Author Topic: Before panic sets in...... Tunnelers  (Read 3373 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: Before panic sets in...... Tunnelers
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 07:02:11 PM »

Barrels can only be used at Funraisers.  We posted that before, I can't remember the dates when other clubs might be able to use them, but I am pretty sure it is mid-2013 to 2014 sometime??

Sharon

I thought we would start to see barrels beginning of 2013
So that we can have a chance to see them before champs....

Or will we not see barrels at champs next year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When I have a couple minutes I will find the post and repost it...  but too tied up right now to do it at this moment.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Lisa Schmit In The Zone Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
Before panic sets in...... Tunnelers
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 08:01:28 PM »
Found this from end of July

<br /><br />When will clubs need to have barrels as available equipment by>Mid-2013 and that will be optional until mid-2014.  Many clubs want to add barrels and they will be allowed to do so.... while other clubs won't have to if they don't want to for another year.<br /><br />Sharon

So do we ask our judges to bring courses with barrels?

Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com
Agility and Conditioning Seminars/Online Training Classes

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 08:38:25 PM »
Found this from end of July

<br /><br />When will clubs need to have barrels as available equipment by>Mid-2013 and that will be optional until mid-2014.  Many clubs want to add barrels and they will be allowed to do so.... while other clubs won't have to if they don't want to for another year.<br /><br />Sharon

So do we ask our judges to bring courses with barrels?

Yep, that would be a reason that I was pretty sure that it was mid-2013.....

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 08:00:19 AM »
I understand why the hoops are being added to the tunnelers runs at the moment.  Tunnels and bags are expensive, but lets not forget it is a
"tunnelers" run.  As Sharon said, this should be on limited basis. 

One of my dogs loves tunnels, the other does not, so overall it doesn't benefit me what-so-ever to be all tunnels.  I have to agree with what someone said earlier though, tunnelers is the first class that I encourage my students to enter since most dogs LOVE tunnels.  It is a good way for them to be introduced to competition in a positive way.  It is "easy" to run because there is no thinking about the obstacle performance, or dropped bars.  Hoops on a permanent basis would take away from that as it is far easier to pull a dog off a hoop than a tunnel.  I would hate to see the success of our newbies go away.
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Chris on Mushtown Road

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 03:17:28 PM »
I am not not NOT  against change and don't care so much if hoops are added BUT I also want to express a lingering longing for the past days when the non-jumping classes were shorter, yardage wise. They were fast and exciting.  Before Maggie retired, she expressed her feelings about this---Touch and Go went from being her favorite class to, well, not.

Sharon, I know you have data on this--am I wrong? Has the yardage increased? What's the thinking?

I think for clubs that don't have "enough' tunnels, maybe a short course could be inserted!

Thanks
Chris
Chris in MN
Maggie, Winn and DDare

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 05:07:16 PM »
I am not not NOT  against change and don't care so much if hoops are added BUT I also want to express a lingering longing for the past days when the non-jumping classes were shorter, yardage wise. They were fast and exciting.  Before Maggie retired, she expressed her feelings about this---Touch and Go went from being her favorite class to, well, not.

Sharon, I know you have data on this--am I wrong? Has the yardage increased? What's the thinking?

I think for clubs that don't have "enough' tunnels, maybe a short course could be inserted!

Thanks
Chris

It might have had more to do with age than obstacles.... on the older style courses with all tunnels and contacts the courses ran between 12-14 obstacles..... three of those were contacts so 9-11 were tunnels.  A 13 obstacles course of contacts and tunnels would work out to 152 yards.  A more "modern" Touch N Go might be 17 obstacles long, 3 contacts and let's say four tunnels and the rest hoops.... that 17 obstacle course would work out to 150 yards.  In many cases the use of hoops shorten the length of the courses (since a tunnel is five yards long).  I am wondering if Maggie didn't like the contacts as opposed to the illusion of a longer course as she got older.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Chris on Mushtown Road

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 05:38:06 PM »
Nah, Maggie loved NADAC contacts!
But I remember courses in the 110-120 yard range. (or are you referring to MY age --and memory? LOL)

c
Chris in MN
Maggie, Winn and DDare

Lisa Schmit In The Zone Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 09:24:32 AM »
Are we going to see barrels at champs in 2013?  Not sure if it changes and I missed it.

if so, I would really like to see barrels in classes before June when the champs are in Sept ..especially since many people  (including myself) take the summer off of trialing.

Gotta get some trial practice in  ;D
Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com
Agility and Conditioning Seminars/Online Training Classes

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 10:47:21 AM »
Are we going to see barrels at champs in 2013?  Not sure if it changes and I missed it.

if so, I would really like to see barrels in classes before June when the champs are in Sept ..especially since many people  (including myself) take the summer off of trialing.

Gotta get some trial practice in  ;D

In the Regular division of the Champs, no not in 2013.  We will be offering a "Skills Challenge" division and it will have barrels or just about anything from NADAC, EGC, Stakes lines and everything but the kitchen sink....

Questions after the premium is out in a couple weeks.... and those people will be sure to practice ALL equipment either via EGC classes or in their training environment.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility