Author Topic: Start time?  (Read 798 times)

mstomel

Start time?
« on: September 01, 2018, 05:33:03 PM »
Champs virgin: So you do a walk through at the beginning of the day right? So no matter what size, or when you run you have to be there at a certain time if you want to walk the course? Do we know what time that is yet?  Is it knowledge known only to the experienced, that virgins such as myself need to complete a quest to find? Or is it just gonna be in an email? 
I'm just trying to plan my Taxi rides ahead of time :)

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
Re: Start time?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 06:19:12 PM »
There will be a morning walk thru and an afternoon walk thru.  Usually the morning begins with a gathering of everyone for announcements, clarifications, National Anthems, etc.  And that usually starts around 7.  After that is over then there is the morning walk thru.  You walk in groups according to what division you are in - Standard, Double Digit, Vet, etc.  And that morning walk thru takes awhile to get everyone done.  Though this year since there are 2 rings it will be faster. 

After all morning rounds are run there will be a break in the action and a rebuilding of the afternoon course(s).  Then there will be a walk thru just like in the morning - by groups.  Not really any way to specify a time.  Especially since there are 2 rings this year - so "historical data" won't be as helpful.

And where you are in the walk thru groups lines up with where your group is in the run order.  So that changes each day as well. 
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Kyle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 07:50:11 AM »
If you check the NADAC website, use the drop down "Events" menu to get to "NADAC Championships", scroll down a bit and you will find "2018 Qualifications and Info Sheet". That has some very good information for newbies and has a section titled "Walkthroughs and Briefings". That section states that the start time (briefing, updates you *really want* to know about, anthems, etc.) each day is 7:00 a.m. If I were you, I'd plan to have my "taxi ride" get you to the site before 7 each morning.  :)

Marcy did a great job explaining the walk throughs!

-Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 11:08:59 PM »
You absolutely want to be there at 7 on Thursday for the first briefing.   It's typically the longest, but that is because we are covering the most material on that day :)