Author Topic: Championships courses  (Read 22926 times)

LexiBrigante

Re: Championships courses
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2016, 12:38:31 PM »
I love challenges and am up for anything. When I saw your first post my first thought was I should probably so my dogs s hoop circle I am sure once they see it once it will be no problem. Honestly even if they don't see it at all and then try it out in champs the worst they will do is probably just look at me a little confused and then go where I ask them to. However I see some people do not thing it is fair. I to am in an area where it has never been offered (if it was I would enter it). So yes some people like me could be at a disadvantage. However I don't go into any big event with the hope of just doing what I do every weekend I go in with the hope that I will be pushed and tested on the most challenging things so then if We win I know We earned it and if we don't win I know we tired our best. I do have a few things that might be considered to try to make everyone happy (that may not be possible).
1. If the circle is set up only have regular and pre elite go through it once so if it is faulted it is just one fault and the weekend isn't ruined. Then rhe stakes classes could go through it multiple times and show us how to do it.
2. In regular and pre elite use a distance line instead of the gates/xpens. Then it is still the same skill but not the fear of seeing the gates there. Then again stakes classes can have the gates.
3. Have no gates but the same set up of a circle so they handlers can choose to go into the circle of gates.
If you make X hoopers a requirement for a NATCH will you please make it requires for trials to have to offer it. And could you possible allow us that are already in elite working on NATCHs to skip novice and open if we want to? I am all for adding it but I really don't want to have to start from novice in that class when my dogs are close to a NATCH in all of the other classes.
Whatever you choose to do we will be ready and excited for it!!

Marsha01

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2016, 12:59:31 PM »
Do we just send an email to add to the xhoopers pre trial?  Thank you!

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2016, 01:15:47 PM »
Folks be sure to realize that just because a team is entered into Stakes, that does not make them "hoop circle" experts.  There will be multiple Stakes entrants that have never seen a hoop circle.  But they will be entrants that will enjoy the challenge of being pushed to a new limit!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2016, 01:17:22 PM »
If you make X hoopers a requirement for a NATCH will you please make it requires for trials to have to offer it. And could you possible allow us that are already in elite working on NATCHs to skip novice and open if we want to? I am all for adding it but I really don't want to have to start from novice in that class when my dogs are close to a NATCH in all of the other classes.
Whatever you choose to do we will be ready and excited for it!!

Good input and I would definitely consider that option if/when we are ready to add X-Hoopers.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2016, 01:19:24 PM »
Here is a sample of a hoop circle course that would be used at championships.

Sharon

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 09:36:12 AM by Sharon Nelson »
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Dheavner

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2016, 01:40:41 PM »
Thank you for the course, but isn't there some sort of barrier between the hoops?  Sorry Sharon....I am just clueless.  So therefore I actually don't even know what to train for Xhoopers?  Where do the Xpens go?

QQDonna

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2016, 01:44:06 PM »
Ditto.  Thanks for posting the course.  Can you provide a visual showing where the gates / x-pens come in to play?
Can you also post a X-hoopers course?  Also never seen it.

thanks,

Donna

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2016, 01:44:44 PM »
Thank you for the course, but isn't there some sort of barrier between the hoops?  Sorry Sharon....I am just clueless.  So therefore I actually don't even know what to train for Xhoopers?  Where do the Xpens go?

That is what the line is between the hoops and on the wings.  Those lines are x-pens.  They make the circle between the hoops and the line for the wings.  The handler is not to cross past the wings on either side.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

QQDonna

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2016, 01:49:11 PM »
Great.....I get it.    Is there any difference in the required skill for pre-elite?

For the record.....I'm totally excited about champs and can't wait!

Becky Wolfe

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2016, 01:51:08 PM »
I think that Champs should be the time were you go above and beyond a weekend trial to highlight skills and teams. Champs should be a time that teams rise to the challenge put before them with and attitude of "I can give it my best effort"  ( My 4th and 5th graders (with severe special needs) would call this a growth mindset.  I have enjoyed the past trials where the different courses focus on a different theme/challenge (jumps, contacts, weaves,etc).  I look forward to this new challenge/opportunity with my young pup on a xHooper embedded challenge in the course. 
My young team has seen 2 opportunities at the xhoopers courses (a year apart).  I know this summer we bombed both of the runs, but I look forward to the next month and working with him on some hoop sequences with some gates.  I am thankful that Sharon gave us a heads-up on letting us know about the Champs courses and I appreciate that opportunity.

So here we come Champs for all the fun embedded courses that we will see.  All I can say is that Team Herbie will give it our best shot.

Thanks again for the opportunity to practice.
Becky with Sonic, Tango, Nala and Herbie
NM

Dheavner

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2016, 02:08:24 PM »
Hey Sharon.....is that course you posted a typical XHoopers run?  Would that be considered Novice or Elite?  Is that like something we should expect at Champs?

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2016, 02:16:29 PM »
Do we just send an email to add to the xhoopers pre trial?  Thank you!

Yes.  nadacsharon@aol.com
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2016, 02:18:59 PM »
Hey Sharon.....is that course you posted a typical XHoopers run?  Would that be considered Novice or Elite?  Is that like something we should expect at Champs?

No it is not an X-Hoopers course.  On an X-hoopers course it is all hoops.

The course I posted would be an example of what to expect at Championships, so no level listed.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Dheavner

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2016, 02:24:44 PM »
Thank you Sharon! :)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2016, 02:52:03 PM »
Here is a set of typical weekend set of X-Hoopers courses.  The purple lines are x-pens.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility