Author Topic: Championships courses  (Read 22755 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Re: Championships courses
« Reply #210 on: August 19, 2016, 10:15:28 PM »
I'll need another week. Never experienced this while hoop circle thing before, but I'm going to practice at Lindsey's house next weekend to give this whole hoop circle a go. Once I get a little practice, I'll have a better idea. My initial reaction is that it will all be fun and ok :)

Kristen and Dakota

I totally understand!  And either decision is fine!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Lisa Bonker In The Zone Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2016, 02:45:19 AM »
Just to be clear :)-- there will be a course at champs like the Xhoopers course you posted earlier.

We have the choice to do the Hoop Circle with Xpens and we will get Extra points if  we do it successfully.    I assume we will go in and out of the circle few times and each sequence in the hoop circle will be worth extra points.

For those NOT wanting to do hoop circle, the same course, no gates, no extra points.

Do I understand correctly???

Thanks
lisa
Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com
Agility and Conditioning Seminars/Online Training Classes

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2016, 07:44:42 AM »
Just to be clear :)-- there will be a course at champs like the Xhoopers course you posted earlier.

We have the choice to do the Hoop Circle with Xpens and we will get Extra points if  we do it successfully.    I assume we will go in and out of the circle few times and each sequence in the hoop circle will be worth extra points.

For those NOT wanting to do hoop circle, the same course, no gates, no extra points.

Thanks
lisa

Yes, exactly.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #213 on: August 20, 2016, 09:07:16 AM »

Thanks
lisa

Yes, exactly.

Sharon

One additional question - if one chooses to "try" the hoop circle, we would also be risking faults for possible off courses, right?
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #214 on: August 20, 2016, 09:11:50 AM »

One additional question - if one chooses to "try" the hoop circle, we would also be risking faults for possible off courses, right?
Linda

Yes, on any course, you risk the chance of off courses if your dog is not following the course as numbered.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Lorrie Stelz

• My website
« Reply #215 on: August 20, 2016, 04:44:23 PM »
If you know "for sure" that you would prefer an X-Hoopers course to either have the enclosed circle or not have the enclosed circle, let me know.  I know many people want to wait until after the Wednesday X-Hoopers run at the pre-champs runs, so there is no need to feel pressured right now.  But if you know for sure one way or the other that you do or you don't, I can start playing with the run orders for Friday so I split each group into those that want the circle enclosed and those that do not want the circle enclosed.  You can email me privately.  No pressure to have an answer right now.  Those that know for sure, let me know.

Ok... I'm confused. We have to make a decision whether we are going to run it or not beforehand?  I haven't had a chance to train anything like it yet (been busy working) and won't be running a "course" until Pre-trial...  I thought it was just in the course and if we decided to run it we run it, or not, we omit it.  So, this is something that has to be "verbalized" before our run?
Lorrie Stelz

Kaiden: NATCH 10, VersNATCH 8 Tartan Bay More Than Meets The Eye MX MXJ MXF O-HP-E XBR-E IT HIC HOF
Tripp: NATCH 4, VersNATCH 3, All Around NATCH BB's Embrace The Journey HIT HIC HOF
& ret. Chaney: NATCH 8 VersNATCH 5 Wildblue Enchanted MX MXJ MJB MXF S-HP-E HOF

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #216 on: August 20, 2016, 05:02:51 PM »
If you know "for sure" that you would prefer an X-Hoopers course to either have the enclosed circle or not have the enclosed circle, let me know.  I know many people want to wait until after the Wednesday X-Hoopers run at the pre-champs runs, so there is no need to feel pressured right now.  But if you know for sure one way or the other that you do or you don't, I can start playing with the run orders for Friday so I split each group into those that want the circle enclosed and those that do not want the circle enclosed.  You can email me privately.  No pressure to have an answer right now.  Those that know for sure, let me know.

Ok... I'm confused. We have to make a decision whether we are going to run it or not beforehand?  I haven't had a chance to train anything like it yet (been busy working) and won't be running a "course" until Pre-trial...  I thought it was just in the course and if we decided to run it we run it, or not, we omit it.  So, this is something that has to be "verbalized" before our run?

As I stated, you have until after the X-Hoopers runs on Wednesday to make your decision.  I am only asking that if you know "now" what your final choice will be, please let me know so I can get as much "up front" work done as possible.  When the course is set you will either run "with the circle enclosed" or "without the circle enclosed".  The sooner I know, the less last minute work I have to do.  But you have until Wednesday night to let me know.

