Author Topic: Running Order Question  (Read 1878 times)

Connie Day

• Trial Secretary
Running Order Question
« on: November 16, 2012, 11:00:32 AM »
When a trial has 2 jumpers, or 2 chances on the same day, what is the order that they are run in?  EE OO NN or EON EON?  Or does it depend on what courses they are running?

Thanks
Connie

Jeff Lyons

• Judge
Re: Running Order Question
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 01:40:30 PM »
I hope this helps.

The Trial Secretary Handbook states:

The class running order is ultimately the responsibility of the judge. 
   Hoopers, Touch N Go, Chances, and Tunnelers are the only classes that can be set by the club to run in any order other than Elite-Open-Novice.
   Regular Agility, Jumpers, and Weavers must be set as Elite-Open-Novice.  In the case of Regular, the order shall be EE-OO-NN.
   No class order shall ever be set by a club that has a judge resetting any course.  In other words, a class cannot run Elite-Open- Novice and then run the same course again for a second set of competitors as Elite-Open-Novice.  Once a course is set, then all dogs that will be running that course must run. 

Jeff L.

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 03:12:04 PM »
All of the trials I've attended with 2 of the same class offered on the same day run EON, EON since they are different courses.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

LeeAnne McAdam

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 04:08:03 PM »
The only trial I've been to that did classes that way, I think they did EON, EON as courses had to be changed anyway.  But I have senior moments and am willing to be corrected!  I really liked running at a trial like that...but then I like just about everything if it's NADAC. ;D
Lee Anne

Wild Terriers

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Running Order Question
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 08:20:05 PM »
All the ones I've been to have been EON, EON. . . . . .

Karen
Karen and the Wild Terriers

Robin Carberry

• Judge
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 06:03:45 AM »
While EON, EON,  is the common running order you will see as others had said they are usually two different courses.  However there is always a chance the the courses are a direct reversal from the first course,  and hence you will then see the running order of EE, OO, NN
Hope this helps.
Robin
Robin Carberry and crew

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 11:40:22 AM »
When a trial has 2 jumpers, or 2 chances on the same day, what is the order that they are run in?  EE OO NN or EON EON?  Or does it depend on what courses they are running?

Thanks
Connie

They should run EON, EON unless it is a funraisers and they are repeating the same course.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 11:42:08 AM »
While EON, EON,  is the common running order you will see as others had said they are usually two different courses.  However there is always a chance the the courses are a direct reversal from the first course,  and hence you will then see the running order of EE, OO, NN
Hope this helps.
Robin

Regular is the only class that is reversed.  No other class is allowed to have a "reversal" course..... if they do, let me know.............

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Connie Day

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 02:42:20 PM »
Thank you everyone.  This helps a lot.  I am looking at both a funraiser and a regular trial that have jumpers on the same.  For my young border collie, this is not a big deal.  But I'm going to have to think about what to do with my bullmastiff at the funraiser, he hasn't run 2 classes that close together before, he's not normal agility dog.   ;D

Thanks
Connie

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 06:39:16 PM »
Connie, is there a reason you want to have 2 jumpers on the same day?  Personally, I prefer them on separate days.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Lisa Schmit In The Zone Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
Running Order Question
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 03:00:12 AM »
Hope this helps.
Robin

Regular is the only class that is reversed.  No other class is allowed to have a "reversal" course..... if they do, let me know.............

Sharon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Why is this?

The reversal tests a separate set of skills.  It is not the same course.

I believe it would save a lot of time and energy (rebuilding) to b able to reverse some courses. Especially when trials are small and help is sparse .

Instead of running the same course twice ala fundraiser style, reversing it makes it a new course.

I don't want to do this all the time, but think the option should b available.
Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com
Agility and Conditioning Seminars/Online Training Classes

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 07:18:38 AM »
Hope this helps.
Robin

Sharon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Why is this?

The reversal tests a separate set of skills.  It is not the same course.

I believe it would save a lot of time and energy (rebuilding) to b able to reverse some courses. Especially when trials are small and help is sparse .

Instead of running the same course twice ala fundraiser style, reversing it makes it a new course.

I don't want to do this all the time, but think the option should b available.

No, it is rare that the reverse is a totally separate set of "tests"... one or two sequences are "reversed" in the reverse.

We have actually found that the Q rate is much higher on a "reverse" than it is on a "repeat" and we have been testing that for many years.

No, we will not be having a reverse of Jumpers, Touch N Go, Tunnelers, Weavers, Hoopers, or Chances.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility