Author Topic: Two more Temporary VT Adjustments  (Read 1216 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Two more Temporary VT Adjustments
« on: March 16, 2020, 04:49:44 PM »
Alright folks last post for the day! 

As another measure to increase the ability of people to still play with their dogs, while keeping the group numbers low we are making two more temporary adjustments to the VT Program:

1) Slatted contacts will be allowed for video submissions
2) Winged jumps can be substituted for wing-less jumps

Hopefully this opens up the ability to play to a few more areas so that everyone can stay sane during this time :)

John H. Gooldy

• 4 Paws Embroidery
Re: Two more Temporary VT Adjustments
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 12:39:21 PM »
Thanks. Found it also
John and Ida Gooldy
4 Paws Embroidery

John H. Gooldy

• 4 Paws Embroidery
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 12:59:16 PM »
Thanks.
John and Ida Gooldy
4 Paws Embroidery

cgammage

• Practice Makes Pawfect
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 08:11:18 AM »
I have another request for the VT runs.  Can some of the non-Regular courses have a Round 2 option where the course is run backwards?  Giving people additional attempts for a Q with the same setup?  I'm specifically thinking Touch n Go, but Jumpers, Hoopers, Weavers, Barrelers and Tunnelers I would think could all have Round 2's pretty easily.

Saves you guys on course design and helps people not have to change equipment (contacts esp) around as much.

Thanks for considering it. 
We are having a great time trying out Virtual Runs.
Christy
Christy

Karl Schulzki

• Judge
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 09:01:05 AM »
I'd be concerned about reversing certain courses; Touch n Go especially.   A safe exit from a contact may not reverse to a safe entrance.  Some challenges change considerably in the reverse of a course as well. 
I understand that some are looking for more courses, but lets be sure to not compromise the value of the courses available.  I think Chris and the team are being very generous at this time. 
Once my yard has melted and dried(probably not till beginning of May) I will want to do VT's as well, but I would want the courses to be at par with what I would see at trial. 

Just my 5 cents worth (Canada doesn"t have pennies any more.  LOL)

Karl Schulzki

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Owner/Trainer GotDog? LLC
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 09:59:02 AM »
No you just cant take a course and run the reverse.  Sometimes it works, but many times it does not.  The course team is trying to give lots of options for you guys and then Chris gave the double run option as well.  So at this time just reversing courses isnt an option.  Unless Chris says otherwise :)
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com

Sandy Langan

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 12:14:19 PM »
I agree you guys are really giving us a lot of options. My request would maybe include a couple more jumpers and Hoopers courses for those who donít have access to contacts and a lot of tunnels right now. Sandy

cgammage

• Practice Makes Pawfect
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 02:04:40 PM »
Obviously, the reverse of a course would need to be verified as safe before being offered as a VT option.  But in the cases where it _is_ safe, I think it would be easier for all concerned offering a Round 2 (reverse) than having to design/build some other equipment setup as a course.

Christy
Christy