Author Topic: Championships Qualifications  (Read 1762 times)

Kyle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Championships Qualifications
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2020, 08:25:40 AM »
In all honesty, just stating the fact that this year just isn't going to be a year that NADAC can donate towards anything in a "swag bag" should be a perfect answer. No t-shirt, no bar, no goodies, no bag - period. People are going to lose their businesses this year no matter what, so, asking small business NADAC to pony up for a shirt and a personalized bar, a fun bag and other goodies seems kind of otherworldly....

Why not include (meaning: revise now) on the entry form for Champs there will be no goodie bag and that if you want a t-shirt it will be $?? dollars (your cost - heck add in an extra buck to two or ten if you want, gotta pay the bills!) and a separate spot to check if they want a bar and it will be $?? (your cost + whatever). We pay it ahead with our entry so you have the money and aren't *generously* giving this stuff to us when you shouldn't have to. Anybody who has already entered can get a kindly written note about the option to purchase a shirt and bar.

Obviously this way we are helping two small businesses out - Chris with his shirts and whoever he hires to do the bars. Win/win. Yay!

2020 is a vastly different year than any other year and we can't expect Championships to be exactly the same (as we'd like it to be). I agree with Chris that I feel this is going to go on longer than April or May and the effects will linger long after that.

Just my opinion as a person who would be willing to buy a shirt and/or bar if I want it. Especially THIS year. (This year sucks....)

-Kyle

Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

agilityaddict2

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 08:44:45 AM »
Totally agree with Kyle. IF we get to have a Champs this year, I dont think NADAC should have to lay out any extra $ for swag bags. I personally want to go to Champs for me and my dog, so if I didnt get a bag I wouldn't be upset. For those that want one, maybe there could be a spot on the entry for you to check and it will say how much it will cost you.

Jean Sather (McCreight)

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 01:43:07 PM »
This seems to me like a good idea Kyle.  Well stated.
Jean & Tux
Montana

RobertStewart

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 02:22:34 PM »
In all honesty, just stating the fact that this year just isn't going to be a year that NADAC can donate towards anything in a "swag bag" should be a perfect answer. No t-shirt, no bar, no goodies, no bag - period. People are going to lose their businesses this year no matter what, so, asking small business NADAC to pony up for a shirt and a personalized bar, a fun bag and other goodies seems kind of otherworldly....

Why not include (meaning: revise now) on the entry form for Champs there will be no goodie bag and that if you want a t-shirt it will be $?? dollars (your cost - heck add in an extra buck to two or ten if you want, gotta pay the bills!) and a separate spot to check if they want a bar and it will be $?? (your cost + whatever). We pay it ahead with our entry so you have the money and aren't *generously* giving this stuff to us when you shouldn't have to. Anybody who has already entered can get a kindly written note about the option to purchase a shirt and bar.

Obviously this way we are helping two small businesses out - Chris with his shirts and whoever he hires to do the bars. Win/win. Yay!

2020 is a vastly different year than any other year and we can't expect Championships to be exactly the same (as we'd like it to be). I agree with Chris that I feel this is going to go on longer than April or May and the effects will linger long after that.

Just my opinion as a person who would be willing to buy a shirt and/or bar if I want it. Especially THIS year. (This year sucks....)

-Kyle

These are some great ideas Kyle. I do like the T-shirts however, I have no problem at with paying a bit extra for them. It could all go on a pre-order basis, I love the sweatshirt I bought at Champs last year.
Robert Stewart

NATCH-12, V-NATCH-11, AA-NATCH-3, MACH-2, PACH, ADCH/LAA, Platinum, PDCH-Bronze, VVD  Rocket Man

NATCH-2 Sidheag, PAX, MXP3, MXJP3, MFP, APD

Wynndzor, ECC, OJC, OAC, TG-E, S-TN-E, WV-E, BR-E, HP-O AX, AXJ, AXF

At the Bridge
NATCH-4  "Mama" Ellie
NATCH-4  Misty Leigh
NATCH-4   Q

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 02:46:47 PM »
Hey Chris:  Is the crating reservation still going to take place beginning April 1st?  Eternal optimist here wants to be sure I get the Texas Crating area reserved  :) :) :)
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Janice_Shavor

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 03:28:52 PM »
I'm good with one bag per person (if there is a bag).  And I would pay for the shirt and the bar.  Love both!
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, & Walker

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 05:53:51 PM »
Hey Chris:  Is the crating reservation still going to take place beginning April 1st?  Eternal optimist here wants to be sure I get the Texas Crating area reserved  :) :) :)

I should probably get working on that!

I got a bit distracted and haven't even set it up yet, but yes we should still be able to get it up :)

Karen Birdsong

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2020, 03:38:05 PM »
  Suggestion...postpone the crating assignments.  I've talked to several people that would like to go to 2020 Champs, but with all that's going on in our lives right now,they are not ready to think too seriously about it, let along commit right now. 

A large number of exhibitors have no yards, no place to work and train their dogs right now.  This makes it harder to think about going to Champs, when you can't train. 

Many groups like to crate together, but I imagine many do not have a realistic count of spots needed right now.  I'm sure NADAC does not want us to "guess" at a number as it creates a lot of shifting as the event days near.

Anyway, I take some pressure off yourself (NADAC) and let this go for a while.   MHO
Karen Birdsong,
and the Aussie boys.. Monte and Lake.

Lorrie Stelz

• My website
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2020, 07:41:05 AM »
I agree.  I think crating reservations should hold for a few months.  No one knows how Coronavirus will affect qualifications and plans.
Lorrie Stelz
Kaiden: NATCH 16 V-NATCH 13 AA NATCH 5 Tartan Bay More Than Meets The Eye PT BN RI MX MXJ MXF EGC TKI IT
Tripp: NATCH 8 V-NATCH 6 AA NATCH 4 BB's Embrace The Journey CD BN RN EGC TKI IT
Sketch: BB's Nothin' But A Good Time IAC IJC ICC TG-I BR-N HP-N WV-I TKI IT

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2020, 04:39:24 PM »
Well the thing is, crating reservations are free.  And they're very easy to open back up.

And, crating reservations are usually how we get an actual accurate view of how many people are coming, because they may not answer surveys, but folks will reserve their crating spot immediately.

So it's open and I'm happy with that decision.

There will be spots taken, and we're encouraging people to have multiple people in a single spot so we don't have a repeat of 2018.   

Unless we get over 360 dogs, we have ample enough room for everyone, so even if you aren't sure about entering you can at least get crating figured out now, and we can always delete it later to open up a spot for someone else