There shouldn't be any confusion!  And yes, you have to tell me by Wednesday night, after X-Hoopers, and before you see the course set for champs.
Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Dev Sperber, Jake, Lil, and Takoda

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
    • Art and Dog Blog
« Reply #217 on: August 20, 2016, 05:12:52 PM »
To further complicate things... It is possible for me to switch one or both of Lil's Jumpers runs on Wed of the pretrial to X-hoopers?  I can't decide which she'd benefit more from but I may figure that out over the next few weeks.  Maybe one run in each class?  Or are pre-trial runs unchangeable at this point?  Dev and Lil
Dev Sperber, Jake, Lil and Takoda

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #218 on: August 20, 2016, 05:47:36 PM »
To further complicate things... It is possible for me to switch one or both of Lil's Jumpers runs on Wed of the pretrial to X-hoopers?  I can't decide which she'd benefit more from but I may figure that out over the next few weeks.  Maybe one run in each class?  Or are pre-trial runs unchangeable at this point?  Dev and Lil

Yes, just email me the changes.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Lindsey Cooper

• Trial Secretary
    • Mountain Dog Sports
« Reply #219 on: August 20, 2016, 06:33:29 PM »
Once everything is solidified as far as plans for running the course with ex-pens/without, etc. are you going to send an email to everyone entered and let them know the details? Diane and I have been trying to keep all our local CO/NM/UT people up to date since they don't have time to sift through every forum post to find the latest happenings (15 forum pages for this topic with lots of back and forth...), but I think if there was an email that went out to all the competitors summing it up and asking them to let you know their choice, that would work well.

I'll definitely run Trek with the ex-pens!

Lindsey

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2016, 03:07:14 PM »
I appreciate the early responses for far, that certainly helps with the work load.  I have about 1/3 of the competitor responses so far and so far it has been 100% with the hoop circle enclosed.

I might be able to work on the running orders for Friday if the trend continues, as it won't be a huge renumbering for those who want the hoop circle open.

If you know at this time that you definitely want it closed or you definitely want it open, please let me know.  I know that some won't make that decision until Wednesday at the pre-champs runs. 

Either choice is fine, it helps with the work load to know early!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

jrtsdoitall

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2016, 06:21:43 AM »
The sample course posted looks FUN!  We aren't going to Champs this year but I hope to again some year...dogs, finances, and working human legs willing! :)

I really liked x-hoopers when we had some x-games trials in the area (we don't now).  I will concur that the "x" classes aren't commonly seen at the trials in the area (MN). I wish they were but I also understand there are only so many runs that can be offered in a day, so many hours in a weekend to run, and clubs always have to do some choice making in what classes to offer. Perhaps if local exhibitors express an interest in seeing certain classes (WELL before premiums come out, too late then folks, way too late!) and they drum up others who want to see the class and WILL ENTER more clubs would offer them.

The other option, as has been pointed out, is to "force" clubs to offer something at least annually. Personally I'd rather not see the NADAC office having to play enforcer, and rather see exhibitors willing to try new things, try classes that are outside their comfort zone, and/or are harder for their particular team.

Laura and the Terrier-ists and a Skunkhound (in MN)
Laura Breckheimer (MN)
and the K9 Kids (Zak, REO, and Tommie)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2016, 09:07:07 AM »
The sample course posted looks FUN!  We aren't going to Champs this year but I hope to again some year...dogs, finances, and working human legs willing! :)

I really liked x-hoopers when we had some x-games trials in the area (we don't now).  I will concur that the "x" classes aren't commonly seen at the trials in the area (MN). I wish they were but I also understand there are only so many runs that can be offered in a day, so many hours in a weekend to run, and clubs always have to do some choice making in what classes to offer. Perhaps if local exhibitors express an interest in seeing certain classes (WELL before premiums come out, too late then folks, way too late!) and they drum up others who want to see the class and WILL ENTER more clubs would offer them.

The other option, as has been pointed out, is to "force" clubs to offer something at least annually. Personally I'd rather not see the NADAC office having to play enforcer, and rather see exhibitors willing to try new things, try classes that are outside their comfort zone, and/or are harder for their particular team.

Laura and the Terrier-ists and a Skunkhound (in MN)

Good input, thanks!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

cheyaut

• CheyAut Ranch
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2016, 02:02:36 AM »
I love X Hoopers, so I would definitely want to run WITH it! :D

Jessi and Dash'l
Jessi Zamboni

Anne Etherton

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2016, 03:22:35 PM »
Sara and I want to try it with the pens.  13-01111.

Anne
Anne