Author Topic: Clarification regarding EGC trials  (Read 954 times)

Becky Woodruff

• Judge
Clarification regarding EGC trials
« on: November 05, 2012, 11:10:29 AM »
Hi Group,

My apologies for not being more clear with my "Canby, OR" announcement that we are adding some EGC runs to our existing FUN-raiser trials.  It would have been more helpful had I given more details!

The NADAC Office has received numerous requests for more EGC trials around the country.  While those who have had the opportunity to "meet" and enjoy EGC, there are areas that have not yet had the pleasure and would like to, or areas that want more!
After much discussion, we decided to test a new format at the next 4 FUN-raiser trials, by adding a couple of EGC classes to the existing trials.
Normally, once the premium is out, we do not add or change anything.  However, because EGC uses a different format and premium, it seemed like a great way to test the concept of mixing EGC and regular trials.   Which is what we plan to do, test the idea!

We'll have some data and more experience with this concept after the first of the year.  If it looks like mixing EGC and regular trials can be made an option for clubs, we'll kick our judges education program into gear and train/clear more of our existing judges to judge EGC trials.

Please stay tuned!

Becky
Becky Woodruff

Jeanne Allen

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Clarification regarding EGC trials
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 01:18:08 PM »
Will be anxiously awaiting the results of this test!  I would like to see more EGC, but I know for my club the issue will be the equipment needed.
Jeanne Allen and the Blue Dogs Gypsy and Jester
Boise, ID

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 04:31:57 PM »
Will be anxiously awaiting the results of this test!  I would like to see more EGC, but I know for my club the issue will be the equipment needed.

The "biggest" setback is software to score the trials.  Only AU and FAST support EGC and for AU, it has to be two separate trials, which means two premiums, and two different sets of entries.  Also the judge has to be approved to judge EGC at this time.

At Funraisers, we use our own software and there is no issue going back and forth between the different scoring processes, since they are scored very differently!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Karen Echternacht

• Trial Secretary
Clarification regarding EGC trials
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 01:20:14 PM »
The southeast wants EGC!  We have had only one single exposure, and we loved it, and want more please!!!!

Janice_Shavor

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 01:21:35 PM »
The judges list looks like there are more EGC judges now.

And we here in North Alabama would really like some more EGC!!  So with the scoring, we need more specifics on the software.  And possibly the scoring rules to pass on to current software providers.  If I have rules, I can do something for scoring and let you test it.

Then we could add a day to our trials, where 1/2 the day is EGC and the rest is current NADAC classes,  even if there are 2 premiums and 2 sets of results.  All we need for equipment are the barrels.

Janice Shavor
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, & Walker