Author Topic: leash question  (Read 401 times)

Amy McGovern

leash question
« on: August 21, 2019, 08:49:49 AM »
Where is the leash going to be at the end of the champs runs?  I'm sure we are not allowed to ask for non-default like we do at a regular show.  Please don't @ me for asking this.  So many people don't think it matters or we should just be ready to roll and just start criticizing.  I have a reason for asking and I am just asking for information, not complaining.  So please only answer if you are part of the champs crew that actually knows the answer...

Thanks!

-Amy
Amy and the schnauzers

KellyDittmar

Re: leash question
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 05:48:59 AM »
Hi Amy -

Of course, I don't know the answer... but I am sorry you've had a bad leash experience in the past and hope you've said something to the judge so it can be clarified at your local shows. :(

Kelly
Kelly Dittmar
Sam & Jake
Minnesota

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 08:51:18 AM »
In the past, the leash has always been sitting on a chair at the end of the run along with your bag of treats or your toy. 
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Amy McGovern

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 09:52:00 AM »
Ok, thanks.  I was in pre-elite last year and that's what I recalled but I wasn't sure about elite.  Plus now they have this bucket system and I was wondering if it would end up there.
Amy and the schnauzers

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 10:18:07 AM »
For Champs we always leave it on a chair at the end of the run.   That way it's the same for everyone.   There is normally a box on the chair as well that everything gets put into.

It's set up so that the last obstacle takes you the majority of the way past the curtains, and then it's the handlers job to get leashed up as quickly as possible.   Keeping in mind the next dog will be starting basically as soon as the timer stop running.   So it's very important to get leashed up, since if your dog runs back on course that's a problem :)

Amy McGovern

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 10:53:37 AM »
Thank you!  Running back into the ring isn't my reason for asking.  Just wanted to know where it was and how it would be.  Thanks again!
Amy and the schnauzers