Author Topic: Question about Jump Heights  (Read 820 times)

debrasweat

• Karmon Rose & Hera
Question about Jump Heights
« on: December 09, 2012, 08:38:18 PM »
I have a papillon that is 12 1/2" and I have always jumped her at 8" skilled-she is now 8 years old and I was wondering if I have to jump her as a Veteran at 4"? Am I required to do this for 2013? What if I wanted to continue to jump her at 8"?

Debra Sweat
Debra D Sweat

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: Question about Jump Heights
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 10:10:20 PM »
I have a papillon that is 12 1/2" and I have always jumped her at 8" skilled-she is now 8 years old and I was wondering if I have to jump her as a Veteran at 4"? Am I required to do this for 2013? What if I wanted to continue to jump her at 8"?

Debra Sweat

You could enter as a Proficient Veteran and be at 8".

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Jackie Brasen

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 11:03:45 PM »

Debra Sweat

Sharon

But the news update says the rule requiring veteran dogs aged 8-11 to be entered in the veteran division says it does not go into effect until January 2014. Has this now changed to 2013?
mom to the TN Shedding Wonders

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 01:23:32 AM »

Debra Sweat

Sharon

But the news update says the rule requiring veteran dogs aged 8-11 to be entered in the veteran division says it does not go into effect until January 2014. Has this now changed to 2013?

No.  I did not say that she "had" to enter as a veteran, I said she "could" enter as a Veteran in Proficient and get the 8" jump height that she wanted.  Or she could stay in Skilled and not enter as a veteran... either way, she could jump 8" instead of 4".

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

debrasweat

• Karmon Rose & Hera
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 08:35:27 AM »
So if I entered her as a proficient veteran and jumped her at 8", would all her points as skilled stand as all she needs for a NATCH is Chances?

Debra Sweat
Debra D Sweat

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 10:09:54 AM »
So if I entered her as a proficient veteran and jumped her at 8", would all her points as skilled stand as all she needs for a NATCH is Chances?

Debra Sweat

Yes, all points combine for all titles and awards.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility