Author Topic: Crating reservations  (Read 5145 times)

Lindsey Cooper

• Trial Secretary
    • Mountain Dog Sports
Crating reservations
« on: March 12, 2018, 08:36:29 AM »
A few of us are wondering how the crating reservations is going to work for Gillette? In the past it's always been first come first serve.
Also - are there stalls available for rent somewhere near by? I had someone ask me about that.

Can you please enlighten us on how it is going to work this year?

Thank you!
Lindsey
www.mountaindogsports.com

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: Crating reservations
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 10:46:40 AM »
We're going to do a online reservation system, similar to what we did last year in Ohio.

So still essentially first come first serve, but instead of having people climbing over each other at the event, we'll do it online.

There will be a select few spaces that will be kept reserved for handicapped handlers or crew members.

There won't be any stalls available this year, as there just aren't any at the facility :)

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 01:41:56 PM »
Just curious - will you have a lay-out like you did for Ohio or will it be just a reservation and then find a space when one gets there.  If I remember correctly, there is a huge area, so space shouldn't be an issue.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 02:16:11 PM »
We値l have a tape layout like we did in Ohio :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billie Rosen

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 05:01:51 PM »
We are expecting a pretty big group from Jumping Chollas in Phoenix.  Will we be able to reserve a larger space as a group?
Billie Rosen, Phoenix, AZ    agilek9s@phopaws.org
MACH 7 Klev池 (Border Terr) CDX RE MXS2 MJG2 NAP NJP MXF MFG TQX T2B5 ME CA/NADAC NATCH 30 VERS.NATCH 22/USDAA LAA-GOLD ADCH PDCH-Silver/ NW3
Truk地  (Border Ter) CA,AX,AXJ,XF,SE,NATCH, V-NATCH 2/ AD/ NW3/SCA,SIA,SEA,SBA,SHDN
Kix puppy in training

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 05:11:28 PM »
We are expecting a pretty big group from Jumping Chollas in Phoenix.  Will we be able to reserve a larger space as a group?

Yup we値l do the group crafting areas again.

Lynn Saunders

• Trial Secretary
  • Karosel Sheltie 3-Pack
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 05:25:57 PM »
How will a club be able to reserve a group crating area? I suppose that will be clear in the online reservation area? It is looking like Ready 2 Run could have a large contingent.

Thanks!
Lynn Saunders
Lynn Saunders
Truckee, CA
Where the Stars Shine Brighter...

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 06:41:39 PM »
It is a first come first serve deal.

But when it opens up it will have the option of reserving multiple spots.   Just please don稚 reserve more than you need,   We has to revoke a few last year because groups reserved 6 spots for something like 7 club members,  which isn稚 a great use of space :)

The group creating areas are 10x20 and the individual crating is 10x10

Karen Birdsong

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 11:31:27 AM »
Sounds like a nicer, more organized system.

Southern California will have a large group wishing to crate together again this year.     8)
Karen Birdsong,
and the Aussie boys.. Monte and Lake.

Kyle

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 06:33:38 AM »
Last time I was in Gillette for Champs it was made crystal clear that the crating area would be a place of quiet and rest for our dogs (and us  :)).  I remember that noisy dogs would be in a certain area so it could be quiet in the main crating area. It was soooo nice to relax and our dogs relaxed too. In that big room we could actually have quiet conversations without having to yell - that hasn't always been possible in the barns in Utah. Is that going to be possible again in Wyoming, having a quiet space to crate?

Thanks,
Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 07:02:58 AM »
We値l do our best!

Kyle

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 07:55:31 AM »
We値l do our best!

On behalf of me and my dogs - Thank You!!!!  ;D

-Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

MoabDiane

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 10:27:34 AM »
OK, call me dense (you have before!) AND confused!  I'm sure you have this all figured it out, but I haven't - so, please help?

"First-come, first-served" and "reservations" seem contradictory to me.

Is the first-come part just that:  if you make your reservation early, you'll have a better chance of getting one??  (but there's almost unlimited space there, so that doesn't make sense to me)

Is the reservation just that you have *A* space, any space, somewhere in that room - and if you get there early enough, you'll get to pick WHERE that space is?

Seems like a res is a res, and if I made an individual res, I'd have an assigned individual space.  But no?

And I offered to make some group reservations for some of the CO/NM/SD folks, so another question:  can an individual make reservations for individual spaces AND group spaces?  (The latter might be more space-efficient for everyone!)

Thank you from the cob-webbed brain, who is really looking forward to Gillette!

diane

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 11:00:28 AM »
You're all good, I could have worded it better :)

It's first come first served in regards to making the reservation online.    Since we aren't charging for them, it's 100% guaranteed that the closest spots will get reserved first when the page gets opened up.    So that is what I was referring to.

Whichever spot you reserve online is where you will be when you get there.  Same as we did in Ohio.

One person can make reservations for multiple areas.    We will just end up following up with those people to make sure the reservation is needed.   We had to revoke a couple last year when folks reserved three 10x20 spots for something like 4 people.   Which was pretty excessive :)
So long as the number of spots you reserve logically matches the number of people in them you will be all good.

Amy McGovern

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 01:53:07 PM »
Anyone from OK or KS planning a group area for reservations?
Amy and the schnauzers