Author Topic: June Announcement for January 2019 Rule Changes  (Read 8045 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
June Announcement for January 2019 Rule Changes
« on: June 01, 2018, 02:50:38 PM »
Please fast forward to these areas if you would like info on a specific subject:

1:00 = Certified Trainers
4:36 = Play Area
7:22  =Achievement Awards
9:41 = Training in the Ring
12:16 = Grandfathering
15:41 = Misc Small Adjustments

ricbonner

Re: June Announcement for January 2019 Rule Changes
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 04:52:33 PM »
standardized premiums = awesome!!

Foomin Z

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 06:02:42 PM »
Nice slideshow with the video.

For trials that only offer one round of Chances per day: could a person be allowed to enter every level of Chances, in order to work toward the new achievement cups, provided the dog is not entered in any other classes with jumps that day?

I have noticed most trials seem to run the levels elite, then open, then novice. There would be no training opportunity for an elite Q, as there would be if the levels ran the other way. However, a person who fails at elite chances could try again in open to see if their dog would be more successful. And again in novice.

I'm chasing elite chances Qs with my dog. It's all she needs for the NATCH. I am making a point to enter double-run trials just for extra chances at elite chances. There is a weekend this summer where one trial has two rounds of chances on a Saturday, and another trial four hours away from there is having two rounds of chances on Sunday. I will try to go to both. See how desperate I am?

I would be more likely to enter trials with single rounds of chances per day if I could also enter open and novice, in order to work on the new achievement awards. Otherwise, I could be waiting years before I would drop out of elite chances and move to a lower level.

I don't think this would be too different from the swap option I have seen at a couple of trials.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 07:50:11 PM »
Nice slideshow with the video.

For trials that only offer one round of Chances per day: could a person be allowed to enter every level of Chances, in order to work toward the new achievement cups, provided the dog is not entered in any other classes with jumps that day?

I have noticed most trials seem to run the levels elite, then open, then novice. There would be no training opportunity for an elite Q, as there would be if the levels ran the other way. However, a person who fails at elite chances could try again in open to see if their dog would be more successful. And again in novice.

I'm chasing elite chances Qs with my dog. It's all she needs for the NATCH. I am making a point to enter double-run trials just for extra chances at elite chances. There is a weekend this summer where one trial has two rounds of chances on a Saturday, and another trial four hours away from there is having two rounds of chances on Sunday. I will try to go to both. See how desperate I am?

I would be more likely to enter trials with single rounds of chances per day if I could also enter open and novice, in order to work on the new achievement awards. Otherwise, I could be waiting years before I would drop out of elite chances and move to a lower level.

I don't think this would be too different from the swap option I have seen at a couple of trials.
I think the software folks might very well put a hit out on me if we did that!

In all seriousness though,  while I can see the argument that itís no different then entering 3 jumping classes,  I donít feel comfortable opening that bag of worms.   And it would cause a lot of confusion for the trial secretary and gate people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynn Broderick

• Trial Secretary
  • "Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone"
    • www.petworksbuffalo.com
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 08:03:39 PM »
Who do we contact to declare our interest in the certified trainer program?
Lynn Broderick
Up and Over Dog Sports & Four Seasons Agility Club
and Team Agileblur- Amber, Maverick, and Riley (at the Bridge)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 10:12:30 PM »
Great changes!  Good job.
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 11:02:02 PM »
Who do we contact to declare our interest in the certified trainer program?
Support@nadac.com

We should have some solid dates in the next month or so :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foomin Z

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 09:12:32 AM »
I think the software folks might very well put a hit out on me if we did that!

In all seriousness though,  while I can see the argument that itís no different then entering 3 jumping classes,  I donít feel comfortable opening that bag of worms.   And it would cause a lot of confusion for the trial secretary and gate people.

I don't understand how it is a "bag of worms" from a point of view other than programming. If the programming is set up correctly, no day-of-show workers should have a problem during the trial. Everything would print correctly. Gate stewards shouldn't be confused at all. Perhaps the trial secretary would have to count on entry forms how many jumping classes a person has entered, to make sure they are not breaking the rules? Chances is the shortest length course out of all the jumping classes. It wouldn't be overextending a dog more than double runs of jumpers or regular. What other questionable angle is there? The training for open or novice due to running the same course in an upper level? That isn't much different from double runs either.

I am going to a trial next weekend. I entered only the one round of chances each day in elite. The trial already has admittedly low numbers. They would probably have appreciated it if I entered more classes, but I like having goals too. That's the only purpose of awards. Dogs don't care about those.

Cathie Cage

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 09:59:51 AM »
Just curious as why your post are never signed? It would really be nice to know who you are. So if I respond to your post I can include your name.

Cathie Cage
Cathie Cage

giddyup

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 01:50:30 PM »
Question on the awards (I forgot the names) where you can do extra open or novice chances because you struggle with elite chances. Can you attempt to get all 3?  A regular NATCH, the award with the extra open chances and the award with the extra novice chances?
Thanks
Jill

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 02:48:42 PM »
Question on the awards (I forgot the names) where you can do extra open or novice chances because you struggle with elite chances. Can you attempt to get all 3?  A regular NATCH, the award with the extra open chances and the award with the extra novice chances?
Thanks
Jill

Yes.

The goal is to give some recognition for the skills, but also a place to advance.

So someone could get a Silver Achievement Cup (Novice Chances), and then progress onto a Gold Achievement Cup (Open Chances) and a NATCH (Elite Chances).

Lindsey Cooper

• Trial Secretary
    • Mountain Dog Sports
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2018, 02:17:47 PM »
I think the goal with the chances update is to give people who struggle with Elite chances an opportunity to get an Achievement title in place of a NATCH. If someone has all their elite Q's for a NATCH, but is still stuck in Novice or Open chances, they have the opportunity for an Achievement award by earning a certain amount of Novice Chances Q's or Open Chances Q's.

Example: Dog & Handler team have all Q's for NATCH, but are stuck in Open chances with 20 pts.
The team can continue to stay in open chances and earn x more Q's to earn an achievement award, or they can go back to Novice chances and get x more Q's to earn the other achievement award.

I think most teams that have distance skills will continue to work towards the NATCH and skip the achievement awards, but this gives teams with less distance skills to work towards a championship type award.

Lindsey
www.mountaindogsports.com

BeckyAH

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2018, 02:28:53 PM »

Speaking as one of those teams... Yeah, basically.  I don't know exactly what I'm going to do, yet.  I have some time limitations here, but having *something* I could get and work toward is huge.  I won't give up on elite chances, but having something in reach a long the way just... psychologically feels better.

Amy McGovern

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »
Agreed!  We are one of those teams too. I watched the video and cheered out loud for that part. We are totally going for the novice level one first. Once we get that, I'll maybe feel like she finally can try open chances!  And so on. I love the idea!  And for those who already have the elite skills, I'm happy for them.  I hope they realize that this doesn't take anything away from them but gives the rest of us something to aim for. 

-Amy and the schnauzer pack
Amy and the schnauzers

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 05:54:19 PM »
It just happens that Cocoa is really good with distance with lots of Chances points, but we didn't earn our NATCH until last summer because he often did not make time in jumpers courses.  The new times did help us, but I understand that they might fluctuate each year.   I am not concerned about Cocoa at this point, but thinking about other dog's I know who have the same problem.  Might there be a set of achievement awards for them? 

Just something to think about?

Isabel

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Isabel and Cocoa