Author Topic: Need help with iPhone 6S and YouTube  (Read 1043 times)

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Need help with iPhone 6S and YouTube
« on: November 29, 2019, 02:02:11 PM »
This should probably go under VT runs, but maybe there's someone out there smart enough to help who doesn't look there!

I have an iPhone 6S, on which I recently updated to the latest iOS.
I have some VT runs recorded on the phone that I'd like to submit, so I thought:  piece o' cake, I'll just copy them to YouTube.

I've done this (the copying part) many many times from my phone.  However, none since this latest update.  The YouTube icon that was there before is now not there.

I've been on the phone with Apple support at least half an hour, and have gotten disconnected both times before a solution was found.
I stopped at my local Verizon store today - no idea what to do. 
I *may* have an option to find a real Apple technician in person next week, but meanwhile, I'd sure like to get these runs submitted!

This is probably too much for the Forum (and those not interested!).  But if someone has this ancient version of an iPhone, and has any ideas that might help, I would so greatly appreciate it!!!

PM is fine, and phone calls eventually might be better.

TIA,
diane

Team Twodog

Re: Need help with iPhone 6S and YouTube
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 02:48:35 PM »
Hi Diane,

You have to use the YouTube app now. Uploading directly to YouTube from the camera roll is no longer available.

Detailed instructions are here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407
Kim

MoabDiane

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 06:05:16 PM »
If you want to go to PMs, just let me know.

I have tried what the link suggests.  When I sign in to YouTube (and yes, I've signed out and back in....twice! And in and out of Google.  And in and out of my phone!), I see the camera icon.  When I click on it, I get a "go to settings>youtube, and allow access to photos, camera and microphone."  I do that, but when I go back to youtube, I have the same screen, a never-ending loop. 

diane

Team Twodog

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 10:32:56 PM »
Sent you a PM
Kim

MoabDiane

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 03:03:04 PM »
Just a public and huge THANK YOU to Team Twodog - I got it!!

diane