Author Topic: Rescued dog Transport  (Read 1034 times)

Chezsmom

Rescued dog Transport
« on: November 28, 2012, 04:06:41 PM »
If anyone is available to help, I have rescued a senior Jack Russell Terrier, weighing 11.5 pounds, from a kill shelter in Florida with the help of many Facebook friends of mine involved in animal rescue.  She was surrendered because her family is going through divorce.  She is currently with a foster in Deltona, FL and we are trying to arrange transport to at least Tupelo, MS or Memphis TN with her final destination being near Springfield, MO.  I would like to get her home as soon as possible as she has a possible bladder stone so that I can get her veterinary care started.  We currently have a run sheet that I can provide if anyone is able to help with any of the legs of transport.  She has an overnight foster in Atlanta.  Ideally, she would leave Gainsville, FL on Friday, overnight in Atlanta and then continue towards MO on Saturday.  I can go as far as Tupelo, MS that day to pick her up.  Please let me know if anyone is available to help me get this sweet girl home! 
Linda (Chezsmom)

Wild Terriers

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Rescued dog Transport
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:02:02 PM »
I'm not sure if this is any help, but I'm in PA, but I will be in Oxford, NC, on December 7 through the 9th and then headed home, but if there is anywhere I could be of assistance, I'd be happy to help - I've been known to drive some crazy places to help with rescue transport.  Please feel free to email on or off forum. . .   Kmerri6090@aol.com

Hope I can help.

Karen and the Wild Terriers
Karen and the Wild Terriers

Chezsmom

Re: Rescued dog Transport
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 07:49:44 AM »
Thank you Karen!  Things might be coming together, I'm not sure.  Lots of networking going on right now and some legs are getting filled for this weekend.  I will let you know if things don't work out for this weekend.  I appreciate your offer!! :)
Linda (Chezsmom)

ThinkAussie

Re: Rescued dog Transport
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 01:30:39 PM »
My trip planning from NC to TX has not been finalized, but will probably be happening within the next 2 weeks.  I am near Wilmington, NC, hoping to be @ the Oxford trial at least one day, then maybe head home via I-85 to Atlanta on to Montgomery, to Mobile and I-10 to Houston, TX; or I will return to Hampstead (north of Wilmington) and leave by Monday going South on Hwy 17 to MB area for a short visit, then p/u I95 to I-20? to Columbia and Atlanta, to Montgomery to Mobile and I-10 to Houston, TX.

Nothing is set in concert, yet, as the weather will determine when I'm ready to leave!   I like 'playing it by ear'.

I'll have 2 dogs with me; one in a crate in the back of the truck and my cancer patient up front with me! Have room for 1 or 2 more; prefer one if going the whole trip.

OR I could transport to Karen at the Oxford trial.   Prefer any correspondence either via FB or my personal e-mail addy!
TX Pat currently with Aussie Reba
and now foster BC, Mollie!

Missing my Torch man 6/28/2001 - 3/22/2014
And Surfer Dude in KY