Author Topic: Championships courses  (Read 22803 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Re: Championships courses
« Reply #255 on: August 26, 2016, 12:39:53 PM »
Please stop and reflect and know that you earned your way to the 2016 NADAC Championships because you are THAT GOOD and because you will proudly walk to the start line each time, knowing you have the best dog ever!

Good luck everyone.  We'll see you in Utah

Becky.

Sorry you won't be at Champs this year Becky !!! Just wanted to say thanks for the above words of encouragement.  Made me reflect and even brought a few tears..yep we each have the best dog ever !!!
Donna and Gracie

Becky will be there working......... but won't have a dog to walk to the start line with......... and that is the sad part.  Not wanting to win, not needing to beat anyone, but just the joy of having a partner to walk to the line with.  But we all know that Becky will be cheering on every competitor that has a partner to step up to the line with!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

agilityaddict2

« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2016, 09:27:43 AM »
I am very confused about the hoopers thing for champs. (Granted, I am easily confused) if champs is time plus faults,I assume that means the lowest score wins and so on down the line. So if you complete the hoop circle with the pens and you get bonus points, are you really getting those points deducted so you have a lower score? Also how many  bonus points  are we talking here? And lastly, I thought I read we could decide this at champs by Wednesday night. The email I received made it sound like that is no longer true. Sorry, but just looking for clarification.
Beverly

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #257 on: August 28, 2016, 09:59:01 AM »
I am very confused about the hoopers thing for champs. (Granted, I am easily confused) if champs is time plus faults,I assume that means the lowest score wins and so on down the line. So if you complete the hoop circle with the pens and you get bonus points, are you really getting those points deducted so you have a lower score? Also how many  bonus points  are we talking here? And lastly, I thought I read we could decide this at champs by Wednesday night. The email I received made it sound like that is no longer true. Sorry, but just looking for clarification.
Beverly

All scores start with a base number, such as 150.  Time plus faults is deducted from that base number and bonus is added in.  You want the highest score possible.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2016, 10:01:38 AM »
And lastly, I thought I read we could decide this at champs by Wednesday night. The email I received made it sound like that is no longer true. Sorry, but just looking for clarification.
Beverly

The email for those who had not responded did not imply that you couldn't wait until Wednesday.  It just wants an answer.  That answer could be "with pens", or "without pens" or "I will know on Wednesday" or "I will know tomorrow".  It just asks for a response......... and I am still looking for a response of some kind from 60 people.  Total silence does help me plan running orders.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

agilityaddict2

« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2016, 10:15:17 AM »
Well that certainly makes sense to me now. I didn't know that. Thanks. Also, I will respond to the email right away then.
Beverly

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2016, 10:39:36 AM »
Well that certainly makes sense to me now. I didn't know that. Thanks. Also, I will respond to the email right away then.
Beverly

Thanks, Beverly!

If I know who is waiting until a later date and who just isn't answering it helps!!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon, AZ

« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2016, 12:47:38 PM »
Beverly

All scores start with a base number, such as 150.  Time plus faults is deducted from that base number and bonus is added in.  You want the highest score possible.

Sharon

Great info for us newbies, thanks, Sharon.  By far the majority of competitors are running with the gates, is that correct?  Sharon, AZ

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2016, 12:56:40 PM »

By far the majority of competitors are running with the gates, is that correct?  Sharon, AZ

Yes, but it is also fine if one chooses not to.  We have 9 running without, 16 who have responded but haven't decided yet, 202 that are running with an enclosed circle, and 48 that haven't responded with anything yet.  Any choice is fine, I just have to make sure that the running order keeps the right groups together so we only make one change of pens.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Wild Terriers

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »
Thank you Sharon for doing all of this extra work to make this happen - I am sooooooo happy to get the chance to try this combo round.

Karen
Karen and the Wild Terriers

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Hoop circle challenges
« Reply #264 on: August 29, 2016, 08:46:09 AM »
Hi, group.
   Some people preparing for the hoop circle in champs this year have been working on some seriously tough sequences!  Since this is the first year being used, the challenges won't be beyond Novice challenges.  Next year we will use Open level challenges and in 2018 we will use any level sequence!  For this year there won't be any sends straight through the X pattern away from the handler.  Each wing will be used once and the two bottom hoops will be used in sequence.  The dogs will enter the hoop circle either two or three times and each test will be worth 5 points.
  If you want to practice sequences, practice doing the two hoops at the bottom followed by a wing sequence.  In the champs runs, the two hoops at the top will not be used in a sequence.

Good luck to everyone and don't stress over tough sequences being a part of the hoop circle!  There will be tough sequences elsewhere!!

Have fun and enjoy your dog and your journey!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #265 on: August 29, 2016, 09:37:22 AM »
Here is an updated hoop circle course for champs.

Sharon

Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Murrelet Halterman

• Judge
« Reply #266 on: August 29, 2016, 09:50:34 AM »
That looks so fun!!!!

Murrelet, Tui, and Malko
Murrelet Halterman
Avian Researcher At Large

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
Re: Hoop circle challenges
« Reply #267 on: August 29, 2016, 10:23:42 AM »
Hi, group.
   Some people preparing for the hoop circle in champs this year have been working on some seriously tough sequences!  Since this is the first year being used, the challenges won't be beyond Novice challenges.  Next year we will use Open level challenges and in 2018 we will use any level sequence!  For this year there won't be any sends straight through the X pattern away from the handler.  Each wing will be used once and the two bottom hoops will be used in sequence.  The dogs will enter the hoop circle either two or three times and each test will be worth 5 points.
  If you want to practice sequences, practice doing the two hoops at the bottom followed by a wing sequence.  In the champs runs, the two hoops at the top will not be used in a sequence.

Good luck to everyone and don't stress over tough sequences being a part of the hoop circle!  There will be tough sequences elsewhere!!

Have fun and enjoy your dog and your journey!

Sharon
Thank you so much for this clarification!  Even Lela can do this.  I'm in!
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

bettyj.carter

« Reply #268 on: August 29, 2016, 02:46:47 PM »
Oh my!! I'm going to have to stop reading these posts....I get soooo excited I cannot get anything done!! Come on Champs!!

Lynne Almeida

• Owner - Spellbinder Books
« Reply #269 on: August 29, 2016, 08:21:30 PM »
I really like how the hoop circle is truly integrated into the course on that latest sample ... this is going to be FUN!!
work it ... own it ... believe it!