Author Topic: speed in chances  (Read 599 times)

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
speed in chances
« on: April 08, 2019, 07:33:56 PM »
I am wondering just what kind of distance is usual for a chances course.  given that the time is fixed, I am curious.

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Isabel and Cocoa

Janice_Shavor

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: speed in chances
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 07:38:45 AM »
Go to the NADAC.com web site, click on Train and Play, then put your cursor on Video Runs and choose Course Maps.  There will be 2 sets of course maps  plus 2 sets of Hooper courses and 2 sets of Barrelers courses.

Download the non-specialized course maps.  Each set will contain Chances, Elite through Intro.  You can get a good idea of distance, directional changes, and other challenges from them.  Most will have Elite - Novice on 1 page with different lines for the level.
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, & Walker

Jeff Lyons

• Judge
Re: speed in chances
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 08:38:29 AM »
If you meant "yardage" when you wrote "distance," the criteria for the design of a Chances course is in the Exhibitor handbook at 4.4.3.  We don't turn in yardage for Chances, since the SCT is the same.  The courses are supposed to be 10-14 obstacles (63-91 yards on the flat). 

If you were trying to calculate yardage, then you'd have add to the above the yardage for any tunnels, WP, DW or AF.  You won't find a DW and an AF performance on a Chances course, nor will you find a DW and WP performance on the same course.  Both contacts might be on the course, but the performance of both will not be required.   
Jeff L.