Author Topic: RV Parking for 2016 Championships  (Read 13789 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Re: RV Parking for 2016 Championships
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2016, 09:22:38 PM »
Just FYI - Mountain Shadows RV Park in Draper is the closest to the Champs location.  There aren't a lot of choices in this end of the valley.

It is a fairly typical RV park - not a lot of space for each site, but a nice big grassy area to walk dogs.
All the sites are fine. The ones near the front of the park are a bit too close to the interstate - think noise.  If I were going there, I'd ask about a site farther from the entrance.
But restrooms are clean, laundry is open 24/7, typical costs. There are a fair number of long-term residents, some of which feel so much at home that their dogs are sometimes off leash
(breaking park rules, but just be aware).

diane

Good info, Diane!  Thanks!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Greg Battaglia

• Judge
    • mdt/Agility Ability LLC
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2016, 02:09:53 PM »
Hi Group,
If you are renting an RV and have a paid reservation at Champs, please email me privately (gb@unr.edu), and let me know the day and time your RV is scheduled for delivery.
Thanks.
GregB
"Old Guys Rule"

Kathy Upton

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2016, 11:39:10 PM »
I may have failed to mention we wanted to be parked next to someone when we sent our parking reservation. We will be arriving together but if we're preassigned, should I let someone know that combo of RV's for assignments?
Kathy

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2016, 12:09:12 AM »
I may have failed to mention we wanted to be parked next to someone when we sent our parking reservation. We will be arriving together but if we're preassigned, should I let someone know that combo of RV's for assignments?
Kathy

Requests to be next to someone can't be made now.  All parking assignments have been made and people might have to walk over to visit friends instead of being next to each other if those requests weren't made at the time the first request was made.  We really can't be moving reservations around now after all placements have been made.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Kathy Upton

« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2016, 08:46:47 AM »
Any way to find out if Lisa Valentine or I noted it?

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2016, 10:57:03 AM »
Look back to Greg's post on 6/28 - attached is the current (last) list.

diane

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2016, 03:02:59 PM »
Any way to find out if Lisa Valentine or I noted it?

Yes, it is noted on the latest file.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Greg Battaglia

• Judge
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2016, 10:49:00 AM »
Hi Group,
Attached is the latest, as of today, paid RV reservation list for Champs.
Thanks.
GregB
"Old Guys Rule"

Verlynda

« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2016, 04:59:12 PM »
Hi, I am on the list for a space for my RV from Sept 27 - Oct 2 but would like to add Sept 26.  I will send payment for the added day.  I hope this wouldn't be a problem.
Thank you so much.  Verlynda

Greg Battaglia

• Judge
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2016, 11:50:34 AM »
Hi Verlynda,
Not a problem.  Make sure you've paid Sharon for the additional day.  Also, I will be publishing an arrival schedule for RV'rs in the next couple of weeks.  Please make sure you read it.  I will have folks scheduled to arrive at certain times on the 26th to prevent a "log jam" if all arrive at the same time.
Thanks.
GregB
"Old Guys Rule"

Greg Battaglia

• Judge
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2016, 09:54:56 AM »
Hi Folks,
Here's some VERY important info for you RV'rs.

We cannot occupy the RV Parking area until AFTER 11:00am on MONDAY.  Therefore, if you are renting an RV, you need to contact the place you are renting from, and tell them that they cannot deliver your RV until AFTER 11:00am on MONDAY.  If they deliver it before that time, it will be placed between the stall buildings and not moved.  In addition, you may not be able to hook up to electricity between the stall buildings.  Therefore, it is important that you contact your renter.

I have attached a Parking Plan with the earliest time that each group of RV's can be parked.  I will be directing you to your assigned parking spot as you arrive.  Please adhere to the schedule.  Early arrivals will be held at the very back of the parking area until it is their turn to park.

Please make sure to read the attachment all the way through to the end.  There is additional information there.

Once you are in your assigned spot, unhook your tow, or towed vehicle, and park it in the parking area to the east of the main roadway.  That will free up room for others to maneuver and park their RV's.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.  My personal email is gb@unr.edu.

Thanks for your cooperation.  I'm looking forward to a fun week.
GregB
"Old Guys Rule"

DebbieP

« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2016, 10:49:10 AM »
So just to clarify -  are you saying that it is most likely that AC will not work - or it definitely is a no-go? 

If it's the latter, I wished I'd known the limitations because even though the weather gets cooler by the end of September/beginning of October, the primary reason I'm renting an RV is to make my older epileptic dog comfortable and safe (heat can trigger a seizure) while I'm trialing the two younger ones.  Otherwise, she could be crated in the stalls with the same amount of relief.

--_Debbie Potter
Louisville KY
Dylan, Java Joe
Debbie in Louisville KY with
Dylan the BC and Java Joe the amped-up All American

Greg Battaglia

• Judge
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2016, 11:27:18 AM »
Hi Debbie,
I have yet to see an RV air conditioner that will run on 15-20 amps.  They pretty much require 30 amps minimum.  You might want to check with the company you're renting from, and ask them if their AC's will run on 15-20amps.  You might also ask them if they rent 3000 watt generators.  That's the minimum size you would need to run an AC.  We had someone two years ago that had to run their motorhome generator because their AC kept tripping out the breaker on the electric panel we connect to.
Thanks.
GregB
"Old Guys Rule"

DebbieP

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2016, 02:12:29 PM »
Thanks, Greg. I understand and I'll let you know what I find out, especially about RV delivery, in a couple of days.  I need to attend to a few other unexpected issues that are more immediate first.  Thanks.
---Debbie
Louisville KY
Debbie in Louisville KY with
Dylan the BC and Java Joe the amped-up All American

Marj Vincent

• Judge
  • Agility Gypsy
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2016, 02:31:50 PM »
Good job Greg!!!  Thanks for all your hard work so far!  See you at Champs!
Marj Vincent
Volt, Scotty & Java

Life's motto: "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!"