Author Topic: VT Questions  (Read 853 times)

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Owner/Trainer GotDog? LLC
    • GotDog? LLC
VT Questions
« on: April 18, 2020, 08:11:22 AM »
Hey all,

Just going to answer some questions we have been getting :)

1. There is no 5 pt Qs in Regular in the VT program
2. Even if there is a Gamblers map, it is not a course that is part of the VT program.  You can set and practice, but can not send in for Qualifications
3. There are no Bonus Submissions in the VT program
4. Just like a regular trial weekend, you cannot run different levels of the same course.  So you cant run Novice jumpers of Stuffed then also run Open jumpers of Stuffed.
5. When you get your email and it says TBD, please check your dogs point history.  It should be listed there as received.  Once Chris does the points merge it will then be added to your dogs points.
6. Contacts must be visible in the video.  We need to actually be able to see that your dog performs the contact.  If the video quality is poor or you video from the upside, if there is any doubt your run will be NQ'ed.
7. Make sure you select the right level and class for the run you are submitting.
8. Create a separate batch for each course name OR put the name of the course in your video label.

Here is the link to the rulebook

https://www.nadac.com/WPsite/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/NADAC-Exhibitor_MasterFile-Rev-2.25.20.pdf

VT Rules are Appendix 8, page 34

Hope this helps!  You guys are doing awesome :)  Glad everyone is taking advantage of the VT program and enjoying it!

Jeannie
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 08:17:10 AM by Jeannie Biggers »
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com

cherhart

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: VT Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 01:29:58 PM »
Hey Jeannie,

I have two 15' tunnels and one 20' tunnel. If a course, like chances calls for 3-15' tunnels could I substitute my 20' tunnel for one of the 15' tunnels (if it doesn't change the flow?

Thanks,
Cheryl
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 01:59:43 PM by cherhart »
cherhart

cherhart

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 02:01:08 PM »
Oops, just found your answer under VT Questions. I will email Support Team.  Thanks
cherhart

Lauri

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 01:35:51 PM »
VT Questions

If you set a course and run it as a double run, but only one run was (clean) submitted for Review and you Qualify, Can you then on a different day set that same course and submit another run for qualification for round 2.

If you Submit a video for both run 1 & 2 (double run) and you do NOT qualify, can you run the course again on a different day and submit the video for qualification review and points?

Thank you
Lauri

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 11:05:17 AM by Lauri »

RobertStewart

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 02:14:10 PM »
VT Questions

1) If you set a course and run it as a double run, but only one run was (clean) submitted for Review and you Qualify, Can you then on a different day set that same course and submit another run for qualification for round 2.

2)If you Submit a video for both run 1 & 2 (double run) and you do NOT qualify, can you run the course again on a different day and submit the video for qualification review and points?

3) If you set and run a course and it is not a clean run for either round 1 or 2  you can continue to try each day while the course is still within its dates of availability?

Thank you
Lauri

my understanding is no to all three questions. Although if you had a non qualifying run, definitely practice it, learn what you need to do  and improve your skills; But you can only submit the very first video. There are no "mulligans" 
Robert Stewart

NATCH-12, V-NATCH-11, AA-NATCH-3, MACH-2, PACH, ADCH/LAA, Platinum, PDCH-Bronze, VVD  Rocket Man

NATCH-2 Sidheag, PAX, MXP3, MXJP3, MFP, APD

Wynndzor, ECC, OJC, OAC, TG-E, S-TN-E, WV-E, BR-E, HP-O AX, AXJ, AXF

At the Bridge
NATCH-4  "Mama" Ellie
NATCH-4  Misty Leigh
NATCH-4   Q

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 04:51:32 PM »
I run a lot of Vt
Nope to all three

Even with the double run format nothing else has changed.
You dont get to practice - whole course or sequences. Its as trial. Set course. Walk it. Run.
Now you can run it twice for now, but its still like a trial, only first two runs count. If they dont q there are no do overs.

Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Owner/Trainer GotDog? LLC
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 06:04:06 PM »
VT Questions

1) If you set a course and run it as a double run, but only one run was (clean) submitted for Review and you Qualify, Can you then on a different day set that same course and submit another run for qualification for round 2.

2)If you Submit a video for both run 1 & 2 (double run) and you do NOT qualify, can you run the course again on a different day and submit the video for qualification review and points?

3) If you set and run a course and it is not a clean run for either round 1 or 2  you can continue to try each day while the course is still within its dates of availability?

Thank you
Lauri

No, once you run a course twice (double run), whether you Q or not, that course is now "dead" as far as submitting it to NADAC for a Q.  That also means you can not do that same course at a different level. 
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com

Petiteagility

• Judge
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 08:56:36 AM »
Looking at the VT maps for the rest of the month and notice that for the 4 Regular courses York requires 4 tunnels (1 is 20’), Drummond requires 3 tunnels, Avocado requires 3 tunnels (1 is 20’), and Pine requires 2 tunnels (1 is 20 feet). Is there any way we can get an 80x100 or 90x90 that has only 2 tunnels that are 15’?

My folks would greatly appreciate it since I only have two 15’ NADAC tunnels. I just don’t have the money to buy more tunnels right now. If we cannot get a map set, I will have to see if the Gulf Coast Chihuahua Club will loan some tunnels out to me.

Melissa Wallace
Petite Agility on the Gulf Coast (with five 16” x 12’ tunnels!)
Melissa Wallace
Petite Agility on the Gulf Coast

Linda L

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 03:26:18 PM »
I'm looking for information on the number of jumping classes that can be offered in a day at a club-sponsored VT.  Is it "legal" to offer 2 runs of Regular 1 and 2 Runs of Regular 2, and 2 runs of Jumpers?  (6 jumping classes in a day). If it is legal, is it a recommended practice, or  would it be better to limit the jumping classes and run a ground game instead?  Thanks in advance for your response.

RobertStewart

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 04:36:31 PM »
I'm looking for information on the number of jumping classes that can be offered in a day at a club-sponsored VT.  Is it "legal" to offer 2 runs of Regular 1 and 2 Runs of Regular 2, and 2 runs of Jumpers?  (6 jumping classes in a day). If it is legal, is it a recommended practice, or  would it be better to limit the jumping classes and run a ground game instead?  Thanks in advance for your response.

They have currently temporarily removed the restrictions. Which you can see on the front of the nadac.com website. However, do you really want your dog to do that much jumping in a day? Agility is fairly high impact for the dogs and aerobic for the handlers (just watch us old chunky people huffing and puffing on a course) One of the things I LOVE most about NADAC, is all of the flat work classes, barrelers, tunnelers, hoopers, weavers. Add some in and have a blast!
Robert Stewart

NATCH-12, V-NATCH-11, AA-NATCH-3, MACH-2, PACH, ADCH/LAA, Platinum, PDCH-Bronze, VVD  Rocket Man

NATCH-2 Sidheag, PAX, MXP3, MXJP3, MFP, APD

Wynndzor, ECC, OJC, OAC, TG-E, S-TN-E, WV-E, BR-E, HP-O AX, AXJ, AXF

At the Bridge
NATCH-4  "Mama" Ellie
NATCH-4  Misty Leigh
NATCH-4   Q

Linda L

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 05:33:30 PM »
Robert,  I  agree.   Barrelers and Weavers are my favorite classes.   Asking for my committee.   ;)