Author Topic: VH at Champs  (Read 801 times)

Kathy Phelan

VH at Champs
« on: October 24, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »
I'm late in offering my appreciation and congratulations to all those who made this year's Championships such a wonderful, memorable experience. I especially want to thank you, Sharon, for instituting the vet handler walk through. Dusty and I've been to 3 Championships and this year was the first time I wasn't in a complete panic about planning a handling strategy or remembering the course. (Now if I could just do something about my timing and sharpening my handling skills....)

I tried to use the generous walk through time in a way that did not impede  the other competitors. When a large group was on the course I, and several other veteran handlers that I noticed, stepped off to the side to allow them better access to the course and not add to the congestion. I hope you younger competitors were not inconvenienced by me or any of the other veteran handlers who chose to use some of the extra time we were granted.

Thank you, Sharon, and thank you all you wonderful, generous, younger competitors. You are amazing I hope to see you all in Springfield next year!!

Kathy Phelan

Kathy Phelan
Dusty Boots A'Flying (Dusty)
Dusty Boots Desert Fire (Shaleeh)
McCall, Idaho

Jean Sather (McCreight)

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: VH at Champs
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 05:44:06 AM »
And thanks to all of the amazing vet handlers who are inspiring the rest of us to continue playing agility with our dogs for decades to come!!!  :)
Jean & Tux
Montana

Chelle

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 09:45:42 AM »
What a great idea for Champs..Kudos MN
Chelle Schumann

Alice

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 11:00:32 AM »
Please let me add my thanks as well! Having been the recipient of the VH 70+Award, I attribute extra walking time as a contributing factor! At 72, I need all the time I can get!!!!

Alice Nicholson