Author Topic: Vendor products  (Read 1494 times)

Franceen

Vendor products
« on: September 12, 2018, 08:50:55 AM »
Does anyone know if there will be vendors selling raw dog food or a place in town where it can be bought.
Thanks
Franceen (Calgary)

Robbins Church

Re: Vendor products
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 09:36:38 AM »
Great question.  Earlier I took a brief look (on the web) and couldn't find anything. But maybe I missed something. Look forward to hearing from folks who might have better information on this.

mstomel

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 12:20:55 PM »
Does anyone know if there will be vendors selling raw dog food or a place in town where it can be bought.
Thanks
Franceen (Calgary)

Other than a grocery store?

champs2018

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 05:58:54 PM »
You can always call the local veterinarian!

Franceen

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 09:09:55 PM »
I was hoping for premade product like Darwin's, etc.  It saves me time if it's made and properly balanced. But I can buy individual ingredients at a grocery store.

Other than a grocery store?

Marj Vincent

• Judge
  • GotDog? Trainer
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 04:00:06 PM »
You could feed a dehydrated raw, like Honest Kitchen.  No refrigeration needed, just add water. 
Marj Vincent
Scotty & Java
Ontario, OR

"The most beautiful things in life are not things. They're people, and places, and memories and pictures.They're feelings, moments, smiles and laughter."

Robbins Church

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 11:42:57 AM »
I called PETCO in Gillette this morning.
They sell at least one (maybe more) freeze dried.  For example, they have Instinct freeze dried.  Plus they have frozen (or refrigerated, if I understood them correctly, got like 2 different answers) raw food including Instinct and Fresh Pet.

They don't seem to have Stella and Chewy's or Tucker's frozen raw (2 that we use at home) or Darwin's (which we used to use).  They don't seem to have Honest Kitchen, which we use at home also.

Personally, I am bringing Honest Kitchen and Stella and Chewy's freeze dried patties. No hassling with frozen or fresh raw on such a long road trip.  I will augment from Petco there if any need be.  The Stella and Chewy's patties are expensive, but not so bad if used to augment another item - like Honest Kitchen.
I believe Stella and Chewy's is available online,  Maybe Honest Kitchen also.

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 12:23:23 PM »
Not sure there’s time to order and get it - but Grandma Lucy’s (and I think HK) make a freeze dried raw that you add fresh meat to.  Maybe a better option than all dried?  But recommend not trying anything brand new for the first time at Champs!
Diane

Robbins Church

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 01:24:58 PM »
Both Stella and Chewy's and Honest Kitchen can be gotten with free 1-2 day shipping from Chewy.com

Having noted that -- Diane is exactly right - changing diet abruptly certainly is not advised.

(So happens that my dog is used to these foods and so it is an easy transition for me to phase out the frozen Tucker's and frozen Stella and Chewy's my dog gets now (as parts of his regular feeding) and increase the portions of the Honest Kitchen and Stella and Chewy's patties for this trip.

Sandi Leonard

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 02:11:05 PM »
Primal also sells both frozen and freeze-dried versions of their raw food.  We're bringing bags of the freeze dried--shelf stable, easy to rehydrate, and my dogs love it!  So if they're used to raw, that's another good one to look at.