Author Topic: Still confused about team entry  (Read 2773 times)

KH

Still confused about team entry
« on: August 04, 2018, 02:38:50 PM »
I am still confused about team entry.  Are the divisions of standard, Vet/jr handler, DD only applicable to the teams in elite?
Or worded another way, for all pre-elite handlers, can they combine with other pre-elite handlers IRREGARDLESS of whether the team members are ALL 3 veteran handlers, ALL 3 veteran dogs or ALL 3 junior handlers as long as all the team members are entered in pre-elite?
Specifically:
1) If someone is a veteran handler in pre-elite can they be on a team in pre elite with 2 other handlers that are not veteran handlers?
2) Can a handler with a veteran dog in pre elite be on a pre elite team with other dogs that are not veteran dogs?
3) Can a jr handler in pre elite be on a team with other non jr handlers?

Regarding the Elite level (provided my understanding is correct for elite vs pre-elite), one of the divisions says Vet/jr handler and another is listed as DD.  What does the Vet refer to; handler or dog?  If it refers  to either handler or dog, I thought the DD would be in with the veteran dogs?

I知 sorry that I seem to have a brain block in understanding this.  We have a group of 18 of us that want to make teams and have a mixture of pre-elite and elite, some veteran dogs and some veteran handlers so I just want to make sure we form our teams correctly.

Thank you

Suzy Winkle

Re: Still confused about team entry
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 03:28:44 PM »
I am a bit confused as well. Wondering...can we mix Veteran Division and Standard Division? I think we can...???
Suzy Winkle

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 04:10:03 PM »
I am a bit confused as well. Wondering...can we mix Veteran Division and Standard Division? I think we can...???
I don't think you can mix Standard and Vet dogs on a team.  There are also Pre-Elite teams.  i our division.you don't have 3 people in the same division, you can still enter and you will be put on a team in your division.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 05:56:31 PM »
I think Chris is going to update us soon!  It was/is going to depend, I think, on how many entries there are in various divisions - to determine which ones, if any, might be combined.

So, while we do need to be finding teamies, I think....patience,grasshoppers!  🦗
Diane

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 05:38:04 AM »
I am still confused about team entry.  Are the divisions of standard, Vet/jr handler, DD only applicable to the teams in elite?
Or worded another way, for all pre-elite handlers, can they combine with other pre-elite handlers IRREGARDLESS of whether the team members are ALL 3 veteran handlers, ALL 3 veteran dogs or ALL 3 junior handlers as long as all the team members are entered in pre-elite?
Specifically:
1) If someone is a veteran handler in pre-elite can they be on a team in pre elite with 2 other handlers that are not veteran handlers?
2) Can a handler with a veteran dog in pre elite be on a pre elite team with other dogs that are not veteran dogs?

Pre-Elite has no separate sub divisions.    It's only grouped by dogs height,  So Pre-Elite Medium, Pre-Elite Large, etc.   You can be on a team with ANYONE you want to in pre elite, regardless of what they are running as.

Regarding the Elite level (provided my understanding is correct for elite vs pre-elite), one of the divisions says Vet/jr handler and another is listed as DD.  What does the Vet refer to; handler or dog?  If it refers  to either handler or dog, I thought the DD would be in with the veteran dogs?

I知 sorry that I seem to have a brain block in understanding this.  We have a group of 18 of us that want to make teams and have a mixture of pre-elite and elite, some veteran dogs and some veteran handlers so I just want to make sure we form our teams correctly.

Thank you

There is both Veteran Handler, and Veteran Dog.   After last year we split those divisions up into their own.     There is more than enough dogs in both of those this year, so we don't need to combine them.

Double Digit dogs run the Pre-Elite course because it is shorter.   So they have to be on a team of their peers.

Easiest thing to remember is that Pre-Elite = do whatever you want.

Every other division = teams must be of your same division and sub division.

The only group this year that we have to merge with another group is the Elite Junior handlers.    There are only two of them, so they can be on a team with anyone they would like in the Elite divisions since we can't make a team competition out of two dogs :)

Amy McGovern

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 08:05:20 AM »
The only group this year that we have to merge with another group is the Elite Junior handlers.    There are only two of them, so they can be on a team with anyone they would like in the Elite divisions since we can't make a team competition out of two dogs :)

At least one of those now has a team.  :) Since I have no idea who the other elite JH is, no clue if they have a team.  Mine found a team of elite dogs that are not DD.  All 3 dogs are vet dogs but are all in elite.

Amy and the schnauzers

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 10:15:19 AM »
Specifically:

Pre-Elite has no separate sub divisions.    It's only grouped by dogs height,  So Pre-Elite Medium, Pre-Elite Large, etc.   You can be on a team with ANYONE you want to in pre elite, regardless of what they are running as.

Thank you

There is both Veteran Handler, and Veteran Dog.   After last year we split those divisions up into their own.     There is more than enough dogs in both of those this year, so we don't need to combine them.

Double Digit dogs run the Pre-Elite course because it is shorter.   So they have to be on a team of their peers.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, the drop down menu for choosing team category doesn't have vet dog separate from vet handler.  Only see vet/jh handler - but no vet dog category for team...
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

KH

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 12:18:45 PM »
And is the entry really $30 PER DOG, or $90 per team?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 12:56:48 PM »
And is the entry really $30 PER DOG, or $90 per team?
Thats the same thing.

$30 per dog is the same as $90 per team.

And the answer is yes,  $30 per dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 12:57:08 PM »
Specifically:

Thank you

Unless I'm doing something wrong, the drop down menu for choosing team category doesn't have vet dog separate from vet handler.  Only see vet/jh handler - but no vet dog category for team...
I値l take a look tonight :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salli Dulco

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 10:25:39 PM »
Hi Chris,
Can a dog be on more than 1 team?
Salli Dulco
Salli Dulco

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 07:01:41 AM »
Nope one team only for Champs.

Only exception we have made is if the event has started and someone drops out and we can't find a replacement for them.  Then we've allowed it.  But only under that circumstance.

MoabDiane

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 07:21:59 AM »
 I知 not considering this, but just happen to think:  in the past, one person could handle two dogs on the same team. That痴 because they never ran at the same time. I知 guessing that would not be the case this year, where there is the relay at the end. Correct?
Diane

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 08:22:28 AM »
I知 not considering this, but just happen to think:  in the past, one person could handle two dogs on the same team. That痴 because they never ran at the same time. I知 guessing that would not be the case this year, where there is the relay at the end. Correct?
Diane

Correct :)

Sandi Leonard

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 04:30:22 PM »
Chris, my dog Tally is registered for Standard Elite, Large dog.  He's on a team with two other large dogs but both are Veterans. I was told by other Champs-experienced competitors that because Tally is 8 he would automatically be placed in Veteran, but you show him on the list as just Standard.  That is how I originally registered him.  We have our team named and shirts and such.  I would prefer to not change Tally to Veterans because he jumps 20 everywhere else and I don't want to confuse the issue at Champs.  But I also don't want to mess up our team.  Do I need to have you change him to Veterans, or can he stay Standard and run with 2 veteran's dogs in team?  While I prefer not to change, I leave it up to you to tell us what we need to do for the team thing to work out.