Author Topic: Internet?  (Read 699 times)

Tabathalynn

Internet?
« on: May 29, 2017, 06:23:33 AM »
So sorry if I've missed the answer to this somewhere, but will there be wifi at the championships location? I'm in grad school and will need access to finish papers, tests and the like. My hotel has wifi, but from what I've heard the days at Champs are long so I'd like to be able to work on things in the downtime at the arena and leave my hotel for sleeping. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed and Dino

Re: Internet?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 11:43:13 AM »
I remember Chris saying the bandwidth at the location was not good, streaming of the event was unlikely to happen.

That being said, I would not count on there being WiFi at the venue.

Perhaps you can tether to your cellphone or use a hotspot but I would not count on any decent public wifi at the location.
Ed & Dino (At the Bridge)
Morristown, NJ

Tabathalynn

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 12:37:05 PM »
That's a huge huge bummer. I can't not have access if I want to pass my classes. That being said, if anyone has internet/hotspots that they are bringing with them I will pay you to use it. Please let me know. Thanks

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 02:38:43 PM »
Sadly we won't be able to guarantee 'good' internet.

The site has WiFi, but it's satellite internet, so if everyone gets on it at one time it will be a snail pace.

We're looking into getting a second satellite internet dish brought out, and having access that way.   Then we could just ask for a small donation from anyone who uses it to cover that cost.

Tabathalynn

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 03:54:47 PM »
Thank you. That would be great and I would definitely pitch in. Keep us updated :)

MichelleWhall

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 10:03:41 AM »
Tabatha.....i will have wifi with me

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 04:23:50 PM »
Sadly we won't be able to guarantee 'good' internet.

The site has WiFi, but it's satellite internet, so if everyone gets on it at one time it will be a snail pace.

We're looking into getting a second satellite internet dish brought out, and having access that way.   Then we could just ask for a small donation from anyone who uses it to cover that cost.

I would definitely contribute to this if you brought it out.
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso