problem that would affect me, but seems like it could potentially be a bit of a problem for the "NADAC office staff"... 
I know at least in my area last year there was a LOT of discussion about who could/should enter pre-elite, but "by the letter of the law" weren't any restrictions in the premium--and aren't this year either--so it became a personal decision. Which is fine, but I just see people reading the premium and making those same choices now, only for NADAC to have to inform them that their entry is incorrect and they need to send more money because of "unwritten" requirements.  A hassle for both sides...
Vicki
Vicki Storrs

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 02:32:01 AM »
Just a general question about this "new" requirement for pre-elite (realize you have done it this way in the past but just not last year). The requirement you mention, no more than 100 Elite Regular points earned in order to be eligible for Pre-elite, is not noted anywhere on the premium. Since there is a different entry fee for the two classes, and since not everyone is as anal as I am about reading all the posts on the forum (:o) isn't there the risk that there will be people not aware of this requirement who may enter incorrectly with the wrong $s?  Maybe I'm just being a nosy worry wart, since it's not a problem that would affect me, but seems like it could potentially be a bit of a problem for the "NADAC office staff"... 
I know at least in my area last year there was a LOT of discussion about who could/should enter pre-elite, but "by the letter of the law" weren't any restrictions in the premium--and aren't this year either--so it became a personal decision. Which is fine, but I just see people reading the premium and making those same choices now, only for NADAC to have to inform them that their entry is incorrect and they need to send more money because of "unwritten" requirements.  A hassle for both sides...
Vicki

Great input, Vicki!  I thought the updated premium was uploaded but I see that it isn't.  I will upload a new copy with those specifications.  Thanks so much for checking and giving great input!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

LexiBrigante

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 10:38:21 PM »
I do have a question about the requirements. You said that someone shouldn't get 100 reg Points in elite to compete in pre elite. However what if someone gets the 100 points in elite where they have been competing for awhile but can't get 2 Qs in even open chances. Would they be allowed to compete in pre elite. I am only asking because I have a student that does have 100 points in elite but doesn't even have 1 open chances Q. They would like to go to champs this year and I think pre elite would be more for their level.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 01:04:41 AM »
I do have a question about the requirements. You said that someone shouldn't get 100 reg Points in elite to compete in pre elite. However what if someone gets the 100 points in elite where they have been competing for awhile but can't get 2 Qs in even open chances. Would they be allowed to compete in pre elite. I am only asking because I have a student that does have 100 points in elite but doesn't even have 1 open chances Q. They would like to go to champs this year and I think pre elite would be more for their level.

Once they have more than 100 points in Elite Regular, they can't enter Pre-Elite.  They might be able to enter as second chance entries if the entry level isn't filled.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility