Author Topic: Happy Halloween & good thoughts and prays for NADAC people in Mid-Atlantic  (Read 1768 times)

Ed and Dino

I rushed home from the Play-bow trial today because I needed to help pull all my Halloween display down at my sisters house. This because we are very worried about Hurricane Sandy and the wind gusts up to 60 mph that are predicted to hit our area starting Monday afternoon thru Tuesday morning.

A bummer for me because I love hearing the kids and parents tell us how cool our lights are on Halloween night.

So since no one will see this on Halloween, I'll have to show it to my NADAC friends and hope you enjoy it and it will help me feel like all the work was worthwhile this year. This is the only song I got to video, I thought I'd have some more time. Oh well maybe next year. Link below will take you to my video.

Also Please think good thoughts and prays for all us NADAC people and dogs that now have Hurricane Sandy setting her sights for us.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/51728218?badge=0" width="500" height="282" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="">Kidnap the Sandy Claws 2012</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1042846">Ed Peters</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

If you don't hear from me for a while, hopefully it just means I have no power or no internet.
Happy Halloween to all a little early.
Ed & Tres
Dino (At the Bridge)
Morristown, NJ

Off Course Agility Podcast
available on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher and Anchor

Cindy

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
That's very cool Ed!  I'm sorry you had to take it down.  The Oregon Beagles and I will be thinking about you and Dino during the storm and hoping you stay safe, dry, warm and fed.  (That last one was from the Beagles directly.)

Cindy
Cindy and the Beagles

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
We are all hoping that everyone sees Sandy come and go with no damage and no harm to humans or animals.

Stay safe!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Mary Kapner

Ed,

What a shame to ahve to disassemble all your hard work prematurely.  Want you to know how much we appreciated watching that fun video.  Thank you for sharing with us and God bless to you and your family. 
Mary Kapner
"Poodle This!"

PaulaGoss

Happy Halloween & good thoughts and prays for NADAC people in Mid-Atlantic
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 11:01:43 PM »
Thats awesome Ed!!!!

Ed and Dino, stay safe!
Sheila & the Shelties

That was totally awesome!  Thanks so much for sharing it.  Wishing all our East Coast family and friends a safe time during the upcoming hurricane. 
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Wild Terriers

Happy Halloween & good thoughts and prays for NADAC people in Mid-Atlantic
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 10:30:20 AM »
Ed, that is AWESOME! I can't wait to show it to Morgan - she is VERY worried about what happens to Halloween if Sandy is still here.....  Thanks for sharing-  really fun to watch on this horrid rainy, windy day!

Karen and the wild Terriers
Karen and the Wild Terriers

Patricia Terray-Schaeffer

• Team Border Terrier
Sorry that you had to head home early but glad that we got to see you and Dino and you could save the decorations for another year!  I also hope you are all OK. We have had a LOT of really heavy rain and very strong wind (70+ mph) in Northern NJ.

Stay safe~

Pat and Team Border Terrier

Heidi Konesko

Hope everyone made out ok in the storm.  Ed how did you and your sister do?
-Heidi and Penny in NH
Heidi in NH with Penny and Hi Jack
Molly and Sophie at the Bridge

Ed and Dino

Re: Happy Halloween & good thoughts and prays for NADAC people in Mid-Atlantic
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 01:29:56 PM »
Been very busy dealing with life after Sandy. I'm back at work this week.

I lost power for 5 days, my sister's house the one in video still has no power, unfortunately for her she has to work from her home. She is working today with a small generator but the temperature is 50 degrees in her office (got down to 24 last night outside). Then this morning a garbage truck took out a power pole on my street so I'm hoping I still have power and heat so both Dino, me, my sister and her dog still have a warm place to sleep tonight.

The destruction down the shore is unbelievable but the North Jersey counties also were hit bad by winds and many many trees came down and so many seemed to take power lines with them.

Within a  half mile of my sister's house there are power lines down in 3 separate directions, and no power truck has come by yet to do anything about them. There is just simply too much work for the power company to get done. NJ still has over a half million homes without power. 

We are so very thankful that no trees came down on our houses, only my sister's Beta fish was a Sandy statistic for our family, just got too cold for the poor guy to survive.

Looking forward to possibly getting out to agility class with Dino tonight for a little diversion from all the darkness still lingering in so many places in my beloved state of NJ.
Ed & Tres
Dino (At the Bridge)
Morristown, NJ

Off Course Agility Podcast
available on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher and Anchor

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
Re: Happy Halloween & good thoughts and prays for NADAC people in Mid-Atlantic
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 04:25:06 PM »
Ed - glad to know you are safe and sound - sorry to hear you guys are still dealing with power stuff and with this cold snap - have been thinking of you and all my other NJ friends and sending you good vibes  ;)
Maureen, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"