Author Topic: Gamblers Example Video  (Read 1746 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Gamblers Example Video
« on: July 26, 2019, 06:31:56 AM »
A few runs that folks can watch to get an idea of what the class looks like :)

Jean Sather (McCreight)

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Gamblers Example Video
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 07:56:54 AM »
Chris, thanks for all the examples - very helpful.  Do you have a picture of a Gamblers scribe sheet that you could post?  Might be helpful to see that before we see one for the first time at a trial.  Sounds like scribing Gamblers will be a job for "more experienced" scribes maybe?
Jean & Tux
Montana

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 07:59:55 AM »
This is really cool!  I can't wait to try it!  I do have a few questions though....

1)  Is the SCT time different for Novice, open and elite?  I think I understand that the gamble line is the same for all courses

2)  Can you do the finish obstacle in either direction?   In this course it could be that you did the weaves, then middle jump (blue) and then did a 180 to the finish jump but you would be coming from the opposite direction to do the finish hoop.  Or even came off the dogwalk, did the blue hoop to the blue jump and back to the finish hoop from the opposite direction.

3)  Can I do the gamble obstacles after the I have already done the gamble to get extra points?   On this course, say we did the gamble, then I brought my dog through the hoop back onto the course, did the weaves and then the gamble a second time?  Is that points assuming we got the gamble the first time through. 

4) Can I do a gamble obstacle in the opposite direction during the course before doing the gamble.  In this case, the start jump, blue jump, blue hoop, dogwalk.....

Also, would it be possible for you to actually post the course map so we can see it as well. 
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 08:09:30 AM »
Definitely!

I don't have a screenshot of what the actual programs are using, I haven't had time to update my program yet.

But here is what we used at the testing locations.    Keeping in mind all the programs are going to be using a line by line style, so that a LOT more dogs can fit on a single sheet.   But it still gives an idea of the numbers being there to be circled :)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 08:13:12 AM »

1)  Is the SCT time different for Novice, open and elite?  I think I understand that the gamble line is the same for all courses

SCT is the same for all levels, but the points required to Q goes down, effectively giving the teams less that they have to do in that same amount of time.

2)  Can you do the finish obstacle in either direction?   In this course it could be that you did the weaves, then middle jump (blue) and then did a 180 to the finish jump but you would be coming from the opposite direction to do the finish hoop.  Or even came off the dogwalk, did the blue hoop to the blue jump and back to the finish hoop from the opposite direction.
Yes!   Long as your dog stops the timers, it's all good
3)  Can I do the gamble obstacles after the I have already done the gamble to get extra points?   On this course, say we did the gamble, then I brought my dog through the hoop back onto the course, did the weaves and then the gamble a second time?  Is that points assuming we got the gamble the first time through. 

Absolutely.   
4) Can I do a gamble obstacle in the opposite direction during the course before doing the gamble.  In this case, the start jump, blue jump, blue hoop, dogwalk.....

Yup!    The only time you wouldn't be able to do this is if the Gamble was Bi-Directional.   If that was the case it would be noted on the course map.   
Also, would it be possible for you to actually post the course map so we can see it as well. 

Sadly this course was gut built after the trial was over, so we don't actually have a map for this one

Marj Vincent

• Judge
  • GotDog? Trainer
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 08:22:27 AM »
As a side note for doing this particular gamble backwards.  A Team can only do the dw once for points...so not sure it would be beneficial to do the gamble backwards.  Doing it backwards would seem to be to be a lot of wasted time that you could be earning other points. 
Marj Vincent
Scotty & Java
Ontario, OR

"The most beautiful things in life are not things. They're people, and places, and memories and pictures.They're feelings, moments, smiles and laughter."

Jeanne Allen

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 02:48:40 PM »
I was at the trial this was filmed at.  Sorry, the picture is a bit blury.  Also excuse the notes I wrote on the map.
Jeanne Allen and the Blue Dogs Gypsy and Jester
Boise, ID

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 06:27:53 PM »
Is it going to be legal to have the timer display running and visible to the handler?

Thanks

Gina

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 07:31:07 AM »
Is it going to be legal to have the timer display running and visible to the handler?

Thanks

Gina

Nope.    We only had the display going for these test runs because we knew they were going to be used for educational purposes, and we wanted to be able to show the dogs time easily for the videos.

But for regular trials the timer needs to be unplugged or covered

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2019, 08:44:05 AM »
Just an FYI if you set the game horns in the timer box the time will not show during the run but when the finish obstacle is taken the dogs run time will show. 

That is how it works for Gamblers and FAST in the other venues.

M
Mary P.

Rena Bonem

• Trial Secretary
    • Baylor University Home Page
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2019, 08:51:30 AM »
I just let FarmTek know that Gamblers is back in NADAC so they can make any necessary changes to the timer firmware.  It looks like the only change will be display off until the finish line is crossed and the other details will be in the trial software.  If that is not correct let me know.  Mike is the person who will handle changes.  Cindy Holster is my contact with them. 
Rena
Rena Bonem, Trial Secretary Waco Agility Group
Brady and Lady Bug, Goldie: under couch potato, and Lucy, Will'em, and Tess, my agility angels

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2019, 01:59:54 PM »
As a side note for doing this particular gamble backwards.  A Team can only do the dw once for points...so not sure it would be beneficial to do the gamble backwards.  Doing it backwards would seem to be to be a lot of wasted time that you could be earning other points.

That makes sense!  I don't know how many times you can do each obstacle, but in a different gamble, without the DW, you would be able to do the gamble the other direction or use those obstacles again.
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso