Author Topic: Double Digit Group  (Read 2148 times)

Lynne Almeida

• Trial Secretary
    • Owner - Spellbinder Books
Double Digit Group
« on: April 19, 2018, 10:42:25 PM »
I couldn't find the thread talking about 2 rings, and that Elite will be in one and Pre-Elite, the other - where this question properly belongs.

With any luck Willow and I will be able to enjoy one more Champs experience, this time as a double-digit team.  Will the DD Dogs be running the same course/in the same ring as the Pre-Elites?

Cheers,
-la
work it ... own it ... believe it!

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: Double Digit Group
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 12:32:34 PM »
Correct!

DD does use the same pre elite course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynne Almeida

• Trial Secretary
    • Owner - Spellbinder Books
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 09:09:32 PM »
Cool, I'm really looking forward to the two-ring format!
work it ... own it ... believe it!

RobertStewart

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 09:08:45 AM »
I was wondering the same thing.

That's a great efficient use of times and judges!
Robert Stewart

NATCH-12, V-NATCH-10, AA-NATCH-2, MACH-2, PACH, ADCH/LAA, Platinum, PDCH-Bronze, VVD  Rocket Man

NATCH-2 Sidheag, MXP2, MXJP2,  MFP, APD

Wynndzor, NCC, NAC, TGN, S-TN-E, O-WV-O, AX, AXJ, AXF,

At the Bridge
NATCH-4  Ellie aka Mama Ellie
NATCH-4  Misty Leigh
NATCH-4   "Q!"

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 01:00:01 PM »
I like the idea of 2 rings, but how will you handle conflicts of handlers with multiple dogs in different levels.  I won't be there this year, but I likely will next year so just thinking in advance.  Last year I had 2 DD dogs and 1 vet dog....
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 01:04:09 PM »
The elite ring always takes priority.   So in other words when the run orders are published we can move your pre elite dog around,  even coming back to them in the middle of a different height.

But your elite dog will need to stay put.

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 08:58:32 PM »
If a handler has both a DD Elite dog and another Elite dog running in the other ring, will DD dog be able to move if a conflict arises!
This Veteran Handler is going to be challenged with two rings and two different courses.
Thanks - Kitty
Kitty & K9 Kids @ Kamp Kitty

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 03:53:59 AM »
If a handler has both a DD Elite dog and another Elite dog running in the other ring, will DD dog be able to move if a conflict arises!
This Veteran Handler is going to be challenged with two rings and two different courses.
Thanks - Kitty

Chris has indicated that if you have two dogs, to be sure and check their placement.  If there is less than 20 dogs between them in their assigned run order #, then email him right away and tell him so that he can move them now to avoid conflicts.
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

MoabDiane

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 06:26:01 AM »
I donít think I will have a conflict (but will check more carefully when I get back to good net connection).  BUT:  one elite dog, one DD dog.  Elite will be running longer courses than DD/pre-elite. Granted, probably not by much and not every run.  But just a little....at the end of 100+ dogs, that could really skew the timing of 20 dogs between.  Iím gonna just go with it and worry (Ha! No way!) when the time comes. And I guess if needed, move the DD did.  Just a thought though.   
Duane

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2018, 06:34:45 AM »
I donít think I will have a conflict (but will check more carefully when I get back to good net connection).  BUT:  one elite dog, one DD dog.  Elite will be running longer courses than DD/pre-elite. Granted, probably not by much and not every run.  But just a little....at the end of 100+ dogs, that could really skew the timing of 20 dogs between.  Iím gonna just go with it and worry (Ha! No way!) when the time comes. And I guess if needed, move the DD did.  Just a thought though.   
Duane
There are worker changes every 25 dogs.   Those will also double as a way of syncing up the rings.

So every 25 dogs we will be right back on track with numbers.

I also have a couple other tricks up my sleeve for keeping the rings synced :)

Amy McGovern

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2018, 07:40:36 AM »
And keep in mind that I don't think you can change run order once you are there.  Or at least our last champs that was true.  You had to do fixes beforehand (e.g. now).  I am positive he will be making changes as I know we are not the only ones with a conflict :)
Amy and the schnauzers

MoabDiane

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2018, 08:40:50 AM »
Chris, you are amaziní!!!
Just donít trip on those full sleeves of yours....
Diane

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 10:42:09 AM »
Duane
There are worker changes every 25 dogs.   Those will also double as a way of syncing up the rings.

So every 25 dogs we will be right back on track with numbers.

I also have a couple other tricks up my sleeve for keeping the rings synced :)

Here's hoping that some of those "tricks" might involve you and/or Amanda doing some singing and dancing to entertain the crowd  ;D ;D
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Richard Wolfe

• The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2018, 08:34:19 PM »
Or  NOT!!!!!!!!
Richard Wolfe
Rumor and Raven
Sparkle HOF and Rowdy, Gold Achievement Cup waiting at the Bridge