Author Topic: Private Message function  (Read 2217 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Private Message function
« on: September 17, 2012, 11:50:42 AM »
Hey Gals/Guys,

If you receive an email saying you got a Private Message through the forum, you can't reply to that email.

Well you can, but the recipient won't get it :)  It will get sent to me, which then confuses me greatly.

So in summary:  If you get a private message through the forum you have to actually come into the forum to respond to it 8)

Murrelet Halterman

• Judge
Re: Private Message function
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 01:09:02 PM »
So if we click on the little envelope under a person's name, are we sending that person a private message? If so, and if they want to respond, they have to come to the forum, find our name, and click on the little envelope to send a private response. Correct?

Thanks for the clarification!

Murrelet
Murrelet Halterman
Avian Researcher At Large

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 01:16:43 PM »
So if we click on the little envelope under a person's name, are we sending that person a private message? If so, and if they want to respond, they have to come to the forum, find our name, and click on the little envelope to send a private response. Correct?

Thanks for the clarification!

Murrelet

Close :)

The envelope will actually send an email directly to the email address they have listed.  Just like if you were to send an email from your mail service.  To be honest I don't understand this feature, as I would just open up my mail service and send an email that way.

The Private message button is the little bubble, directly to the right of the envelope :)

If you send someone a PM it will go to their message folder.  So in order to respond they just have to click on 'Messages' up above and respond that way :)

Pam Kaye

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 01:58:11 PM »
Well, I just used the envelope button last night since I didn't have Emily's email in my saved contacts.  Very helpful.

Pam Kaye
Cash, Cirrus and Flame
Sequim, WA