Author Topic: Thanks from All-American Dog Sports!  (Read 456 times)

AndreaL

• Trial Secretary
Thanks from All-American Dog Sports!
« on: October 30, 2012, 05:13:09 AM »
Thanks to everyone who came out and supported our second agility trial in Blacksburg, VA - and thanks to everyone for sticking with us through some iffy weather and aerial bombardment by softballs from the homerun derby on the field next to us on Saturday!  Luckily, we managed to dodge the worst of the weather and all of the softballs and ended up having a fun weekend!

Thanks to judge Dwayne Bonker for bringing his usual good humor and some fun courses for us to run.  We have a lot of novice handlers, and everyone came away feeling like they learned a lot from working with Dwayne!

Thanks to  all who volunteered - we had a great group of people who stepped in and did whatever was needed, and I'm so grateful to all of you for making things run so smoothly!

On Sunday, we used some of the abandoned softballs from Saturday as Judge's Choice Awards, which went to:

Elite: Dawn Jones and Kwyn, for surprising themselves with an awesome Elite Chances Q
Open: Me and Pye (apparently for only cursing in my head and not out loud every time a softball came over the fence)
Novice: Susan Dyer and Ramses, the ball-crazy whippet, who worked through some serious distractions on Saturday!
And the Worker Award: Katie Reeves, who worked hard and put up with Dwayne all weekend, and wasn't even running a dog.

We also had a lot of first runs, first Q's, and first titles at this trial, which was great to see - hopefully the start of great things to come!

Thanks again, and hopefully we will see everyone again in April!

Andrea Lengi
All-American Dog Sports
Andrea Lengi
Brie, Pye-Dog, and Audie

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
Re: Thanks from All-American Dog Sports!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 11:11:08 AM »
Andrea does a great job running a trial!  Thanks to all the great people who helped move equipment so course building could go smoothly.  Congratulations to all those with brags.  Hope to see you all again soon.
Linda & the Daxes
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Lietzusa

Re: Thanks from All-American Dog Sports!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 08:17:57 AM »
It was a great trial - the RV'ers enjoyed the great location and view.  Andrea and her crew put on a super trial!  I will make the drive again! Sam, Schatzi, and SchaSam's Squeek (debuting in 2014!)