Author Topic: Championships Qualifications  (Read 2709 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Championships Qualifications
« on: March 24, 2020, 03:29:19 PM »
There have been some questions about how Championships Qualifications will work, with all of the cancelled trials.

At this point we aren't going to publish any changes, since we are right in the thick of things, and we don't know when trials are going to be able to start again.

But rest assured there will 100% be adjustments to the qualifying criteria for this year.   We just have to know the final damage, before we decide what those changes are :)

agilityaddict2

Re: Championships Qualifications
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 12:42:36 PM »
Well, I for one will be excited if Champs is able to still be held, but I am not exactly hopeful. I know it must cost a lot of money that NADAC probably wont have with all the cancellations of trials.
On a somewhat related note . If there is any way members can help NADAC financially please let us know. I dont mean to make Champs happen, I mean to keep you afloat as an agility venue in general.  Go fund me, from what I heard ,takes a large portion of the money for themselves. Maybe you could set up a special bank account that we could send donations to. After speaking  with my nadac friends, there are a lot of competitors who are happy to send something to help the organization we all love and want to see continue when this is all over.

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 01:23:09 PM »
Well, I for one will be excited if Champs is able to still be held, but I am not exactly hopeful. I know it must cost a lot of money that NADAC probably wont have with all the cancellations of trials.
On a somewhat related note . If there is any way members can help NADAC financially please let us know. I dont mean to make Champs happen, I mean to keep you afloat as an agility venue in general.  Go fund me, from what I heard ,takes a large portion of the money for themselves. Maybe you could set up a special bank account that we could send donations to. After speaking  with my nadac friends, there are a lot of competitors who are happy to send something to help the organization we all love and want to see continue when this is all over.

One thing people can do - if they have the place to do it - is to do VTs.  Not only does it keep you and your dog "in shape", but for every successful run you are also "contributing" $10 to NADAC's expenses.  I'm sure it's not equivalent to their normal weekend trial income, but it has to be a help.
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 02:38:04 PM »
I'm not opposed to doing a fund-raising deal.

We already have all the accounts required to take in donations, so the cost isn't a huge issue.

I just want that to be a last resort :)

MoabDiane

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 05:36:18 PM »
Depending....of course, on a lot of things!
But let's say that Champs actually happens - hooray!

Is there some way we could all agree to make it less expensive?
I LOVE the 'swag bags' we get - but other than the commemorative shirt, is there anything else that folks MUST have?
Or maybe some way to "take or not take" some of the other things?

I know awards are expensive, but am guessing that folks who deserve those really do want them!
But perhaps this year, they could be a bit less pricey?

I'm totally open to whatever, just thought I'd throw that out there for consideration!

Hang in there, y'all, and wash your hands!
diane

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 06:03:57 PM »
Depending....of course, on a lot of things!
But let's say that Champs actually happens - hooray!

Is there some way we could all agree to make it less expensive?
I LOVE the 'swag bags' we get - but other than the commemorative shirt, is there anything else that folks MUST have?
Or maybe some way to "take or not take" some of the other things?

I know awards are expensive, but am guessing that folks who deserve those really do want them!
But perhaps this year, they could be a bit less pricey?

I'm totally open to whatever, just thought I'd throw that out there for consideration!

Hang in there, y'all, and wash your hands!
diane

Agree.  What's important is that we get to participate with our pups.  Yes, swag is great.  But definitely not necessary - especially in these circumstances.  It would be hard if it was just - people don't take what they don't want/need.  NADAC wouldn't know until Champs was underway and purchases are made way in advance. 

So (1) - lighten up on whatever they've been purchasing for the bags and save expenses and

TWO:  Only ONE bag (or whatever it is) PER HANDLER.  Some of us have 2, 3, or even 4 or more dogs entered.  We certainly don't need that many bags or whatever.  And even the same with shirts.  One per handler is plenty.

It's a long way until we get to the point of being able to celebrate at Champs.  But if we DO get to, then let's concentrate on the joy of being there and reduce the unnecessary expenses as much as possible.
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 07:23:19 PM »
How about when we get to play agility again clubs look into putting on a fundraiser? Some that are already scheduled are likely to get canceled.  No ribbons   necessary and hopefully can use a judge or judges that are local orwould be coming anyway and agreeable to judge for free. (Or for a free entry).

Gina Pizzo

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 10:48:32 AM »
Champs this year could definitely have some creative things happening!

The swag bags last year were about 25% of the budget for the event.   So it definitely makes up a large portion.   Luckily a lot of the stuff that people really liked last year, I can make myself through MRC Ink, so I can just do those at cost and it will be a LOT cheaper.

Ribbons and awards are about the same, at about 25% of the budget.

The remaining 50% was used for judges, workers, food expenses, facility costs, travel costs, misc stuff like the vendor banners, purple curtains etc.

So depending on how things go, we might try to find a way to lower those costs a bit.    We'll definitely keep everyone aware of what's happening.

Again a BIG advantage we have is that I have MRC Ink now, so anything that we normally would need to be ordering in June, which is anything customized like the bags, notebooks etc, those can all be pushed back a LOT farther since we can do them in house now.   So I could wait to order everything until probably August 1st.    So we have that at least.

MoabDiane

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 11:41:00 AM »
This Forum needs a "LIKE" button!

I love Marcie's idea about one bag per competitor, vs. per dog.  I'm only running one now, but yeah.  Two (or more) is excessive!
And yay for Chris and his INK business!!!  Still - cost is cost. We shall not be greedy!

Stay safe everyone - and wash your hands!
diane

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 12:09:06 PM »
Chris will it help if people enter champs and side runs now?  At least that gives you some cash now?

Gina Pizzo

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 12:21:28 PM »
Chris will it help if people enter champs and side runs now?  At least that gives you some cash now?

Gina Pizzo

Honestly I am okay with people waiting.    I don't really want to think that Champs could be cancelled, but if it does happen it would be easier to have fewer transactions to go through and refund.

I'm still optimistic, but that possibility is definitely still out there.

Amy McGovern

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 02:20:12 PM »
Re swag:  I'd be 100% happy with paying for whatever swag we want.  I'd personally pay for the t shirt and the bar.  :). Don't know how true that is for others.

-Amy
Amy and the schnauzers

Dieselblonde

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 05:05:03 PM »
I am more than happy to pay for my swag too!!
Thank you for all you do for us!!!!

Richard Wolfe

• The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 05:23:18 PM »
I've always appreciated the swag!!!!  Really good stuff!!!  But that's not why I do this!!!!
Richard Wolfe
Rumor and Raven
Sparkle HOF and Rowdy, Gold Achievement Cup waiting at the Bridge

RobertStewart

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 06:50:50 PM »
Re swag:  I'd be 100% happy with paying for whatever swag we want.  I'd personally pay for the t shirt and the bar.  :). Don't know how true that is for others.

-Amy

Totally agree with this one.
Robert Stewart
NATCH-4 Sidheag, PAX, MXP3, MXJP3, MFP, APD

Wynndzor, ECC, OJC, EAC, TG-E, S-TN-E, WV-E, BR-E, HP-O AX, AXJ, AXF

At the Bridge
NATCH-12, V-NATCH-11, AA-NATCH-4, MACH-2, PACH, ADCH/LAA, Platinum, PDCH-Bronze, Rocket Man
NATCH-4  MACH PDCH Brnz Ellie
NATCH-4  Misty Leigh
NATCH-4  "Q!"