Author Topic: Video and photographer at Champs  (Read 11101 times)

TeamHeavyMetal

Re: Video and photographer at Champs
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2019, 05:38:49 PM »
Wow! Even a thumb drive of my dog's runs is a pretty awesome keepsake. Excited to see how that goes down.  I want to cherish every moment of his first Champs!

SandeeStewie

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2019, 06:29:45 PM »
4 legged flix have a good, and some may say great, reputation.

In my opinion, plusses are an experienced outfit that can deliver what they say. They've been doing this for years.
Typically they have offered a package deal for competitors at a Nationals style event -- though prices at local events tend to be cheaper, a National event obviously has greater value to some. They may have different options for media, typically you can supply your own usb stick or purchase one from them and you can get all your videos put on that. They are usually setup to let you preview your runs.

Video quality is usually good enough (sorry, my standards are higher) -- if lighting is a factor, sometimes that has been more challenging for them (as it would for other videographers).
Higher quality video can be gotten (I do it with my own setup), but they are providing this to a potentially large customer base on demand at the show so their approach is perfectly understandable.

Only downside I have experienced worth noting is, if your dog is really fast, and if the camera operator isn't properly prepared there can be instances where the camera may need to play catchup -- doesn't happen all the time, but as one with a fast dog it happens enough to some of my runs; to be fair other videographers have been caught out on that also. 
Best means to avoid issues like these is to let the videographers locate their cameras where they think they are best located.
I've been in that situation where I've been told where I can setup & sometimes that can compromise on the quality of video.

Go to YouTube and you can see some of their work, including livestream.

Congratulations in getting 4LF on board, I'm sure they will provide a great service to you and hope to tune in if they broadcast this publicly - what better way to publicize the best of NADAC to a wider audience!

Matt.

Lynn Broderick

• Trial Secretary
  • "Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone"
    • www.petworksbuffalo.com
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2019, 06:29:41 PM »
any news on pre-ordering videos?

Lynn & Maverick
Lynn Broderick
Up and Over Dog Sports & Four Seasons Agility Club
and Team Speed:
Maverick, Quick
Amber and Riley (at the Bridge)

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
  • Fluid Motion Agility-For the Athlete in Your Dog!
    • Fluid Motion Agility
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2019, 06:32:21 PM »
It looks like they take orders at the event, nothing on pre-orders that they have sent me. :)

Amanda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amanda Nelson
Online Classes and Private Lessons available!
--
For the Athlete in Your Dog!
www.fluidmotionagility.com

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2019, 07:20:40 PM »
It has been a while since I had something taped by four-legged flicks. While they did a great job, their “product” was actually a small chip in what looks like a plastic credit card, so no thumb drive.  Things may have changed....
Diane

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2019, 06:03:24 AM »
It has been a while since I had something taped by four-legged flicks. While they did a great job, their “product” was actually a small chip in what looks like a plastic credit card, so no thumb drive.  Things may have changed....
Diane

They sell those for like $10 for anyone who forgot to bring their own thumb drive. You aren't required to use them.
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH3/NATCH4 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy, NATCH/ADCH Jedi & Ren

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/

knittingdog

• Cowtown Dog Sports
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2019, 06:36:32 AM »

So you have to have a chip reader to see them?  How big a thumb drive do you need?  Do they have a download option?

Robin

Lynn Broderick

• Trial Secretary
  • "Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone"
    • www.petworksbuffalo.com
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2019, 07:06:06 AM »
thanks for the info- will bring my flashdrive from last Champs.

Lynn
Lynn Broderick
Up and Over Dog Sports & Four Seasons Agility Club
and Team Speed:
Maverick, Quick
Amber and Riley (at the Bridge)

Beth OK

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2019, 06:27:04 PM »
Any idea what size thumb drive you would need?

Connie Day

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2019, 07:58:51 PM »

So you have to have a chip reader to see them?  How big a thumb drive do you need?  Do they have a download option?

Robin

Hi Robin,

I have the credit card like drives from 4 Legged Flixs, it works just like a jump drive, fits into a normal usb spot.  I don't know the size of a thumb drive you would need.  And I don't remember if they had a download option.

Connie

knittingdog

• Cowtown Dog Sports
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2019, 06:11:51 AM »

Hi Robin,

I have the credit card like drives from 4 Legged Flixs, it works just like a jump drive, fits into a normal usb spot.  I don't know the size of a thumb drive you would need.  And I don't remember if they had a download option.

Connie

Thank you Connie.  That makes me feel better.  USB I can do!  Will bring the thumb dive just in case.

Robin

DebbieP

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2019, 07:50:09 AM »
Any word on pre-order packages.... or any info at all from the video vendor?  It's less than 2 weeks, and I'm trying to plan a bit. Thanks.
Debbie Potter in Louisville KY with
NATCH-4, V-NATCH-4, All-Around-NATCH Dylan the BC
Java Joe the amped-up All American
Trial Secretary for RuFF Agility of KY

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
  • Fluid Motion Agility-For the Athlete in Your Dog!
    • Fluid Motion Agility
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2019, 07:51:30 AM »
Any word on pre-order packages.... or any info at all from the video vendor?  It's less than 2 weeks, and I'm trying to plan a bit. Thanks.

It looks like most of their shows you order at their booth. They have been crazy busy and haven’t gotten back to me on that yet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amanda Nelson
Online Classes and Private Lessons available!
--
For the Athlete in Your Dog!
www.fluidmotionagility.com

TeamHeavyMetal

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2019, 06:03:42 PM »
So can someone clarify for me?  I didn't quite get the answer to my question.  4 Legged Flix will literally video every single dog and then compile a video of just your dog for you?  IF so, do we know how much they generally charge?  I am happy to bring my own thumb drive, but want to make sure it is the right size.  I have several drives if they can't fit it on one drive.  Is that allowed/acceptable?

Thanks for all your info y'all. Sorry for all the newbie questions.

Carolynn and Six

RobertStewart

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2019, 10:48:05 AM »
So can someone clarify for me?  I didn't quite get the answer to my question.  4 Legged Flix will literally video every single dog and then compile a video of just your dog for you?  IF so, do we know how much they generally charge?  I am happy to bring my own thumb drive, but want to make sure it is the right size.  I have several drives if they can't fit it on one drive.  Is that allowed/acceptable?

Thanks for all your info y'all. Sorry for all the newbie questions.

Carolynn and Six

they have specific requirements for thumb drives, you'd have to check their website for that info.  Everyone is in transit to Ohio now, so we likely won't hear much the next several days.
Robert Stewart
NATCH-4 Sidheag, PAX, MXP3, MXJP3, MFP, APD

Wynndzor, ECC, OJC, EAC, TG-E, S-TN-E, WV-E, BR-E, HP-O AX, AXJ, AXF

At the Bridge
NATCH-12, V-NATCH-11, AA-NATCH-4, MACH-2, PACH, ADCH/LAA, Platinum, PDCH-Bronze, Rocket Man
NATCH-4  MACH PDCH Brnz Ellie
NATCH-4  Misty Leigh
NATCH-4  "Q!"