Author Topic: 2021 Champs qualifications  (Read 1305 times)

kirbysmom2000

• Trial Secretary
2021 Champs qualifications
« on: July 03, 2020, 01:22:04 PM »
I apologize in advance to those in the NADAC office. I know you guys are still dealing with 2020, but I need to ask the question...

Do you have any information on what the qualification requirements will be for next year's Champs? We have a local trial the first weekend of new qualification year (fingers crossed New York stays trending in the right direction) and, with limited local trials, I need to be strategic about which classes we enter.

I know that there are so many moving pieces and that so much depends on how many trials are able to be held, but a "in a perfect world, these are what you would need" direction would be helpful.

Thanks!

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: 2021 Champs qualifications
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 11:53:38 AM »
Perfect world:   
The qualification requirements would stay the same as they originally were for this year, which can be found here:
https://www.nadac.com/WPsite/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/InfoSheet2020.pdf

Imperfect world:
If things go pear shaped this fall/winter/spring then it's very possible that requirements would get lightened/removed like we did this year.
From August 1st to December 31st we already have almost 7% fewer trials from cancellations.    And that number will most likely get severely worse if things get bad.

So it's really just a waiting game to see what we end up with this fall/winter.

But we'll definitely adjust the requirements accordingly with cancellations

kirbysmom2000

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 09:45:55 AM »
Thanks for the information, Chris! It definitely helps to know to enter lots of Regulars and to not have to worry about any particular special classes. I don't know if my older girl will be running at a Champs level next fall, but I'm going to plan for the best. And maybe her goofball younger brother will grow up enough in the next year to consider pre-Elite.

Amy

BessBC

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 04:17:22 PM »
I had just asked this question about qualifying for champs a few minutes ago....sorry, I am new to the forum...and I found my answer of what I need to qualify. does the qualifying period start after the first of the year?

Richard Wolfe

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 05:19:54 PM »
The qualifying period has always been from Aug 1 to July 31 before Champs. That can be adjusted a bit if the dates fall on a weekend, I believe, which would give a day or 2 extra.
Richard Wolfe
Rumor and Raven
Sparkle HOF and Rowdy, Gold Achievement Cup waiting at the Bridge