Author Topic: this years shirt logo for embroidery  (Read 4072 times)

Karen Birdsong

Re: this years shirt logo for embroidery
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 10:53:39 AM »
I really like the beehive as it give the feeling of a fun event.  I am not artistic at all; I leave that you Becca and others.  As for phrasing, perhaps....

2016 NADAC
    CHAMPIONSHIPS

Agility Elevated
     In South Jordon, UT
       Sept. 20 Oct 2

Not sure if the layout will come through on the forum post or not.

Karen Birdsong,
and the Aussie boys..TJ and Monte

Koralee

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 12:24:07 PM »
Maybe Sharon's "Buzi" should be the dog going around the barrel/beehive..... Buzi as a Bee?

Just a thought.
Koralee
Koralee

Rebecca Kriz

• portfolio
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 09:00:50 PM »
Maybe Sharon's "Buzi" should be the dog going around the barrel/beehive..... Buzi as a Bee?

Just a thought.
Koralee

The dog could be a smooth coated black and white dog if I find some smooth dog reference, haha.  At the moment I only have fluffy reference which makes it a harder to see what the body is doing.

I've attached some screen captures of my dog running around a barrel that I thought could work for the dog's pose.  I wanted to see if there were any in particular that jumped out at others.  There's also a few sketches based off some photos I found of another dog.

Another question: Should the dog be wearing a bee costume?  The idea makes me laugh, but might be a bit much.  I guess if I get opinions on that, it might help with the pose decision because I'd pick one that shows off the costume best.
Rebecca, Truly & Mud

cheyaut

• CheyAut Ranch
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 09:56:37 PM »
I like B best :)
Jessi Zamboni

Karen Birdsong

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 11:14:12 PM »
You may not need to draw the entire dog, just the front showing them round the barrel (bee hive).
Karen Birdsong,

Rebecca Kriz

• portfolio
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 11:29:32 PM »
You may not need to draw the entire dog, just the front showing them round the barrel (bee hive).

Something like this?  I really don't mind drawing the whole dog, but whatever looks best.
Rebecca, Truly & Mud

Karen Birdsong

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 12:02:32 AM »
Yes, maybe it's head turned a little more towards you.
Karen Birdsong,

Rebecca Kriz

• portfolio
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 10:24:05 PM »
Utah's current marketing slogan is "Life Elevated" with UTAH in the middle. We could always do "Agility Elevated" with the state outline.

Instead of the BC, we could put in Rebecca's dog going around the beehive in that spot.

Just playing with ideas too!

Lindsey

I just had some thoughts on this design.  One, I don't think I'd put the beehive dog on this.  I could do a different dog. Maybe in a jumping or leaping over the A-frame pose.  Something that makes you think 'elevated.' Two, are we allowed to use the official Utah logo?  I was thinking about it, and you could replace the "Utah" with "NADAC Championships." (Or maybe just "NADAC?")  Then the placement of the words would be the play on their logo, instead of using the actual artwork.  The idea of "NADAC Championships: Agility Elevated" is fun.  I'm still going to work on my beehive-barrel design (and think I'm going with 'Buzzing Around' for the tag line), but if a bunch of people like this idea way better, I'd love to a dog for it!

Edit: Added a really, really rough mock up.  I already had that drawing of Blue, so that's why it looks finished (for the most part.)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:41:21 PM by Rebecca Kriz »
Rebecca, Truly & Mud

Rebecca Kriz

• portfolio
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2016, 01:04:24 AM »
Being strangely productive at the moment.  Here's some photobashed rough drafts.  Typefaces and placement will change.  Also included some crummy sketches.  I was having a tough time with B, so I tried a couple others.  After screwing around with the layout, though, I thought B did feel best, but it could change with the drawing.

Question: Which NADAC staff member should I email with more technical shirt questions, like file types and what not?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 01:07:40 AM by Rebecca Kriz »
Rebecca, Truly & Mud

Lorrie Stelz

• My website
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2016, 04:33:16 AM »
JMO, I prefer the Agility Elevated with the state outline.  Most people aren't going to understand the beehive significance...  cute idea.  But, I prefer the Elevated design/idea.  :)
Lorrie Stelz

Kaiden: NATCH 10, VersNATCH 8 Tartan Bay More Than Meets The Eye MX MXJ MXF O-HP-E XBR-E IT HIC HOF
Tripp: NATCH 4, VersNATCH 3, All Around NATCH BB's Embrace The Journey HIT HIC HOF
& ret. Chaney: NATCH 8 VersNATCH 5 Wildblue Enchanted MX MXJ MJB MXF S-HP-E HOF

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2016, 08:22:57 AM »
Utah's current marketing slogan is "Life Elevated" with UTAH in the middle. We could always do "Agility Elevated" with the state outline.

Instead of the BC, we could put in Rebecca's dog going around the beehive in that spot.

Lindsey

I just had some thoughts on this design.  One, I don't think I'd put the beehive dog on this.  I could do a different dog. Maybe in a jumping or leaping over the A-frame pose.  Something that makes you think 'elevated.' Two, are we allowed to use the official Utah logo?  I was thinking about it, and you could replace the "Utah" with "NADAC Championships." (Or maybe just "NADAC?")  Then the placement of the words would be the play on their logo, instead of using the actual artwork.  The idea of "NADAC Championships: Agility Elevated" is fun.  I'm still going to work on my beehive-barrel design (and think I'm going with 'Buzzing Around' for the tag line), but if a bunch of people like this idea way better, I'd love to a dog for it!

Edit: Added a really, really rough mock up.  I already had that drawing of Blue, so that's why it looks finished (for the most part.)

I really like that!!!  Maybe make the Utah outline more prominent, so it is obviously "Utah"!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Karen Birdsong

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2016, 09:49:34 AM »
I like cutsey so I lean a bit more towards the beehive, but the state image is also good.  Perhaps Blue could have her mouth open....I think the might make it look like she is having more fun.  Just a thought and personal impression.

Your shelties are cute as are your generic dogs.
Karen Birdsong,

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2016, 11:45:31 AM »

Lindsey

I really, really like the Agility Elevated logo.  Seems so apropos for NADAC.  And agree with Sharon to make the Utah outline somehow stand out more.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 12:49:41 PM by Marcy Matties »
Marcy, Toby, Abby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

cheyaut

• CheyAut Ranch
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2016, 10:27:12 PM »
I think the beehive is adorable and fun as a barrel, but, I also agree, most people wouldn't understand it... I sure wouldn't have, if you hadn't explained it.

I like both ideas though.. So, whatever you do, I'm sure would be great :)
Jessi Zamboni

Lindsey Cooper

• Trial Secretary
    • Mountain Dog Sports
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 04:04:02 PM »
Update to the Agility Elevated design - UTAH replaced with NADAC and dog moved to top. State outline is bigger and is filled with a darker purple so it stands out more as the UT state shape.

Rebecca is working on a different dog for the top.

Lindsey