Author Topic: special awards and bars  (Read 4202 times)

Amy McGovern

special awards and bars
« on: August 02, 2018, 07:03:59 AM »
Chris, when do the special award sponsorships open for champs?  And can we still order bars for our dogs with their names on them too?  I know that started in the last few years.  I wish I had one from our only other champs so I'm really wanting to do it this year.  Thanks!!

-Amy
Amy and the schnauzers

Marsha01

Re: special awards and bars
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 10:47:51 AM »
If an organization wants to sponsor a bar, where do you sign up for that as well?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 06:12:19 AM »
Should have that form up by this Monday :)

Dieselblonde

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 02:53:57 PM »
What are the personalized bars? This will be my first Champs and Iím just trying to learn all of this. Thank you. Carolyn

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 04:06:32 PM »
What are the personalized bars? This will be my first Champs and Iím just trying to learn all of this. Thank you. Carolyn
You can buy a jump bar with your dog's name on it and the Champs lo0go? (I think).  It will be used during Champs and then you can pick it up and take it home.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Jeanne Allen

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 04:23:43 PM »
Carolyn,

Been trying to send a pic of a pesonalized bar and two special award bars from 2014.  Hope it goes through this time.
Jeanne Allen and the Blue Dog Jester
Boise, ID

Amy McGovern

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 04:34:02 PM »
Chris, I tried to enter special awards/bars and there isn't a submit button.  I tried in safari and chrome and neither one had a submit button.  Thanks!
Amy and the schnauzers

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 05:41:17 AM »
Please be sure to read the fine print folks. 

The sponsor bars and customized bars this year will only be 1 foot long.    The bars used during championships will be standard bars with the champs name and date on them.

I wouldn't recommend getting a custom bar this year, as we are doing the very nice bars that everyone gets in their bags.    We left it as an option in case someone wanted anything special, but if you only want a bar with your dogs and your name on it, you'll get one in your bag.

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 10:19:04 AM »
Please be sure to read the fine print folks. 

The sponsor bars and customized bars this year will only be 1 foot long.    The bars used during championships will be standard bars with the champs name and date on them.

I wouldn't recommend getting a custom bar this year, as we are doing the very nice bars that everyone gets in their bags.    We left it as an option in case someone wanted anything special, but if you only want a bar with your dogs and your name on it, you'll get one in your bag.

Must have missed the fine print somewhere - need to clean my glasses.  Didn't realize that we were already getting bars in our bags and I ordered one with "Dublin" on it.  I guess I can just submit on the Support button to cancel that?
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 10:22:33 AM »
Yup I was gonna email anyone who ordered them to make sure they really wanted an extra :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amy McGovern

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2018, 11:43:52 AM »
So clearly the submit button is showing up for everyone else :( I'm on a Mac and neither safari nor chrome shows it for the bars.  I can enter team (done) as it has a button at the bottom.
Amy and the schnauzers

Jeanne Allen

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 11:50:14 AM »
Amy,

I just sponsored a bar and at first had the same problem as you.  I first only filled out the stuff at the bottom of the form, but when I also filled out the top of form, then the submit button showed up.
Jeanne Allen and the Blue Dog Jester
Boise, ID

Amy McGovern

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2018, 12:06:51 PM »
Oh that did it!  Turns out I was missing the checkbox on "sponsor or personalized bar".  But instead of giving me an error, it just never had a button!!  Chris, I'd still call that a bug :) But I did submit my sponsored bar :)

-Amy
Amy and the schnauzers

Lynn Saunders

• Trial Secretary
  • Karosel Sheltie 3-Pack
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 10:26:36 AM »
If the sponsored bar is in memory of a dog, does that get put on the bar or just mentioned to the winner when they get it?

Thanks!
Lynn Saunders
Lynn Saunders
Truckee, CA
Where the Stars Shine Brighter...

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 05:47:52 AM »
It will be on the bar :)

We added a line to the sponsor page for that info, and we'll be emailing the folks who submitted a bar before that question was asked so that we can add it on