Author Topic: Groupings for the 2016 Championships  (Read 618 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Groupings for the 2016 Championships
« on: July 12, 2016, 10:01:40 PM »
Hi, entrants to this year's event!!  Even with three weeks left to entry closing date, we have a very good entry and we can make groupings for the event.

This year we will do it a little bit differently just to try to create a more equitable division amongst the entries.

Before when we did our splits based strictly upon the jump height, we can get quite a large range in the size of dogs competing against each other.   This year we will focus more on the same "size" of dog in the group, even if there are two jump heights involved between Proficient and Skilled.

For terminology I will discuss the groups of "X-Small, Small, Medium, and Large".

X-Small are dogs 11" and under or dogs with height exemptions that place them in the 11" and under group.

Small are dogs over 11" and up to and including 14" in height.

Medium are dogs over 14" and up to and including 18" in height.

Large are dogs over 18" tall.

Here are our groupings at this time:
Double Digit - Small dogs  (this includes one Proficient dog at 8" and the rest are at 4")

Double Digit - Medium dogs (all dogs are jumping 8")

Double Digit - Large dogs (this includes one Proficient dog at 16" and the rest are at 12")

Pre-Elite - X-Small and Small dogs  depending upon entries in the next three weeks, this could be split between X-Small and Small  (this group has one Proficient dog at 12", the rest at 8" and 4".)

Pre-Elite - Medium dogs  (this includes Skl-Std dogs at 12", one Pro-Vet dog at 12" and one Skl-VH dog at 8")

Pre-Elite - Large dogs (this group includes Skl-Vet dogs at 12", Skl-Std dogs at 16", and Pro-VH dogs at 16")
Standard division - X-small dogs (one Proficient dog at 8", the rest at 4")

Standard division - Small dogs (one Proficient dog at 12", the rest are Skilled at 8")

Standard division - Medium dogs (three Proficient dogs at 16", the rest are Skilled at 12")

Standard division - Large dogs (two Proficient dogs at 20", the rest are Skilled at 16")
Vet Dog/VH/JH - X-small (all dogs jumping 4")

Vet Dog/VH/JH - Small dogs (one Proficient dog at 8", the rest are Skilled at 4")

Vet Dog/VH/JH - Medium dogs (three Proficient dogs at 12", the rest are Skilled at 8"

Vet Dog/VH/JH - Large dogs (7 Proficient dogs at 16", the rest are Skilled at 12")
Challenge Stakes  (no height groupings as the dogs do not compete against each other)

Silver Stakes   (no height groupings as the dogs do not compete against each other)

Super Stakes    (no height groupings as the dogs do not compete against each other)

Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Dev Sperber, Jake, Lil, and Takoda

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
    • Art and Dog Blog
Re: Groupings for the 2016 Championships
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 05:36:55 AM »
WOW!  WOW!  WOW! says the handler of a 10.25" Vet dog...with a long back to boot. :)  One thing I really appreciate about you Sharon (and your team) is you are always up for reevaluating and trying new things in training, course design, and trial related issues like SCT, scoring methods and groupings at Champs. 

One more WOW! about groupings this year at Champs.    This saying just came to mind: "Change is inevitable.  Growth is optional."  Its not particularly relevant to this post but I personally love change and thrive on it, which is one of the reasons I love NADAC.

Dev and Lil

Dev Sperber, Jake, Lil and Takoda

Vicki Storrs

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 06:01:34 AM »
I'm not even going to be there and think this is great!
Vicki
Vicki Storrs

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 08:16:04 AM »
Sharon, thank you, thank you, thank you for making this change!  I know all the handlers who have dogs jumping 4" really appreciate the more equitable divisions.   I have a question - Cody, my Vet/skilled West Highland White Terrier, measures 12".  Does he get a breed exemption and therefore entered in the x-small category or would he be in the small?  I've never used the breed exemption before and not even sure the West Highland White Terrier is included.  Thanks, again!!!

Paulette
Paulette Couture
Cody (West Highland White Terrier): Triple All Around, NATCH 11, Vers NATCH 9, 10K Lifetime Points

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 08:23:05 AM »
The Westie is on the list for breed height exemptions.

http://www.nadac.com/Rules_for_NADAC_trials.htm#_NADAC_Jump_Height

I think this is a great change. I hope all goes well and we'll continue to see this type of equitable split in the future (since I'm not going this year ;) ).
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH2/NATCH3 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy & Jedi

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/