Author Topic: Entry  (Read 2982 times)

hawksnestMT

Entry
« on: March 15, 2018, 01:03:48 PM »
How often does the Championship entry fill?  Is there a maximum number accepted in Elite vs Pre-Elite?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: Entry
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 01:08:24 PM »
In past years we have limited it to 250 dogs through both elite and pre elite.

We typically over fill since folks inevitably cancel before the event.   So we ended up with 253 dogs this last year.

The good news for this year is that weíre raising the entry limit to 300 dogs because weíve managed to work out a way to run two rings at the same time.   

So the shorter answer is that it is likely to fill, so itís probably better to enter sooner rather then later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynne Almeida

• Trial Secretary
    • Owner - Spellbinder Books
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 08:27:35 AM »
It also sounds like that will make for a more 'compact' day - which is news I like to hear!  :D
work it ... own it ... believe it!

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 09:33:02 AM »
It also sounds like that will make for a more 'compact' day - which is news I like to hear!  :D
Yeah based off running times last year it would have made the days about 3 hours shorter.   Which would be pretty cool :)

hawksnestMT

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 09:36:34 AM »
Sorry to bug you again with another question.  I thought I had come across this somewhere else, but could not find it again.  I have 2  dogs that are really close to qualifying  (one of whom recieved the inadvertent 2nd chance entry qualification email) with 2 weekends of trials coming up soon.  I recall that what I read said that you could enter if you were close to qualifying.  Is this correct?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 09:49:03 AM »
You would be safe to do that.   On August 1st we check everyone who entered to make sure they met the qualifications needed,   If they didnít we switch them over to second chance.

Itís really just a formality that matters if we fill,  in which case the people who met all the qualifications would get priority

Dheavner

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 06:06:12 AM »
Is the entry form somewhere for Champs?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 06:08:59 AM »
Is the entry form somewhere for Champs?
Not yet.

Entries open on March 20th and a online form will be available from the Championships page on the website

hawksnestMT

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 10:13:46 AM »
How quickly does the entry usually fill?  For this year, if an entry is sent by mid April, what is the likelihood of it being full?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 12:26:55 PM »
Mid April is pretty unlikely :).  End of July would be pushing your luck a bit

hawksnestMT

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 07:32:17 PM »
Are all entries done on the website with a VISA #?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 04:58:16 AM »
It's highly preferred because it's much easier to handle full and partial refunds through Square (the card processing company we use).

But, I can make exceptions if you would prefer not to use that service and it's completely understandable.   Just shoot me an email and we can work it out :)

Support@nadac.com

Randy Thomsen

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 03:59:20 PM »
Chris....I'm new to Champs...At this time I need three (3) more Chances to qualify.  If I send in my entry now and for some strange reason don't get the required chances "Q's" can I get a full refund?

Thanks,
Randy

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2018, 05:17:58 AM »
Chris....I'm new to Champs...At this time I need three (3) more Chances to qualify.  If I send in my entry now and for some strange reason don't get the required chances "Q's" can I get a full refund?

Thanks,
Randy
Hey Randy,

Absolutely!

Karen Birdsong

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2018, 07:09:55 PM »
  Who do we email if there is an error on the Champs entry?  So sorry!!

The little calendar that pops up when I was trying to enter Monte's, 11-04118, date of birth would not get out of the way.  I typed in the correct date... 10/17/2010.... but it ended up posting today month and date, 03-31-2010.    Sorry, I'm very computer challenged.
Karen Birdsong,
and the Aussie boys.. Monte and Lake.