Author Topic: Crating reservations  (Read 6183 times)

Kristen.gates620

Re: Crating reservations
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 03:11:39 PM »
Adding to Diane's questions.....when we (well, Diane in our case) make/s the reservation, you said that the close spots will likely fill first (beyond the worker/handicap area). Does that mean there will be a map posted and we get to pick the (available) spots? I'm envisioning something like choosing seats in an arena for events.

Like Diane said, I'm sure you have it all squared away, but our group is just trying to sort it all out!

Thanks for all you do!

Kristen and Dakota
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 03:13:15 PM by Kristen.gates620 »

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 08:33:26 PM »
Adding to Diane's questions.....when we (well, Diane in our case) make/s the reservation, you said that the close spots will likely fill first (beyond the worker/handicap area). Does that mean there will be a map posted and we get to pick the (available) spots? I'm envisioning something like choosing seats in an arena for events.

Like Diane said, I'm sure you have it all squared away, but our group is just trying to sort it all out!

Thanks for all you do!

Kristen and Dakota

Exactly as you’re imagining it.

There will be a map with each space numbered,  you choose the spaces you want and hit submit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

choopagirl87

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2018, 11:35:48 AM »
I can't find the link for the crating area reservation. If anyone could help me it would be very appreciated.

Sandi Leonard

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 11:41:49 AM »
Amy, we'll be there, both whippets.  Have NO idea what I'm doing as I've never been to Champs before!  So this whole crating reservation thing confuses me.  If we DON"T reserve space, does that mean we won't get one?  Or we just get to pick one if we DO?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2018, 12:07:50 PM »
I can't find the link for the crating area reservation. If anyone could help me it would be very appreciated.
It’s not up yet :
It will open up on the 10th.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2018, 12:08:45 PM »
Amy, we'll be there, both whippets.  Have NO idea what I'm doing as I've never been to Champs before!  So this whole crating reservation thing confuses me.  If we DON"T reserve space, does that mean we won't get one?  Or we just get to pick one if we DO?

You will want to reserve a spot if you want to be anywhere close to the front of the building.   Basically all the spots that aren’t reserved will become the ‘open’ spots,  but they are going to be farther away

mstomel

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2018, 12:22:23 PM »
This is just for your set up right? But you would have well-in-advance knowledge of when you are suppose to run so being farther away wont be too big of a disadvantage? I've never been. I'm toying with the idea of going but am not ready to to financially commit. I know you said that you wouldn't expect the event to fill till around June-ish so If I wait till just before then to sign up and get a crating reservation it wont be a major issue right? It's not like I have a group or people so it would just put me farther from the ring?

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2018, 01:21:19 PM »
This is just for your set up right? But you would have well-in-advance knowledge of when you are suppose to run so being farther away wont be too big of a disadvantage? I've never been. I'm toying with the idea of going but am not ready to to financially commit. I know you said that you wouldn't expect the event to fill till around June-ish so If I wait till just before then to sign up and get a crating reservation it wont be a major issue right? It's not like I have a group or people so it would just put me farther from the ring?

Correct in assuming you will know when you're supposed to run.  Being closer just means you don't have to walk back and forth as much to see what's going on and when you might be up.  But last year they were also announcing dogs and their run order #s so if you were listening and paying attention you could gauge from that when you needed to head into the main arena.
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2018, 02:11:51 PM »

Correct!

Being far away isn’t really a negative thing.   At most we’re only talking a difference of maybe 300 feet as well.

And you’ll definitely know exactly when you’re going to be running,  so time to walk up shouldn’t be a factor

cherhart

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2018, 07:12:21 PM »
Is there a link for reserving a crating spot for champs yet? Also what date and time will this all begin?

Thanks,
Cheryl
cherhart

Lynn Saunders

• Trial Secretary
  • Karosel Sheltie 3-Pack
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 07:29:51 PM »
Ready 2 Run will have a large contingent that would like to reserve a large group spot. Am I to assume for 1 person with 1 dog (or two dogs sharing one ex pen) we should reserve one 10x10 spot? And if someone is bringing two large dogs -- thereby two ex pens -- we should reserve one 10x20 spot?

We have 30 people and 40 dogs we are hoping can crate together!! We are ready to reserve at 10:00am tomorrow for the whole group!

Thanks for any heads up info!

Lynn Saunders
Lynn Saunders
Truckee, CA
Where the Stars Shine Brighter...

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 07:40:07 PM »
A good rule of thumb from last year was 4 dogs to a 10x20 spot was pretty good.   We’re going to have about 48 group spots to start with.  If they fill up too quick then we’ll create some more. 

hawksnestMT

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2018, 12:25:56 PM »
I see crating reservations available for #1-12  but not for 13-24 (individual)-can you explain?

Karen Birdsong

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2018, 01:15:16 PM »
Since Group was full within the first 5 minutes I created a group in the individual area..  I'm not sure I did it correctly.    Each number, such as A-5 and B-7 are 10x010 areas?  Each light shaded box, such as A-5 through A-12 would have 8 10x10 set ups in it.  Is that correct?   Seems the building is not long enough for the 20 Sections (A-T) that is in the individual crating area.   
Karen Birdsong,
and the Aussie boys.. Monte and Lake.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2018, 01:40:54 PM »
It’s definitely big enough :)

And yes I believe you have the crating all figured out in regards to where the spaces lay out