Author Topic: two ring question  (Read 3130 times)

Amy McGovern

two ring question
« on: August 29, 2018, 06:38:11 AM »
To anyone who has been to a two ring champs before:  can you help me to visualize it?  The only champs we went to before was Springfield IL in 2011.  That was a huge arena and yet the idea of running two rings is hard to imagine since the one ring was large and the chutes to line up to go in were also quite large.  That ring took up the entire arena!  When you run two rings, are they only separated by a tape or do we have more room?  Are the entries on opposite sides?  How does it work?  I've got one dog in each ring and one of the run orders has us running at the exact same time (I'm sure that will be fixed!) but I'm still trying to visualize how this will work just to wrap my head around it :) Thanks!

Amy and the schnauzers

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Owner/Trainer GotDog? LLC
    • GotDog? LLC
Re: two ring question
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 08:34:10 AM »
The arena at the CamPlex is a monster.  The two rings will be separated in the middle with scoring tables and other misc "space", more than enough room between the two.  Yes Elite will come in one end and Pre Elite the other end totally opposite of each other.  The running orders are tentative as Chris will be going thru and making adjustments as need be for conflicts.

Take a deep breathe :)  I know everyone gets nervous but the NADAC team is good at this!  They will take care of any issues that come up now or at the event and make things work smoothly as possible! 
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com

Amy McGovern

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 08:51:21 AM »
Thanks!  Not nervous :) Just wanted to visualize it!  Was having trouble extrapolating from my one champs experience so far.  We are very excited!!  And I know Chris will fix our run order issues :)
Amy and the schnauzers

Jeanne Allen

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 12:05:54 PM »
Amy,

If you want to visualize more, Chris made a video talking about the rings and other stuff and also has pics of the inside.  You can see it here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t4pA67P2OLA&feature=youtu.be
Jeanne Allen and the Blue Dogs Gypsy and Jester
Boise, ID

Marsha01

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 08:16:18 PM »
Since there are 2 rings, I'm assuming there will not be an announcer?    Would be talking over each other?

Jeanne Allen

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 08:30:52 PM »
Since there are 2 rings, I'm assuming there will not be an announcer?    Would be talking over each other?

I don't remember where I saw it, but Chris said there will be an announcer for the Elite ring and none for the Pre-Elite ring.
Jeanne Allen and the Blue Dogs Gypsy and Jester
Boise, ID

cherhart

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 01:56:24 PM »
Will there be a space with equipment to warm up your dog. In the past we were able to pay a little bit to have access to some contact equipment. Will this be provided this year?
cherhart

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 11:04:10 PM »
Will there be a space with equipment to warm up your dog. In the past we were able to pay a little bit to have access to some contact equipment. Will this be provided this year?

Definitely!

It will be free this year.   
Towards the end of the building there is a dirt warm up ring, we are bringing in a covered tent and that will become the warm up ring for everyone to use. 

Everyone will get access to it twice a day for each dog they are running.

Kyle

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 07:52:00 AM »
It's been quite awhile since I've been in a two ring trial and I've never been in a two ring trial indoors before. But, I have trialed at this Champs venue before. As a Stakes entrant, I will admit to being concerned about the conflicting commands from the other ring. Has there been discussion about perhaps temporarily holding the Pre-Elite ring just during the Stakes classes? If not even for the confusion issue, I know folks do like to be able to watch the Stakes dogs.  :) My concern is not just for the Stakes dogs but for the dogs in the Pre-Elite ring - sometimes we Stakes folks can get a little, shall we say, loud, as we try to make sure some sort of emphasis is made on a particular part of a course....absolutely involuntarily, of course!  ;)

Anyway - just wonderin'.....

Thanks,
Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 08:21:43 AM »
Not gonna be able to happen.

We'll see how it goes but from all the multi ring trials I've been to it's never much of an issue with outside noise.   

cherhart

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 07:27:19 PM »

Definitely!

It will be free this year.   
Towards the end of the building there is a dirt warm up ring, we are bringing in a covered tent and that will become the warm up ring for everyone to use. 

Everyone will get access to it twice a day for each dog they are running.

That's awesome! Thanks!
cherhart

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 10:07:52 AM »

I don't remember where I saw it, but Chris said there will be an announcer for the Elite ring and none for the Pre-Elite ring

Does that mean that the vet dogs won't get announcers either since they use the same course as the pre-elite ring?
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 10:54:11 AM »
That is correct.

We're talking a bit about what someone in another thread mentioned, of having the announcer alternate between rings.
So round 1 would get Elite announcer, round 2 would be pre-elite, round 3 would be elite, etc etc.

I'm just trying to work through the specifics and make sure it's not going to cause any issues.   I'm not a huge fan of changing the game plan this close to the event, but if there aren't any major issues with that idea we might be able to do it

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Owner/Trainer GotDog? LLC
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 12:17:44 PM »
Either way, it would be nice if they announced about every 10 or 15 dogs what number they are on in both rings.  That way people could keep track of what number each ring is on.... I think that is what would be most helpful to most in my opinion :)  As well as the live feeds if people could hear what number it would make it easier for them to watch and know where we were.
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 01:22:44 PM »
Either way, it would be nice if they announced about every 10 or 15 dogs what number they are on in both rings.  That way people could keep track of what number each ring is on.... I think that is what would be most helpful to most in my opinion :)  As well as the live feeds if people could hear what number it would make it easier for them to watch and know where we were.

I was just wondering to myself the other night if there wasn't some kind of numbering display system that could be in the crating area that displayed what # was currently running.  Kind of like what they used to have at restaurants (before the pagers) that showed now serving party # XYZ.

Of course there would have to be two of those - one for each ring, and then somebody to "man the input" from the arena, etc., etc.  I guess that could be another worker slot   :) :)  In a perfect world ...  At least the way it is I do get in my 10K steps for the day.  Hope to do a better job of listening to those #s being called this year.
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.