Author Topic: scoring question  (Read 6621 times)

Amy McGovern

Re: scoring question
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 07:39:39 PM »
Glad they made it :) I still gather that scoring is unclear across the heights but I didn't realize the JH award was the only one across heights... I mean there are lots of "highest scoring from X" or "highest scoring blue dog" or whatever.  Those also cross heights so I just figured there was a formula.
Amy and the schnauzers

David Tharle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2019, 07:43:55 PM »
Given the number of JHs coming this year and the fact that 2nd highest was on the list, I sponsored it figuring one of the 6 kids would be happy to go home with it.

I also sponsored one titled "2nd Highest Scoring Junior Handler" so if there are two, I suppose it's too late to change one to say 3rd or something else JH related.  I had sponsored the "Highest Scoring JH in Pre-Elite" in 2018 Gillette, but that wasn't an option listed this year.  Didn't realize the inequity of scoring across jump height groups.
Dave Tharle
Ardmore, AB

Amy McGovern

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2019, 07:13:41 AM »
Given the number of JHs coming this year and the fact that 2nd highest was on the list, I sponsored it figuring one of the 6 kids would be happy to go home with it.

I also sponsored one titled "2nd Highest Scoring Junior Handler" so if there are two, I suppose it's too late to change one to say 3rd or something else JH related.  I had sponsored the "Highest Scoring JH in Pre-Elite" in 2018 Gillette, but that wasn't an option listed this year.  Didn't realize the inequity of scoring across jump height groups.

I think you beat me to it.  I sponsored several this year and I had that one on my agenda and swore I had done it but the is the one that was already done by the time I went to do my last sponsor.  Or so my receipts indicate :)
Amy and the schnauzers

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2019, 06:06:42 PM »
Glad they made it :) I still gather that scoring is unclear across the heights but I didn't realize the JH award was the only one across heights... I mean there are lots of "highest scoring from X" or "highest scoring blue dog" or whatever.  Those also cross heights so I just figured there was a formula.

All of the sponsor bars are done by nadac participants, never NADAC.    So any bars that you see that are highest scoring Lab or Border Collie or anything else, aren't really supported by us.

To be honest I've wanted to get rid of the sponsor bars for a couple years because of this very reason.

Amy McGovern

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2019, 08:12:17 PM »
All of the sponsor bars are done by nadac participants, never NADAC.    So any bars that you see that are highest scoring Lab or Border Collie or anything else, aren't really supported by us.

To be honest I've wanted to get rid of the sponsor bars for a couple years because of this very reason.

About the only thing left to say is: LOL!  Guess that answers my questions at least :)
Amy and the schnauzers