Author Topic: Getting the word out about rule changes  (Read 473 times)

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
Getting the word out about rule changes
« on: June 03, 2019, 06:20:39 PM »
I was curious if the group had suggestions as to how NADAC can help to get the word out about the recent rule changes. When I posted video from this weekend in one of my training groups I mentioned that it was Ren's first NADAC trial thanks to the start of tugging in the ring. This was followed by a bunch of comments like, "oh wow, I didn't know they allow that!" So then I mentioned toys in the ring and grandfathering into higher levels, and of course nobody had heard of that, either.

I think all of these are positive changes and the reaction of these people made it clear that these are things that will potentially draw people in. One person specifically said that there are NADAC trials 30 minutes from her house and she didn't know these things, but now she will look into attending the trials.

I don't know if/how NADAC campaigns this kind of thing, but I do know that competitors can certainly help to spread the word. Facebook is great free advertising. Even if these rule changes aren't something that you utilize personally, posting about them can help to let others who don't do NADAC learn that they exist.
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH3/NATCH4 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy, Jedi & Ren

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/

knittingdog

• Cowtown Dog Sports
Re: Getting the word out about rule changes
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 06:37:11 PM »

I know Lisa Schmit has been listing the new rules changes along with the flyers for her trials.  I think this is a great idea!

Robin

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 09:31:22 AM »
We definitely need better marketing!

Hopefully by 2020 we'll be able to hire someone to do this type of thing.       I think it plagues a lot of the other venues too, I was reading on a facebook post yesterday someone talking about some 'new' AKC rules.   Which have been in place for well over a year now.    It's just hard to get info out to people who aren't really following your updates or checking your website.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 12:19:44 PM »
I try to mention them to all of the people that I train with at class.  I also mention it whenever I can to those that are on my facebook page.  But for me, that is really the only way I can get the info out to others. 
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 05:27:04 PM »
We definitely need better marketing!

Hopefully by 2020 we'll be able to hire someone to do this type of thing.       I think it plagues a lot of the other venues too, I was reading on a facebook post yesterday someone talking about some 'new' AKC rules.   Which have been in place for well over a year now.    It's just hard to get info out to people who aren't really following your updates or checking your website.

Is there a way to do an email blast to all members with an update?  If they chose to not read it, then it is their choice.  But they would have gotten an update.  Since all members include their email address, maybe that is an option?
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 06:05:19 PM »
I like Sharon's idea - USDAA emails a monthly (or is it quarterly?) newsletters to all "associates" (aren't they the ones that work at Walmart?!). It's usually just about one page, sometimes two.

But I think the original question was geared towards folks who aren't currently competing in NADAC.

Perhaps a quick news release or something similar to Clean Run?  The mag used to have a "What's New" section for all venues, though they seem to have stopped that awhile back.
(I'd be happy to help write/edit this!)  I think CR is followed by more non-NADAC folks than anything else I know about.

My two cents' worth....
diane

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 06:05:34 PM »
I think that we need to get word out to non NADAC folks as well.   For example, there. is a Facebook group New Hampshire Dog Events.   so, if there is a Facebook announcement of a local trial, and that announcement includes information about NEW NADAC rules (leash, toys) I can share that post and have the new rules get distributed to other venues.

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Isabel and Cocoa