Author Topic: Special Awards Bars-Sign up sheets at Champs  (Read 1192 times)

Marj Vincent

• Judge
  • GotDog? Trainer
    • GotDog? LLC
Special Awards Bars-Sign up sheets at Champs
« on: August 28, 2018, 08:24:03 AM »
Hello Exhibitors!

For those new to Champs and for those that need a refresher course, here is some info about the special awards bars you all have been donating.

Saturday morning we will put out the binders on the results table (or close to it) that have all the signup sheets for the bars. Each page corresponds to each specific bar.  The bar winners are calculated on rounds 1-5 only. So by Sat you should know if you may be eligible for a high scoring bar.

If you truly believe you are eligible for a particular bar, then by all means put your dog's name down on the signup sheet for that bar. Only the dogs listed on the sheets will be calculated for the bar.

Sometimes there are bars where there is only one exhibitor/dog attending, such as a " High Scoring Female Beagle from Montana with one blue eye", then by all means put your name down if this is your dog, regardless of your scores! 

Some bars are 'voted' on by the exhibitors. This is done by listing a dog or person on the sheet.  For example, you might need to vote for the best dressed in purple, either dog or human.  In this case, you should write down on the sheet who you are voting for!  Please only vote once! 

Saturday night we will remove the binders and tally up the winners. This is a long process as each sheet needs to be researched and calculated for the High Scoring bars.  So please be mindful and don't list your dog if you are not any where close to being the high scoring dog for that bar.

On Sunday we will announce winners throughout the day and hand out the bars.  Some bars will only have a single entrant competing, those bars might be calculated early and may be handed out sooner than Sunday.  Some bars are handed out during the walk thrus, so pay attention to the announcing, your name just might be called!!.

Marj Vincent
Scotty & Java
Ontario, OR

"The most beautiful things in life are not things. They're people, and places, and memories and pictures.They're feelings, moments, smiles and laughter."

Amy McGovern

Re: Special Awards Bars-Sign up sheets at Champs
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 08:34:58 AM »
Marj, thanks, that helps!  Are all of the bars that say 'high scoring' only for elite unless they say pre-elite?  For example, high scoring miniature schnauzer:  I know there are 4 of us listed.  Two in elite and two in pre-elite.  Is that just for the 2 elite or for all 4?

Thanks!!
Amy and the schnauzers

Marj Vincent

• Judge
  • GotDog? Trainer
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 09:54:59 AM »
I am not sure....maybe Chris can answer that.
Marj Vincent
Scotty & Java
Ontario, OR

"The most beautiful things in life are not things. They're people, and places, and memories and pictures.They're feelings, moments, smiles and laughter."

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 10:00:39 AM »
I am not sure....maybe Chris can answer that.

This came up last year (or the year before) on the bar I sponsored, and the answer was unless it SAYS pre-elite, it's for Elite.

Chris may feel decide differently this year, but that's the was it was back then.
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 04:34:14 PM »
We assume Elite division for all bars, unless the bar notes otherwise