Author Topic: Qualifications for champs  (Read 1248 times)

Michelle Butler

Qualifications for champs
« on: May 04, 2016, 06:31:56 PM »
I wanted to find out if the current year requirements
can be earned in Open, if I chose to drop down to Open level Chances to finish earning S and Outstanding title. Can these be used to Qualify for Champs, current yr requirements.  I know it says from Open or Elite, but I wanted to check exactly what that meant.  I have one of my Mcnabs, Tootsie who just turned 12 yrs last month, I wanted to see if the 80 pts Regular and the 20pts each for Chances and Jumpers, can be earned by entering  Open level and finishing her S & Outstanding titles and also use them to qualify for the required Q's for 2016 Championships. 
michelle butler

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Re: Qualifications for champs
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:21:51 AM »
I wanted to find out if the current year requirements
can be earned in Open, if I chose to drop down to Open level Chances to finish earning S and Outstanding title. Can these be used to Qualify for Champs, current yr requirements.  I know it says from Open or Elite, but I wanted to check exactly what that meant.  I have one of my Mcnabs, Tootsie who just turned 12 yrs last month, I wanted to see if the 80 pts Regular and the 20pts each for Chances and Jumpers, can be earned by entering  Open level and finishing her S & Outstanding titles and also use them to qualify for the required Q's for 2016 Championships.

Current year is Aug. 1 2015 to Aug. 1 , 2016 so any Elite or Open points during that time period can be used.  As stated in the premium:

The term “current year” shall mean the term from August 1, 2015 to August 1, 2016.

Eligibility for the Regular Agility Class is as follows:
   Regular Agility, Elite level, Proficient/Skilled: at least 200 points must have been earned in the dog's lifetime.  These points may have come from any/all classes offered in NADAC, with the following requirements: 
1.   At least 80 points must have been earned be earned in the current year from the Regular Agility class at the Open or Elite level.
2.   At least 20 points must have been earned in the current year, at the Open or Elite level, in both Jumpers and Chances. 
3.   If a dog is over 7 on August 1, 2016, then they MUST enter the Veterans division.  If a dog is over 10 on the first day of the Championships, then they will be entered into the Double Digit division.
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Michelle Butler

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 07:52:57 AM »
Thank you, Sharon!
michelle butler

Lindsey Cooper

• Trial Secretary
    • Mountain Dog Sports
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 08:10:12 PM »
A few Colorado folks are looking and it looks like the requirement for 20 pts in touch-n-go, weavers and tunnelers in the current year is no longer a requirement. Is this new for champs this year?

I just assumed the core 6 classes were required as they were in the past years.

Lindsey

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 08:01:12 PM »
A few Colorado folks are looking and it looks like the requirement for 20 pts in touch-n-go, weavers and tunnelers in the current year is no longer a requirement. Is this new for champs this year?

I just assumed the core 6 classes were required as they were in the past years.

Lindsey

Weird, I thought they were listed.  One of the stakes requirements is missing too.  I will go check.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

agilityaddict2

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 03:24:36 PM »
So, are those 20 points needed in tunnelers touch and go and weavers. It is not and has not been listed in any communications about the requirements for champs. This does not affect me, I have them, but it seems this should be made very clear for those that may not have them. Could be a big problem for some.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 08:57:58 PM »
So, are those 20 points needed in tunnelers touch and go and weavers. It is not and has not been listed in any communications about the requirements for champs. This does not affect me, I have them, but it seems this should be made very clear for those that may not have them. Could be a big problem for some.

Anyone who knows me knows that I would not "up" the requirements at this time.  Those points were listed as needed, but somehow in the latest update it got changed.  I think a computer gremlin struck!!  But the printed premium does not list them and I would not change it with only six weeks left.

I don't think that the 20 points in each class should be an issue for a championships level dog, but just in case it is, we will leave it the way it is.  If a dog cannot earn those 20 points, then they will most likely have an issue on a course or two that focuses on those skills, so it all works out in the end.  But I have also seen dogs that can't hardly Q in a class like Touch N Go and then excel in the contact focus round at champs!

I wish that everyone would live every moment of their lives on the happy positive side of life, but now everyone does.

I do everything I can to support people and their dogs in their adventures in NADAC agility and I am not going to add stress a few weeks before entries close!!

We are there to have fun!!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Rebecca Kriz

• portfolio
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 09:54:16 PM »

Anyone who knows me knows that I would not "up" the requirements at this time.  Those points were listed as needed, but somehow in the latest update it got changed.  I think a computer gremlin struck!!  But the printed premium does not list them and I would not change it with only six weeks left.

I don't think that the 20 points in each class should be an issue for a championships level dog, but just in case it is, we will leave it the way it is.  If a dog cannot earn those 20 points, then they will most likely have an issue on a course or two that focuses on those skills, so it all works out in the end.  But I have also seen dogs that can't hardly Q in a class like Touch N Go and then excel in the contact focus round at champs!

I wish that everyone would live every moment of their lives on the happy positive side of life, but now everyone does.

I do everything I can to support people and their dogs in their adventures in NADAC agility and I am not going to add stress a few weeks before entries close!!

We are there to have fun!!!

Sharon

I feel weird not having the points in the special skills class, but my dog has been on a break for most of this qualifying period.  I haven't been entering her in special skills classes since we have started running again to avoid extra stress on her body.  Still debating whether or not I want to push her to do Champs this year, but I'm glad I don't have to worry about cramming in (a minimum of) 6 special skills runs to fully qualify.  Thanks Sharon!
Rebecca, Truly & Mud

agilityaddict2

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 03:04:47 PM »
Don't misunderstand, not trying to be negative, sorry if it sounded that way. Just trying to get clarification,this is all still pretty new to me.

Ktvialle

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 07:34:48 PM »
Can I please confirm that VT runs count for qualifying for Champs?  I believe I remember that 50% can be VT Qs. Is that correct?  And is that 50% of all Qs or 50% of each category?  We are trying to help a junior handler qualify and she needs two Chances Qs to finish her qualifying. Can they both be VT Qs since all her other Qs have been from trials or just one?  Thanks!  Karla Vialle

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 07:56:33 PM »
Don't misunderstand, not trying to be negative, sorry if it sounded that way. Just trying to get clarification,this is all still pretty new to me.

I understand and I am sorry I meant it to sound like you were negative!!  I answered as a general answer, but it came out as a response to your post... my error!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 07:57:24 PM »
Can I please confirm that VT runs count for qualifying for Champs?  I believe I remember that 50% can be VT Qs. Is that correct?  And is that 50% of all Qs or 50% of each category?  We are trying to help a junior handler qualify and she needs two Chances Qs to finish her qualifying. Can they both be VT Qs since all her other Qs have been from trials or just one?  Thanks!  Karla Vialle

Yes, VT counts the same as any other run.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Ktvialle

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 08:02:28 PM »
Thanks Sharon!!  So she can do both Chances with VT runs?

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2016, 10:12:45 PM »
Thanks Sharon!!  So she can do both Chances with VT runs?

Yep!  Good luck!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Ktvialle

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 04:02:30 AM »
Thank you!!