Author Topic: Championships courses  (Read 22919 times)

NancyK

Re: Championships courses
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2016, 02:04:02 PM »
When I went to CHAMPS in 2015 and we saw the hoop barrel I was a little surprised as we had never seen/done that before and we did okay with it, however I would have preferred to have known about it beforehand so that I could at least have practiced my dogs with it even if just a few times.  I also understand that CHAMPS is a place to test everyone's handling abilities but think it only fair to be able to have the opportunity to know about and try these skills beforehand.  I will not be at CHAMPS this year but planning on going next year so will be sure that I will be practicing everything that is out there.  Still love NADAC not matter what :-D

Nancy

Kyle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2016, 02:13:05 PM »
I will drop the hoop circle round of the champs.  If anyone added it on and want to cancel those add ons, please email me privately and Becky can refund anyone's paypal payment if they added on any runs.

I really wanted everyone to have fun. 

I really appreciated all of the great input and good suggestions to a solution.  I am sorry that some of the sarcasm was posted by individuals.  That added nothing to a constructive discussion.  So we will end this discussion and move forward.  I am sure I can find other ways to challenge each team!

Sharon

I am very sorry for what I may have said. I apologize to Karissa and Audri especially.

Sincerely,
Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

Erin Wajda

• Judge
    • Northeast Agility Enthusiasts
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2016, 02:18:22 PM »
Perhaps you could add X-Hoopers and Barrelers courses to the VT program. That way people who live in areas that don't support those classes at trials would still have the chance to set and run them if they wanted.
Erin Wajda
Northeast Agility Enthusiasts
Sand Lake, NY

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2016, 02:20:27 PM »
Perhaps you could add X-Hoopers and Barrelers courses to the VT program. That way people who live in areas that don't support those classes at trials would still have the chance to set and run them if they wanted.

I did.  It was added today and courses will post this week on Thursday.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

LFuller

• Trial Secretary
  • Pathrunner Dogs
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2016, 02:22:49 PM »
I'm not sure I could be more disappointed!  I believe you had a wonderful idea in embedding the hoop circle in a regular course.  It was a great way to make us push ourselves.   Thanks Sharon for attempting to bring us something different for our Championship experience.  I know I'm not alone in saying that I was REALLY looking forward to the challenge. 
Linda Fuller

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2016, 02:31:56 PM »
I'm not sure I could be more disappointed!  I believe you had a wonderful idea in embedding the hoop circle in a regular course.  It was a great way to make us push ourselves.   Thanks Sharon for attempting to bring us something different for our Championship experience.  I know I'm not alone in saying that I was REALLY looking forward to the challenge.

I am going to offer "training titles" on the In-Sync list........ you can bet that will be one of the titles you can earn there!!  So stay happy!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Lynne Almeida

• Owner - Spellbinder Books
« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2016, 04:01:52 PM »
I absolutely second you, Linda Fuller ... I am feeling rather like a deflated balloon right now.  :(
work it ... own it ... believe it!

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2016, 04:20:59 PM »
Chris just suggested to me that we have a "Challenge" run on Tuesday that is an X-Hoopers course with "extra" equipment, like what we wanted to do.  I would definitely put up my own money to buy trophies for that!!  Just talking out loud.  I know that there are a lot of disappointed people right now that they don't get to support the X-Hoopers combo class and this could give them a chance to try it out!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Kyle

« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2016, 04:27:35 PM »
Chris just suggested to me that we have a "Challenge" run on Tuesday that is an X-Hoopers course with "extra" equipment, like what we wanted to do.  I would definitely put up my own money to buy trophies for that!!  Just talking out loud.  I know that there are a lot of disappointed people right now that they don't get to support the X-Hoopers combo class and this could give them a chance to try it out!

Sharon

Oh, that Chris Nelson, being smart again....  ;D  I won't be there on Tuesday but I'll be happy to help donate for a trophy! Whaddaya need??? (Maybe it could be some super special purpley thingie...???  ;)

-Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

Lynne Almeida

• Owner - Spellbinder Books
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2016, 04:34:50 PM »
Sign. Me. Up.  That would be the best!  Will chip in, too!  ;D
work it ... own it ... believe it!

Dheavner

« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2016, 04:43:39 PM »
I would definitely try that if I was going to be there that day!!!

cherhart

« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2016, 04:50:11 PM »
Oh man, I am so sorry that we will not get to do X-hoopers. I was really excited to have that as an emphasis. Like Kyle, I cannot get there for a Tuesday Challenge either, but I think it would be a great idea and I would donate for trophies too, especially if that means that it will put it on the map for championships next time. X-hoopers and hoopers are both great courses because they make me a better a handler, which makes us a better team. I hope that now that clubs know it is meant to be part of the lineup that they will begin to offer it more. I really hope it does not disappear!
cherhart

Dixie

« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2016, 05:01:44 PM »
Sign me up, will be FUN to do/try something different and also willing to give it a go with a bonus line down. 

Don't know if I will ever see another course like this so don't want to miss the opportunity!

I'll chip in for awards.... also.
Dixie

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2016, 05:02:33 PM »

Sharon

Could we do it on Wednesday instead? When more people will be there?   I had already signed up for 1 XHoopers on Wednesday and would love to add something like the Combo course to that as well.

Marcy, Toby, Abby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2016, 05:11:34 PM »

Sharon

Could we do it on Wednesday instead? When more people will be there?   I had already signed up for 1 XHoopers on Wednesday and would love to add something like the Combo course to that as well.

Wednesday is too full.  Can't add anything to it.    Maybe Thursday?????  And run a couple of the shorter faster courses on Thursday morning/afternoon??

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility