Author Topic: Canby News & Happenings  (Read 2708 times)

Becky Woodruff

• Judge
Canby News & Happenings
« on: November 04, 2012, 06:03:52 PM »
Hi All,

I'd like to start by thanking those of you who came to the Canby, OR trial this past weekend.  The weather was fabulous, the courses awesome and the dogs and handlers spectacular!  Saw some incredible runs on some tough courses.  Kudos to those of you who rose to the challenge, whether you Q'd or not!
Thank you also goes out to those of you, which is most all, who pitched in an helped.  Never once did we have to ask for help with leash running, bar setting, timing, scribing, course building, etc.  Not once!!  You folks are so appreciated!
Thanks also to Traci Bruchok and Stefan Elvstad for helping me with judging duties while Arlene was out of town.

Now for the News!

NADAC Canby will be adding EGC runs to our regular slate of classes.  As soon as I have the opportunity to run things past Arlene, we'll post the EGC information.  The EGC classes will be added to the existing trials, with a couple of runs on Fridays and on Saturdays after the regular trial is finished.   

Also, we are already planning our New Year's "Bash" potluck.   NADAC will provide a turkey.  I originally planned to make mashed potatoes, but since I'm not sure I know how to make them, Barb Watson has graciously agreed to save us and make them!  Yoriko plans a traditional Japanese dish, Stefan a Norwegian or Swedish dish, Tanya is bring cranberries because that is what her family does...  We are just getting started with ideas and plans, so feel free to help us out!
We will make time for a doggie game/challenge that will include "trophies"!  We did it last year in Calera and had a lot of fun with it.
If you can, save the dates, we'd love to have you join us in welcoming the New Year!

Becky, on behalf of NADAC

Becky Woodruff

Lisa Schmit In The Zone Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
Re: Canby News & Happenings
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 12:24:22 AM »

>>The EGC classes will be added to the existing trials, with a couple of runs on Fridays and on Saturdays after the regular trial is finished.   

How does this work adding EGC runs after the trial???
Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com
Agility and Conditioning Seminars/Online Training Classes

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 06:32:01 AM »

>>The EGC classes will be added to the existing trials, with a couple of runs on Fridays and on Saturdays after the regular trial is finished.   

How does this work adding EGC runs after the trial???

Not sure what the question actually is.... but if you have six runs, you could add 2 EGC runs.... for a maximum of 8.  All other guidelines in place. 

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 08:18:51 AM »
Thanks Sharon
That answers my question :)
Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 08:19:30 AM »
Just to be clear, a club can have a total of 8 runs  a day now as long as 2 are EGC classes?
Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 09:37:23 AM »
Yes, you answered your own question in the post before!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

StefanElvstad

• Judge
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 01:38:54 PM »
Also, we are already planning our New Year's "Bash" potluck.   NADAC will provide a turkey.  I originally planned to make mashed potatoes, but since I'm not sure I know how to make them, Barb Watson has graciously agreed to save us and make them!  Yoriko plans a traditional Japanese dish, Stefan a Norwegian or Swedish dish, Tanya is bring cranberries because that is what her family does... 

As anyone that is the slightest familiar with the Muppet Show would realize - asking a Swede to put together a traditional dish is, how should I put it, courageous...
Stefan Elvstad
Liberté Agilité Fraternité

Wild Terriers

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Canby News & Happenings
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »
Lisa, EGC this weekend?

Karen and the wild Terriers
Karen and the Wild Terriers

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 04:28:54 PM »
Lisa, EGC this weekend?

Karen and the wild Terriers

No, we can't prepare a club to add EGC on that short of a notice.  The great thing about funraisers is that we have many judges there who are working on course setting, judging, etc.  At a trial you have a hired judge with a very strict procedure process.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Becky Woodruff

• Judge
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 05:01:55 PM »
Also, we are already planning our New Year's "Bash" potluck.   NADAC will provide a turkey.  I originally planned to make mashed potatoes, but since I'm not sure I know how to make them, Barb Watson has graciously agreed to save us and make them!  Yoriko plans a traditional Japanese dish, Stefan a Norwegian or Swedish dish, Tanya is bring cranberries because that is what her family does... 

As anyone that is the slightest familiar with the Muppet Show would realize - asking a Swede to put together a traditional dish is, how should I put it, courageous...

Alright Stefan!  I about fell off the kitchen stool laughing at this!!!
Should definitely be an interesting New Year's Eve Potluck!!!

Becky
Becky Woodruff

Cindy

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 08:08:29 PM »

Now for the News!

NADAC Canby will be adding EGC runs to our regular slate of classes.  As soon as I have the opportunity to run things past Arlene, we'll post the EGC information.  The EGC classes will be added to the existing trials, with a couple of runs on Fridays and on Saturdays after the regular trial is finished.   

Becky, on behalf of NADAC

Ritzy is thrilled that you picked up on her "not so subtle hint" this weekend that she has been missing EGC!  Can't wait!!
Cindy and the Beagles

Wild Terriers

Canby News & Happenings
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 08:30:40 PM »
Ahhhh, boo hoo, just thought I'd ask since Jeannie is the judge and I'm pretty sure she's an EGC judge - I apologize I just love EGC and hate that I had to miss it in VA last weekend and I do suffer from that "more must be better" ailment . . . .

Karen and my Terriers
Karen and the Wild Terriers

MichelleWhall

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 05:36:01 AM »
We would have loved to see EGC at this weekends ITZ trial too!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 07:21:45 AM »
We would have loved to see EGC at this weekends ITZ trial too!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If competitors really wanted EGC, it would be nice to see an EGC trial, and not just have EGC as an "add on"..

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Patty LeRoy

• Judge
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 07:41:30 AM »
I agree Sharon!  We have started doing a few one day EGC trials up here (Alberta, Canada), and they are the way to go!!  WAY less heavy equipment to haul, and no jumps to adjust!  Also, the dogs really get into it, and are they ever getting faster and more confident with each run.
Patty LeRoy
Alberta, Canada