Author Topic: Championships courses  (Read 22909 times)

Murrelet Halterman

• Judge
Re: Championships courses
« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2016, 05:37:22 PM »
That would have been fun! Like others, I LOVED that EGC round at Champs when we did all EGC classes together - it was a RUSH! We will, of course, have lots of fun whatever the courses are.

Thanks, Murrelet, Tui, and Malko
Murrelet Halterman
Avian Researcher At Large

LeeAnne McAdam

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2016, 05:41:18 PM »
We would sign up and contribute to an X-Hoopers style run!
Lee Anne

momsbummer

« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2016, 05:43:50 PM »
We just worked our buns off constructing a "make shift" type of circle this weekend....actually came out kinda good and was fun....   bummer.   Maybe next time.
Stef Bowers

Rebecca Kriz

• portfolio
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2016, 05:49:37 PM »
I'm down for a combo challenge run!
Rebecca, Truly & Mud

Leanne

• Find what you love, and love what you do.
    • Youtube videos
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2016, 05:56:02 PM »
Combo challenge trophies should be crowns, 
You know circles of gold to represent the circle of fun

::) :D ;)
Leanne
Kent Island, MD

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2016, 06:14:20 PM »
We just worked our buns off constructing a "make shift" type of circle this weekend....actually came out kinda good and was fun....   bummer.   Maybe next time.

Video it!  We would love to see it and your efforts and creativity!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Becky Wolfe

« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2016, 06:20:41 PM »
Bummer.......I was looking forward to trying this course......

I guess I will just try to set up part of it instead...
Becky with Sonic, Tango, Nala and Herbie
NM

Murrelet Halterman

• Judge
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2016, 06:27:25 PM »
Combo challenge trophies should be crowns, 
You know circles of gold to represent the circle of fun

::) :D ;)

I see Burger King paper crowns - that would be fun! Or maybe Tiaras?

Sign me up! Woohoo! Anytime, Anywhere, I'll also contribute to awards.

Murrelet and her Hoop-Happy Hounds
Murrelet Halterman
Avian Researcher At Large

Lindsey Cooper

• Trial Secretary
    • Mountain Dog Sports
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2016, 06:38:58 PM »
If there is a combo class offered, I'd prefer to have it on Tuesday and not on Thursday. The champs days are long enough, even with the shorter courses. I know not as many people could make Tuesday, but team was already dropped to keep Thurs-Sun shorter, so I wouldn't want to see this added.

If a combo class is added on Tues, I'd enter with both dogs!

Lindsey

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2016, 06:39:51 PM »
Well, with the massive response privately we will try to do something with the X-hoop course.... not sure what yet, but people are way too eager to just drop it..... but nothing mandatory for anyone!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Mary Kapner

« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2016, 07:38:57 PM »
Will sign up and contribute, also.
Mary Kapner
"Poodle This!"

lorriemaxx

« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2016, 07:50:44 PM »
I have to admit, I was one of the people who has never seen a hoop circle and was a little intimidated, but after watching some videos, and having Sharon allow us to sign up for it on Wednesday, I was eager to give it a try (dog is currently injured and not allowed to practice before then).  So, I'm a little disappointed that we won't be seeing it after all.

An idea since so many people seem to be interested - what about making one of the X-hoopers rounds on Wednesday a combo class instead of "just" X-hoopers?  I know we can't add any, but maybe a change if it wouldn't rock the boat too much?

I'm one of the people who would be very willing to give up a couple of my other runs to shorten the day.  Two more classes was more than I really wanted to add anyway, but I thought I'd need the practice!
Lorrie,
NATCH-13, Versatility NATCH-9, 10K points, Platinum Speed Star Maxx (retired)
and
NATCH-4, Versatility NATCH-3 Flying Pixie Dust "Pixie"

nadacroadrunner

« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2016, 07:56:06 PM »
Great idea. I would gladly switch one of my X-hoopers runs for a Combo run on Wednesday.

Carol Riley

Wild Terriers

« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2016, 07:57:26 PM »
Ok - I love the idea of adding this run wherever we might be able to.  How about if you add another round on Thursday and people could opt to do it or not, so each of us, if we wanted would have 8 runs, instead of 7 and then the 7 highest scoring runs would count toward finals - it would sort of be like the year in Wyoming when we got a "mulligan"  . . . .  Or, would that be too much trouble scoring wise?  I sooooooooo want the chance to try this type of course, but I totally understand if this would create too much work.  I am also on board with adding a class on Tuesday if that's the only way it could work out and I too would certainly contribute whatever is needed to make this happen - time, money, enthusiasm, but not pasties Kyle - tee hee hee

Karen
Karen and the Wild Terriers

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2016, 08:09:21 PM »
Ok - I love the idea of adding this run wherever we might be able to.  How about if you add another round on Thursday and people could opt to do it or not, so each of us, if we wanted would have 8 runs, instead of 7 and then the 7 highest scoring runs would count toward finals - it would sort of be like the year in Wyoming when we got a "mulligan"  . . . .  Or, would that be too much trouble scoring wise?  I sooooooooo want the chance to try this type of course, but I totally understand if this would create too much work.  I am also on board with adding a class on Tuesday if that's the only way it could work out and I too would certainly contribute whatever is needed to make this happen - time, money, enthusiasm, but not pasties Kyle - tee hee hee

Karen

Good input, Karen.  Maybe a handler could pick round A (weavers) or round B (x-hoopers)........  that wouldn't work...... or offer it Thursday and the Thursday scores are the best 2 out of 3.  If people don't even want to try, then the other two rounds would obviously be their two rounds....... I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Or use it as a mulligan and drop any round from Thursday to Saturday, taking the best six rounds from Thurs-Fri-Sat......... don't know... but you give food for thought.  If a handler chose to not even run the weavers round, or contacts, or jumps or whatever, then that score would be used instead............ just rambling............ don't know..

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility